cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Celebrate the games with us!

Danny_M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public Mobile - Olympics Takeover on the Community_Community Announcement_EN_FINAL_Aug3.jpg

Hey Community!

With a ‘special event’ starting this Friday (hint, hint - a bunch of athletic humans gathering in one place to compete in sports), we wanted to provide a space for our members to cheer on and support their country.  Feel free to comment below on who you’ll be cheering for, share your winning pick for an upcoming event and/or even brag if your country wins! This is an open forum and we want to hear from all of you. 

Personally, I will be supporting Canada and I am looking forward to seeing our women’s soccer team play.  We were close to the finals in our last appearance and am hoping for a similar performance this year!

We created some new banners for the Community and we’re especially proud of our SIM hurdlers .GIF – how cool is that?! Also, make sure to check out the new avatars we added in light of the upcoming ‘events’. 

P.S. In case you are wondering ‘Hmm… What’s with all the awkward references?’ Please refer to the following link:  http://mashable.com/2016/07/28/ioc-bans-social-media-olympics-brands/#QIldfQOQEkqE #Rule40

17 REPLIES 17

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My respect for everyone. We're so proud of them....... They do things there that make us happy, good reason to cheer them up. 

Danny_M

Canadian women's soccer semi-final today @ 3pm! A must watch! 

Danny_M

Canadian women's soccer semi-final today @ 3pm! This is definitely a must watch  

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
@Cat_L yeah. I didn't see the race but I heard it on the news. He's one hell of a runner. Can you believe that he's the only male medalist for Canada so far? All medals to today have been won by female athletes. That is amazing and great job by our female athletes!

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@ckl HOW ABOUT THOSE 100m?! De Grasse made me proud to be Canadian!! What a future he has!

Hey lets get some special rewards this month!

We can't mention the O word but can still have some fun with this

(eg Gold SIM, Silver SIM)

See the Lab link below:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Games-Related-Rewards-Don-t-Say-the-O-Word/...

@David_J I should be able to tag my rocket with the leaf logo Cat Wink

David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@Danny_M didn't mention but we also added some new sports related avatars that can be selected from (go to 'My Settings' in the upper right corner of the screen, one of the tabs says'Avatars' and will allow you to select).

I still like the PM-LithiumStockAvatars-35.jpg The saying goes your name might be on the back of the jersey, but you're playing for what is on the front.

@raiden they always do things like this. If you were in Toronto area last year you would have seen the Pan Am Games restrictions were EVEN WORSE

Crazy stuff

Cat LOL

pmobile
Go Canada!

....but I can't lie I am excited to watch US Men's basketball and our guys Demar and Kyle 🙂

JasonS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Cheering on Rosie MacLennan for trampolining 🙂 I've been to the facility she trains at, so very close to home for that Gold!

raiden

Pretty disappointed to learn that something like rule40 even exists. Either way, good luck to Team Canada!

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That sim hurdles gif is adorable. 

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice GIF!! So cute 😄

Will watch the game of Ning Zetao since he is so adorable (and strong) Heart

silverferrari

I'm cheering on Team Canada and looking forward to the swimming competitions. Hoping to see Ryan Cochrane and Emily Overholt medal for Canada! Go Canada Go!

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'll be watching the womens soccer games and the track and field events esp. the 100m mens final.

I'd also like to watch the non-popular sports like Badminton, Judo, Taekwondo, and Fencing if I'm able to find a source to watch it.

Of course, I'll be paying attention to the womens trampoline since Canada won gold, the only gold, in London 2012.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Cheering for Canadian Tennis.  Vasek pospisil, Daniel Nestor and genie bouchard! 

Need Help? Let's chat.