cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jade_S
Public Mobile

[Price Change]: $70 for 15GB, now $60/mo.

Hi Community, 

We have some exciting news to announce today. Effective November 12, 2021 the $70 15GB plan will now be priced at $60, a $10 reduction!

At Public Mobile, we are constantly looking for ways that we can make our services more valuable for our customers.  All of our plans include: Call Display, Voicemail and Conference Calling.

What does this mean for you? 

Existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $60 per 30 days
  • 15 GB at 3G speed (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for AutoPay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and U.S minutes
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 

How to get this offer: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$60 for 15GB + 500MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile plans, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Re: [Price Change]: $70 for 15GB, now $60/mo.

This is good news.  Hopefully there will be more deals with Black Friday.

softech
Mayor / Maire

Good move!!!  this plan now is more reasonably priced

and good news is that .. PM this time BEATS Lucky and Chatr as the first one out of the 3 to reduce the price for this plan.  (although, I assume they will follow very soon)  🙂

@Jade_S  will you give us more good news about other plans as well? lower price or more data?  

Better, but still not great

I think that whar.customers really want to see is the elimination of the "3g" plans.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

...and VoLTE as time marches on.

With the border open again, I bet a good chunk of uptake would happen if the roaming plan came back.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@Jade_S  Can you confirm this:

1. If user activated $70 plan with 2GBBonus,  they now need to complete a  Change Plan to take advantage of the $60 reduced plan.  Does that mean they will lost the 2GBBonus?  Would that be a bit unreasonable ?

2. I understand the fine print is that once plan changed, 2GBBous will be gone.  Is this a hard rule even when customers decide to upgrade their plan?

will13am
Oracle

This is definitely a step in the right direction.  Upping the speed cap should be the next priority.  It is not a big deal for customers with 1GB plans.  If big gig plans such as this one is in focus, then it pretty rough trying to use this much data at snails pace.  

@Jade_S 

Are you aware that the first post reads (at least to me) that the plan includes 16GB of data?

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Jade_S 

Are you aware that the first post reads (at least to me) that the plan includes 16GB of data?

Nice catch. Yes the third bullet point gives another .5. Remove that and change the second bullet point to mention autopay

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Good News! A move in the right direction! Now it is where most of us thought it should have been when it was introduced but these things frequently take awhile.

Yes @softech , it says right in the fine print above that if you were in a plan with a promo and switch to this new plan you lose that promo. So it is a gamble, I would assume the promo will be removed. A $10 reduction and winding up with 15.5 GB rather than 17.5 GB is likely a better deal for most unless really struggling to stay within 15.5 GB. I cant relate though, I stay within my 250 MB most months.

Of course it also has this statement which I don’t believe applies since there isn’t any bonus data with this plan other than Autopay. I imagine though that the long running 2GB promo for new customers on a $35 or higher priced plan can still be applied for new customers.

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.