Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Activation Issues - Resolved

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’re currently having some issues with activating new SIM cards. 

Our team is looking into what’s causing the issue. We don't have a timeline yet for a fix but will keep you posted. In the meantime, if you are currently unable to activate your new SIM card, please sit tight and try again a bit later. We will keep this thread updated with the latest status, so check back here if you’re looking for an update...

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team

14 REPLIES 14

@WAC

Check if your payment card has been charged. If so you have activated but will need to have the moderators complete the activation for you.

Put the sim card in your phone and reboot do you have service?

Does public mobile show up on your screen?

To contact the moderators by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type "incomplete activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

WAC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i cant activate i get error 831,820

@Fred4 wrote:

I HAV

I HAVE A NEW SIM AND AND STILL DOESN'T WORK! SO DO YOU THINK THE PROBLEM IS FIXED?

@Fred4 

Are you still having issues?  This particular issue might be solved, but there still can be other activations issues.  Just let us know the details or you might want to start your own thread.  

@Melaniekenny wrote:

The issue doesn't seem to be fixed for me. I've gone through all the steps and it said there was an error 821. The payment went through and everything seemed fine until the final activation step.

@Melaniekenny 

If you are still having issues, if the payment went through and you tried to put in your PM SIM card and not working, you should contact moderator.

Click on chat icon on right lower corner of website.  Type: activation isn't working. Follow prompts to submit ticket for moderator help.  

Melaniekenny

The issue doesn't seem to be fixed for me. I've gone through all the steps and it said there was an error 821. The payment went through and everything seemed fine until the final activation step.

Fred4

I HAV

I HAVE A NEW SIM AND AND STILL DOESN'T WORK! SO DO YOU THINK THE PROBLEM IS FIXED?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Durn tootin an activation bug would get fixed in a hurry. I should think so.

@J_PM 

Wow that was pretty fast. Great news!

Thanks for keeping us up to date!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Pleased to share with you all that our team has worked quickly and fixed the SIM Card Activation issue.

Thank you for your patience.

- Public Mobile Team 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@esjliv 

At this time, the process will error out and the customer will be directed to our maintenance page.

Thank you, 

Jade 

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@J_PM thanks for letting us know and keeping us up to date.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @J_PM 

At least this will let customers know they are not going out of their wits thinking it is something they did!

Is there also, a message that pops up during the Activations pages to notify the customers of this? Or the process just errors out?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks @J_PM .  Communication like this about System issue is very useful!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.