Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protect Your Community Rewards | Link Your Community Account and My Account

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We are making system upgrades! To prevent any issues with your Community rewards we kindly ask you to link your Community Account to your My Account by April 27, 2023.   

Linking your Community account will provide you with a faster support experience and allow us to apply your hard earned Community rewards to your desired My Account.

How to link your Community account to My Account

To link your accounts, simply use the same email address for both your Community account and My Account. Follow these simple steps to connect your accounts:

1. Sign in to your Community account
  2. Go to ‘My Settings’
  3. Select ‘Personal,’ then click on ‘Email’
  4. Enter and confirm your My Account email address, and select ‘Save’

We appreciate your cooperation as we continue to evolve our products to give the best online experience across all our platforms; Rewards, My Account & Community Support.   

Thank you, 

- Public Mobile Team

96 REPLIES 96

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In hindsight this should have been sent out in an email to everyone with an Active Community ID.. I never saw this until today, and it now makes sense why I lose access to my Primary and Secondary Community Accounts. 

I got the Primary one back, but CSA never successfully restored the Secondary one... if I would have gotten this as an email at the end of April or the beginning of May I would have made these changes and I'd still have access to both of my Community Accounts. 

Well I even asked about this and it appears it was untrue

Apparently we now need *5* logins as there is some new system for eversafe which does not work

Great

@Burdwood , exactly! This is part of what confuses me!

Burdwood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@LitlLdy wrote:

And… now we know why we were told to do this!
I did ask if they were going to combine the accounts to 1 login!

Except that they created a crazy mess, and refuse to actually link existing community accounts to "My Account", even if they were connected, as instructed, before the whole system update. 

Edit: added "existing"

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

And… now we know why we were told to do this!
I did ask if they were going to combine the accounts to 1 login!

yack
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You change made things more complicated. How older people can manage this shxt, even me spent hours seeking help to manage three accounts, still struggling? If things not change better and easier, faster Web,you are losing us!

selmak

why didn't you send sms messages about this????
is there a way to log into the old system?

@J_PM so, you will make some exciting announcement after the maintenance tonight??

We feel the same! 

@Nezgar , thanks for sharing that info! Hopefully before to long all 3 accounts (My Account , Rewards Account & Community Account) sign-ins will all be merged to 1 sign-in!

HI @LitlLdy 

it is true if we can change My Account email, it is convenient , but if it is safer to leave it with CS agent to change, it is not bad and I rather that way, especially PM is all online, a safer online system is better 

@LitlLdy wrote:

I know it’s very frustrating not being allowed to change your email address on your “My Account “ yourself. It makes no sense to many of us either! Yes, it should have been stated here that you can’t do it yourself!

If you want to know the "historical reason" for not being allowed to change the e-mail address yourself, back in 2019 when I signed up - it actually let you do this. The problem was the system they use was actually designed so that the login username could be separate from the e-mail address used, but they made it so that your e-mail address was the sign-in address. Back then when the self-serve portal DID allow you to change the username/email address, it only changed the "username" part, and not the actual email address part that the system used to send you e-mail, and that could only be updated by the CS agents. This is what I had to go through back then to make sure my email addresses were correct across the board, and community rewards were working.

Because of this I'm sure is the reason they decided to just not let people change the e-mail address in the portal, to ensure that the "username" and "email address' for each self-serve account was always updated together, so that there were no further incidents of them being out of sync since users could not change one of them.

So at least there's essentially only two places you need to worry about changing it now:

1. Self-serve/My Account portal - Can only be changed by a CS Agent by opening a ticket
  2. Community site, which you can change yourself in My Settings > Email

@messenabout wrote:

You didn't explain what to do if your community and my selfserve email addresses are not the same and so you cannot confirm it?

And I've obviously missed the deadline. My problem is I want to change the my Self serve account email to my community email. I wasn't able to gain access to my community at one point and was instructed to make a new account but no one said I needed to change my public account. So I've just spent the past hour trying to do that only to be advised that I can't do that myself. Why doesn't it say that when you're trying to edit your profile information? It shows all that information in your profile but when you go to edit your profile some spots aren't there. It's always a bother to do such a simple thing around here. 

@messenabout , in order for @J_PM to see your message to respond back you need to tag her!

I know it’s very frustrating not being allowed to change your email address on your “My Account “ yourself. It makes no sense to many of us either! Yes, it should have been stated here that you can’t do it yourself!

1 hour before you posted here you created the post “ Linking My Account and Community/Community Rewards “ 10 hours ago, you were told by @Nezgar you that you need to submit a support ticket & ask a CSA to change your email address for you on your “My Account “ to match your “Community Account “ email address. Did you submit the support ticket 10 hours ago to have this changed for you? Have they responded back yet?

Edited: To fix my typos!

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You didn't explain what to do if your community and my selfserve email addresses are not the same and so you cannot confirm it?

And I've obviously missed the deadline. My problem is I want to change the my Self serve account email to my community email. I wasn't able to gain access to my community at one point and was instructed to make a new account but no one said I needed to change my public account. So I've just spent the past hour trying to do that only to be advised that I can't do that myself. Why doesn't it say that when you're trying to edit your profile information? It shows all that information in your profile but when you go to edit your profile some spots aren't there. It's always a bother to do such a simple thing around here. 

@Community_QA wrote:

We always asked to have the email match up on both systems, so what changed ?

There has been a change in the timing of the Community rewards payout. For those on the old rewards system, they are no longer paid out to the accont balance during renewal, but rather at a seperate time.

Community_QA

We always asked to have the email match up on both systems, so what changed ?

@kav2001c wrote:

Just to be clear so long as the email is listed / confirmed no further action is required correct?

Also just as a minor complaint; why do we now require 3 seperate logins? It seems quite silly imo to have an account management login, community login, and rewards login required per account

@kav2001c , exactly how I feel! It makes no sense to me to have 3 separate logins for the same account! This is the only phone service provider I’ve been with that requires it to be this way!

@Ladyjayne1A try this direct link, you can update email there to match My Account 's

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

Ladyjayne1A

I've followed the above instructions, but I don't get the options that you've described above.

When I click on Personal, I do not get an email option.  I've put my email in the notes box.

I want to make sure that my community account and rewards account are linked.  I did not see this notice until today, May 13, 2023.

Thank You

@kav2001c- lol and 4 with the Shop "account". Silly indeed. Kludges stacked on top of kludges.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Just to be clear so long as the email is listed / confirmed no further action is required correct?

Also just as a minor complaint; why do we now require 3 seperate logins? It seems quite silly imo to have an account management login, community login, and rewards login required per account

There's only so much they will do, @softech 

At the end of the day, I doubt Public Mobile cares too much who earns what and to which account the rewards go.

They're just loving the fact the Community (as a 'team') saves them a $hit ton of money in Customer support whilst paying them (us) mere pennies for keeping the masses informed with simple issues.

Guess it goes to show we do it for the love.   😋

But I hear ya, nonetheless.   

I agree matching My Account with Community email is the best way for rewards purpose.  This can prevent those who got a permanent ban to come back and earn a community rewards using a different Community accounts.  We see too many "cheaters" using this loophole.  The worst is that they come back and breaking the same rules constantly.  I always wonder why PM not take serious action to stop that. 

@tara11- If it's the same email address here as in the account AND you have done the verified step then it would be all good.

tara11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My email is the same. So do I have to reenter the same email under new email and confirm? or if it is the same email all good.

@Korth- What does what I said have to do with cheating? Many people here have and manage multiple phone accounts. It's stupid to me to be forced (if that's their plan) to have each phone account have a matching community account that is the only community account that can talk about that phone account. If a community account can verify their "rights" to talk about whatever account then that should be fine. But again, we don't know what their plans are with this recent email.

@dust2dust 

It is perhaps an inconvenience for legit subscribers who just want a chance to earn Community Rewards.

But it is a necessary limitation to prevent other subscribers from exploiting and abusing the system.

Users who break the Community rules often or severely enough get their accounts banned from the Community. Which means no more Community Rewards. Too bad for them. But it doesn't matter to those of us who do not cheat the system. As someone who does not cheat in the game, I don't see any reason to complain when cheaters are taken out of the game. They got what they deserved.

@umnikke8- Well there you go then. The value of the community wins.

I haven't heard any news as to why and the purpose of them sending out these emails. I wonder if they'll purge unlinked community accounts. Or block their ability to log in. Or as seems to be maybe a trend, require the linked community account to be the only community account to ask about the account itself. Which I think is stupid. If I can verify "rights" to an account then I should be able to talk about it from any community account.

umnikke8

@dust2dust Thank you, I didn't think to double check what address the email was sent to. It was sent to an alias email and apparently I created a community account years before signing up with Public that I forgot about. Still bad I didn't receive a reply to my customer service request.

@umnikke8- I believe those emails were sent to community account email addresses that aren't linked to an account. Did you get the email sent to this community account email? Or a different community account email? Like with an alias. Or is this community account using an alias that the account is not?

Need Help? Let's chat.