cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

fertuckw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Correct it's 1gb that doesn't expire till it's used up and you don't get another one after that. 

Laurie1979
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks that’s awesome 

@Rick1959 wrote:
 I Know that it is free but I really don’t want there to be data on this account.  The person who uses this phone CAN’T have any data.  Not in class or at any time at all.  Turning off data on the phone is not enough. 
How Can I prevent the data from going onto this account? 
Please tell me that it’s possible.

I'm sure they can remove it, but might it be easier to just purposely waste it once it comes in.

Rick1959
 I Know that it is free but I really don’t want there to be data on this account.  The person who uses this phone CAN’T have any data.  Not in class or at any time at all.  Turning off data on the phone is not enough. 
How Can I prevent the data from going onto this account? 
Please tell me that it’s possible.

@Rick1959If you don't want the 1Gb I guess you will have to contact the moderators using this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Rick1959 wrote:

That a really nice gesture, and though I appreciate it very much, I do not wish to have this data applied to my account.  I already pay more for my account with no data than I would if I had data, and I have been paying more for that very reason. 

Could you please tell me how to NOT receive this bonus data?

thank you.

The data doesn't have to be used or data can be turned off on your phone.  Is this for a family member such as a student who you do not want to be able to use internet while they are in class?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rick1959 wrote:

That a really nice gesture, and though I appreciate it very much, I do not wish to have this data applied to my account.  I already pay more for my account with no data than I would if I had data, and I have been paying more for that very reason. 

thank you.

Wow.

But. It's. Free.

Rick1959

thank you.

@Chudobs01 wrote:

I've been with public for over 3 yrs and didn't receive no text or no data ... do loyal customers not receive this ???

Every customer gets it if you were a customer before last Monday.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chudobs01 wrote:

I've been with public for over 3 yrs and didn't receive no text or no data ... do loyal customers not receive this ???

The data hasn't arrived yet.

I'm curious if you ever unsubscribed to any Public Mobile nagging texts.

Chudobs01

davincial

sweet!!!

emdash

Have faith! Admittedly, I haven’t been burned yet, but I’ll hold off complaining until I’ve been given good cause to do so.

I probably won’t complain even if they don’t come through on this promise. To be sure, it would be a letdown, but I didn’t pay for the data, so they don’t exactly owe me anything.

TrevorL

You can probably wait a while and then talk to a Mod when it should have been applied to your account!

emdash

This was totally unexpected. No-strings-attached, free, useful stuff is not something a carrier typically gives away. 1 GB isn’t stingy either. I really appreciate it, and it’s just one more reason I can recommend Public Mobile to others!

pgermaine

Wow, two thumbs up to PM for the free data. I’m so glad I switched over!

teazle

PM voice, text and data has worked flawlessy on my phone. What’s the problem with yours?

@honggzb 

Nobody has received the actual bonus data add on.  If you meet the qualifications and have not received the data add on in approximately 2 weeks, you will need to contact moderator.

mashtree

@sahands wrote:

lol, no thanks, you can keep your data, garbage service from PM, what good is having 1000GB of data if not one Kb works on this network!?

Uhm, really??? Works flawlessly for both my son and I.

sahands
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

lol, no thanks, you can keep your data, garbage service from PM, what good is having 1000GB of data if not one Kb works on this network!?

sebaursachi02

This is very good card sim !! With 50$ 

honggzb

I haven’t received the text too. There is nothing in my add-ons

raiger

Has anyone who DIDN'T receive the text yesterday heard from the moderators regarding why not and if we're still getting it? 

ischmo

Thanks for valuing loyal customers, it really means a lot! I've never received a shred of gratitude from any cell service provider for sticking with them for many years, just increased monthly fees and less features. Thanks so much for doing something different and doing right by us! Smiley Happy

Giova31

Hello there.

HoopyDoop

Ohhhh, it’ll be applied within the next 2 weeks. My mistake.

I do get those other sms but I just delete them. I haven’t subscribed or unsubscribed to anything within the past month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HoopyDoop wrote:

I’m afraid I haven’t recieved the text. I checked my add-ons and it’s not there. 😞

I’ve had an auto-pay account for a few months, it renews on the 19th. 

Really don’t want to complain, I love the service. But if I could get a free GB, it would be cool.

I'm curious to know if you get any other texts from Public Mobile like the CCTS complaint one etc. Or whether you've maybe unsubscribed to things somewhere along the way.

Did your services properly renew overnight of that 19th?

The add-on won't be there yet though.

HoopyDoop

I’m afraid I haven’t recieved the text. I checked my add-ons and it’s not there. 😞

I’ve had an auto-pay account for a few months, it renews on the 19th. 

Really don’t want to complain, I love the service. But if I could get a free GB, it would be cool.

laybs331133

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

millbilly1964

Well ty muchly

Need Help? Let's chat.