cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved]- Rate Plan Changes that did not go According to Plan- Good Grief Charlie Brown

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey community,

As some of you have noticed, there were a couple of things that did not go according to plan today.

good grief.jpg

Sorry for the confusion! We are working on a fix right now, and will let you know when the errors are corrected. In the meantime, we wanted to share with you all the information that we do know.

Plan Price is not Reflecting Bundle Discounts, but Amount Due is Correct

Update on August 8, 2016: This issue has been corrected! 

You will notice when you log into your account in self serve and look at your ‘My Plan’ section that your plan price and amount due are different, as circled below. You will only be charged the amount due. In the example below, the customer would only be charged $45, not the $60 price point. We are currently correcting the price plan value so that it will incorporate the discounts associated with bundling.

error1.png

Other places where the incorrect, unbundled pricing occurs are circled below.

error3.pngerror2.png

Customers who Pre-Selected a Rate Plan that was only Available Prior to July 28th for their Next Billing Cycle need to Upgrade to the New Suite of Rate Plans

This is a niche problem that will only apply to under 200 of you. If you pre-selected a rate plan that you wanted for your next billing cycle and that rate plan no longer exists as a result of the plan option changes, you will need to upgrade to the new suite of rate plans. Sorry for the inconvenience. The bright side of this is that most plans are cheaper or provide more value for the same price.

Big shout out to @Aamna and @fmpsportsguy who helped us identify issues and website inconsistencies so quickly! Another big shout out to those who have helped other community members upgrade and take advantage of our great new rate plans.

Thanks for your patience and support- we will keep you posted on any and all updates.

Public Mobile Community team

61 REPLIES 61

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai@Cat_L

How about adding one more word:  "The full package for basically $40/month" to connote roughly accurate monthly cost of a more complex 90-day plan.  The * footnote is already there.

@Cat_L Thank you for taking time for understanding and revising. I know from previous qs and concerns were raised due to just 1 day less. I get your reason and its definitely true that monthly is a more suitable term but its referring to a month with 30 days. With that in mind many will think its per month and hence 92 or 91 days in total. 

@kutzki wrote:
I don't want to upgrade, I just want that discounted rate. I'm literally on the same plan, and it's not updating for me. What the heck? T_T

@kutzki Has this been sorted for you? If not, I suggest you create a brand new thread rather than leaving it buried here.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @MF

How about you keep your autopay on and let us assist you 🙂

Send me your phone number as well as the plan you'd like, and I'll make the changes (by private message)

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

MF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think I am one of those niche people who tried to change their plan and it didn't go through.  I need to go off of auto-pay in order to change my plan. Will I be able to get auto-pay reward for this payment cycle? It isn't my fault this happened.

Thanks,

MF

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @makkahn28,

I have that too and I think everyone else.  The 3 choice discount is not being reflected under "My Plan".  PM is already trying to fix this one

However, your "Amount Due: $168" .. that should be accurate.  Or When you click on "My Rewards", the estimated payment should also be accurate.  

PM Fee Issue.PNGThe fee listed seems way off. If my Plan is $150, how can it cost $221?

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Delaroyas - totally get it! The great news is that if you don't change your plan on self serve, you'll be able to keep the plan and the pricing!

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @NDesai

Thanks for that feedback. We went back and forth on it a million times while we were creating the banner and landed on /month because it's what Canadians are used to, but I'll definitely take it back to the team again- we don't want to make it confusing. 

Appreciate you also being so active on the Community and helping us navigate through the change!

Cat

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I don't want to upgrade, I just want that discounted rate. I'm literally on the same plan, and it's not updating for me. What the heck? T_T

@Alex-M I have very well known that person. He was very active in the community and he was part of Oracles. Mayor is just a default title you get when you reach certain post counts. He did not leave due to unresolved issue, but if i remember correctly, he left because he found better deal elsewhere. 

Alex-M

@NDesai , When I said a member with the designated title of Mayor had left PM, I was refering to a Discussion post I read where a PM member with the earned title of Mayor, announced recently that he was leaving PM due to some unresolved issues he had been having over a period of time.

The discussion thread of the community forums I refer to is here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/It-s-time-for-me-to-leave-PM/m-p/55817#U55...

Alex-M

@NDesai , Wrote:

As mentioned by  The front PM page advertises new plan $40/MONTH. You guys should redefine that as 30 days. Otherwise, there will be Qs asked about it when their plan will end at 90 days.

Yes, thank you, that was what had created the confusion for me at first.

I agree.

PM needs to properly clarify this so ppl get accurate info.

Like if 3 Gig on 90 Day, 3 GB ÷ 3 = 1GB per month

@Brooke_C As mentioned by @Alex-M The front PM page advertises new plan $40/MONTH. You guys should redefine that as 30 days. Otherwise, there will be Qs asked about it when their plan will end at 90 days. 

@Alex-M Thanks for taking time to provide feedback. Sometimes you just have to think hard before posting. Plan clearly mentions 90 days. So from that, you should be able to figure out $120 and 6GB is for entire 90 days. Before few months ago, it didn't say /90 days and raised alot of newbie questions. But its fine now. 

And i am not really sure what are you saying about the Mayor who left PM? 

Alex-M

@makkahn28 , I thought Wheaties was the Breakfast of Champions. Oh, well... I guess you are right, PM is experiencing some growing pains, but I can not help wonder what they were like when they had physical store locations. I distinctly remember there being locations spread across Mississauga, Ontario and the surrounding GTA before Telus acquired them.

I wonder what exactly changed other than the online self-serve presence that it is today.

Though PM still needs to redo their Data Fees, I cannot fully Fault PM.

They're growing, evolving, Rising, and learning as well. I'm confident PM will have all under control and fixed in time for Corn flakes. Just requires a Spoonful of sugar to help the situation go well, it will be a delightful day

For my 90 Day Rate Plan(s) that I chose roughly one year ago, Unlimited Can-US Talk + Global Txt + 6 GB of Data for $176 Before the rewards kick in, and before Tax

Now, Same Plan(s), But now Cheaper

$150 before Tax and Rewards kick in.

Now, the new fees I am paying, even sweeter than ever

Wished that PM had a 120/150 Day term as well. And more Add-Ons to boot

Alex-M

Yeah okay, that makes sense now. It would be nice however if you could just get the full 6 GB Data package and pay just $40.00 a month for it, instead of having the Data Plan divided over a span of 3 months like that. Smiley Tongue

PBForMe

Yeah I did, and it's showing the 120 dollar 6GB 90 day plan which is the same 40 dollar a month plan that the promo banner relates to. 

Alex-M

@PBForMe , Just realized my pictures came out small, so I had to adjust the size of them, you should be able to see them in full view now, if you right click, and select View Image on each individual image from the two screen caps. Please have another look. Thanks!

PBForMe

You probably have to clear your browser cache or something? I'm in ontario and the plan is showing up fine. Your pictures are too small for me to view.

Clicking on that little promo header from the main site's page only results in showing me a whopping grand total of $120.00 on the 90 Day 6GB Data with Province Wide Unlimited Talk and Global Unlimited Text after a $60.00 Discount ! The Plan does not even come out to $40.00 !

40 dollars a month which makes it 120 for 3 months with 2GB a month, 6 total. I feel like I'm missing something. 

EDIT: I see your pictures now, it's showing the plan fine, 120 dollars 6Gb for 90 days which works out to 40 dollars and 2GB a month. 

Alex-M

@PBForMe , You wrote:

The new plan is 90 days 6GB for 40 dollars and it's clearly listed on the plan page and it automatically selects that plan if you click the promo header. Not sure what the issue you're seeing?

The 4GB plan doesn't show up because it has been grandfathered and no longer offered, it's now 6Gb instead of 4 for the same price as I understand it. So, what's the problem? 

Here is proof in Screen Caps of what it is I'm seeing currently from the main page of Public Mobile's site, and from the Plans page. First Screen Cap shows the 2 GB Data Plan for $40.00 on a 90 Day Plan with Unlimited Talk and Text. While the second Screen Cap shows the selected 90 Day Plan with 6GB Data, and Unlimited Province Wide Talk and Global Unlimited Text.

Given From the Screen Caps below (You may need to right click and select View to view a larger version of them), you will clearly see what I am talking about in a more visual manner. No where do I see an offer on a 90 Day Plan with 6GB Data for $40.00 listed.

Clicking on that little promo header from the main site's page only results in showing me a whopping grand total of $120.00 on the 90 Day 6GB Data with Province Wide Unlimited Talk and Global Unlimited Text after a $60.00 Discount ! The Plan does not even come out to $40.00 !

LOOK HERE AT BOTH SCREEN CAPS:

2GB Plan-40 Dollar Package PM.jpg

6GB 90 Day Plan_PM.jpg

I am in Ontario, Canada and the URL that I had listed shows exactly what the above Screen Caps I took show. Here is that URL again if you wish to confirm by site address as well: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on

Did you notice that the site address above reflects the province I reside in?

I don't know if it's a Geo-Location issue or not, but if you are residing in a different Province than I am, you may be seeing something completely different than what I am seeing as evidenced by both Screen Caps and the URL provided above.

PBForMe

@Alex-M wrote:

@Brooke_C , Hello! It's good to see that some community members have already addressed the New Rate, and Plan Change issues to you. I was thinking about doing the same, but was beaten to it.

What concerns me the most is how Public Mobile didn't immediately catch the issue themselves, before the community members here in this forum topic thread brought it to your attention.

This is most disconcerting when your customers are making due payments on their 30 or 90 day plans on a month to month basis (30 Days) or 3 months from now (90 Days).

Here is something I noticed myself with the current Rate and Plan Changes that wasn't brought up in discussion here yet. The main website of Public Mobile shows on the main page that there is a full package plan advertised for $40.00 / Month on a 90 Day Plan with 2 GB of Data, Unlimited Talk, and Unlimited Text. That is shown here at the URL: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on

When you go to the actual Plans section of Public Mobile's website and you select the 90 Day Plan, you will see that under the category of Data, that there is no 4 GB Data option plan listed! The only current listings for available Data Plans on the 90 Day Plan are: 3 GB / 90 Days, 6 GB / 90 Days, 12 GB / 90 Days, and the No Data option.

The only place that the 4 GB Data option even shows up currently is under the 30 Day Plan!

How are your customers supposed to take advantage of the new 90 day plan for $40 / Month with the 2 GB Data, and Unlimited Talk and Text, if that hasn't even been applied to your current existing plan since it was currently revised!

The new plan is 90 days 6GB for 40 dollars and it's clearly listed on the plan page and it automatically selects that plan if you click the promo header. Not sure what the issue you're seeing?

The 4GB plan doesn't show up because it has been grandfathered and no longer offered, it's now 6Gb instead of 4 for the same price as I understand it. So, what's the problem? 

Alex-M

@Brooke_C , Hello! It's good to see that some community members have already addressed the New Rate, and Plan Change issues to you. I was thinking about doing the same, but was beaten to it.

What concerns me the most is how Public Mobile didn't immediately catch the issue themselves, before the community members here in this forum topic thread brought it to your attention.

This is most disconcerting when your customers are making due payments on their 30 or 90 day plans on a month to month basis (30 Days) or 3 months from now (90 Days).

Here is something I noticed myself with the current Rate and Plan Changes that wasn't brought up in discussion here yet. The main website of Public Mobile shows on the main page that there is a full package plan advertised for $40.00 / Month on a 90 Day Plan with 2 GB of Data, Unlimited Talk, and Unlimited Text. That is shown here at the URL: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on

When you go to the actual Plans section of Public Mobile's website and you select the 90 Day Plan, you will see that under the category of Data, that there is no 4 GB Data option plan listed! The only current listings for available Data Plans on the 90 Day Plan are: 3 GB / 90 Days, 6 GB / 90 Days, 12 GB / 90 Days, and the No Data option.

The only place that the 4 GB Data option even shows up currently is under the 30 Day Plan!

How are your customers supposed to take advantage of the new 90 day plan for $40 / Month with the 2 GB Data, and Unlimited Talk and Text, if that hasn't even been applied to your current existing plan since it was currently revised!

The fact that there was a site maintenance performed not more than two days ago on July 26, 2016 should have brought along some site improvements to the overall structure and services offered through the self-serve portal, not just minor changes to reflect the Rate on some of your Plan and Data options.

Furthermore, I am on a 30 Day Plan where I currently pay $45.00 before tax. My plan consists of Province Wide Unlimited Talk, Global Unlimited Text, and a 1 GB Data Plan.

Now that the Plan has been revised to reflect a new rate, where choosing the same plan comes to a cost of $42.00 before tax, what I want to know, is if this New Plan Rate affects my current old rate.

Will I now be paying the New Current Plan Rate of $42.00 before tax, OR, will I be paying the same old rate plan of $45.00 before tax on the 30 day plan that I have.

OR... Does the $42.00 New Rate Plan for Province Wide Unlimited Talk and Text, and 1 GB Data / 30 Days, only apply to new customers only?

Do you see how much confusion these changes to rates and plans creates now that Public Mobile has revised them, not to mention the slight errors in the payment status / payment due errors that some community members have already pointed out.

Public Mobile needs to seriously pull it's head out of the sand, and address not only site issues, self-serve related, and service issues that plague it, but also needs to focus it's attention on how best to prevent fed up customers from leaving Public Mobile with issues still unresolved. There has already been expressed evidence of that seen today alone already, where we have one member designated as Mayor leaving the community as can be seen here:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/It-s-time-for-me-to-leave-PM/m-p/55817#U55...

I am seriously contemplating leaving Public Mobile myself if all I continue to see are more arising problems, and more customers / members reporting issues with either their Services or Data Plans not working as they should. I've seen reports of Self-Serve Account Issues where members were reporting their accounts expiring or being suspended even though payments had been made well in advance, and I too have had such an issue a month ago on July 2016, where I made payment three days prior to my plan renewal date, but Public Mobile let my account expire anyway, and then it went into suspension. When I alerted Public Mobile of the issue, they were prompt to address it and acted on it quickly, but it happened a day after the fact.

@Delaroyas

"You will only be charged the amount due. In the example below, the customer would only be charged $45, not the $60 price point. We are currently correcting the price plan value so that it will incorporate the discounts associated with bundling."

Delaroyas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same plan as you ($90 = 90-day, Province-Wide talk, Canada-Wide text, 1GB data), but it now says $135 per 90 Days...  

And like you I cant find a equivalent plan....

I would like to keep my current plan, but also keep my current rates ;).

Jonavin

I will also be keeping my old plan.  $90 = 90-day, Province-Wide talk, Canada-Wide text, 1GB data.  The closest approximation I could reach with the new plan structure would be $111 (for more data, which I don't need and won't use) or $105 (for no data, which is not enough), plus I never txt people outside of Canada ... paying more to get more than I need just isn't good math, lol.

Need Help? Let's chat.