cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing is Caring! Refer a Friend and they get a $10 credit!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We’re offering a new Refer a Friend promotion, thanks to one of the amazing ideas we received from our Oracle team. A special thanks to @Luddite for sharing this idea!

Until May 10th, 2018, if you refer a friend to Public Mobile and they activate, your friend will get a one-time $10 account credit to offset the cost of their SIM card. Plus, you’ll receive a $1 referral reward as part of our rewards program!

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. Reminder, if you refer a friend you’re eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to…

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own.
  3. The one-time $10 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

• If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards? Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $10 credit to your account for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.Learn more here.
  • I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards? Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer for a one-time $10 account credit. To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.
  • When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end May 10th, 2018 11:59PM EST.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer for a one-time $10 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

91 REPLIES 91

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

now we just need some hot plans to go with it.

Salvo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Keep the promotions comeing PM 

jp2

@danlee Check your private messages

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anyone from SK province that uses public mobile that have spare sim card?  In return, you will be my refer a friend. 

danlee

CalgaryBen

Just received the SMS about this promo from 5132!

danlee

I wish you are in SK province. Lol

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Nice promo.  Thanks, Public Mobile.  Smiley Happy

Watoko

@smp99 wrote:

And I think $10 is fine. No need to increase it, but I don't understand the May 10 date. 

Perhaps they are piloting this to see if it is viable for implementation in the long haul?

dnewf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thats Great!! Now I got to try a get some friends over to public mobile. Win Win situation. 

@LEGO wrote:

I have referred my friend on April 16. I have read through conditions, but still it is not clear to me! Are we acceptable for this promotion? Smiley Frustrated

No, it starts today.

joetracey1294

Of course this offer starts 1 day after I refer my mother

LEGO

I have referred my friend on April 16. I have read through conditions, but still it is not clear to me! Are we acceptable for this promotion? Smiley Frustrated

Good idea, thanks!

raulg

Nice promo! Thanks

pakmode2

Well, it's better then nothing. 

jp2

Awesome, now I don't have to front the 10 dollars myself to convince people to try it for a year 

@Watoko wrote:

Wow @Luddite good stuff, moving up the ranks! 😉

We need to create a whole new level just for him. 

Watoko

Wow @Luddite good stuff, moving up the ranks! 😉

@Wonder_why wrote:

@will13am yeah Koodo was paying $100,then $25,now $50 to each 😃😀

I am all out of friends for now.  If know anybody that wants to make friends with me, send them my way.  I promise not to bite.  Smiley Happy

smp99

Why have a May10 cut off date? This should be perminent. The new customer already paid for the SIM. Only those with referral will get that credit back. 

Koodo does this for their prepaid plans. SIM cost $20 and you get a $20 credit when you open a new prepaid account with Koodo. No deadline. It has been going on for as long as I can remember.

And I think $10 is fine. No need to increase it, but I don't understand the May 10 date. 

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am yeah Koodo was paying $100,then $25,now $50 to each 😃😀

@closng wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@MEU_21 wrote:

Dang - just moved over on Monday! It would be nice if it were retroactive to the beginning of the week.

Sorry, no time machines/mulligans.  Good things come to those who wait.

Have you checked on Kijiji for a time machine?

Good to see new promos coming to Public Mobile!

This would only work if these things are cheap to buy!  Telus can easily churn customers from one brand to another.  I can't churn out friends at the same pace. 

closng

@will13am wrote:

@MEU_21 wrote:

Dang - just moved over on Monday! It would be nice if it were retroactive to the beginning of the week.

Have you checked on Kijiji for a time machine?

Good to see new promos coming to Public Mobile!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I think this is a great promo!!! 

@Wormie, unfortunately you won't be eligible for the $10 as it is just starting today.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@MEU_21 wrote:

MEU_21

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Brooke_C

This is good news 🙂

Thanks!

@Wormie, the party doing the referral gets $1 savings per 30 days.  The new customer gets a one time $10 account credit after 72 hours.  The deal is actually a lot better for the new customer. 

I wish I can makes a whole bunch of new friends before this deal expires.  All my other friends have moved on to greener pastures at Koodo.  With the customer realignment initiatives that Telus is undertaking, doing referrals is like running on a treadmill.  Smiley Sad

Need Help? Let's chat.