cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Activation Portal

@JK8 wrote:

I would suggest confirming your password and pin. Customers may mistype.

confirm.jpg

@JK8 great suggestion 👍

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Hey Community, 

As you may recall, in November 2019, we invited you to help us understand how we could improve the activation experience here at Public Mobile, and we were blown away by your enthusiasm. After months of rigorous design and testing, we’re excited to announce the launch of our new Activation Portal! 

@Melinda_H congratulations on your promotion to Product Manager.  I wish you all the best in your new adventure 🎈🎆🎇🧨🎉🌹🌹🌹

Awesome changes!  I love the new streamlined activation process.

I'm not sure if the Account PIN requirement were there before. If not, good addition.

Account PIN.png  

It would be better if you confirming the Account PIN and password is included, as suggested by @JK8 above.

Step 2 Phone Number is so easy to use whether picking a new number or porting one's number from another provider. 

Turn back option.png

^^^^ love love love to be able to turn back without being timed out.  awesome awesome awesome!!! 👍👍👍

Also, showing total amount due including taxes, is great move.  So many new customers question why their cc statement shows different amount paid.  

payment include tax.png

Thank you @Catherine_T for all your hard work to get these changes done! 🌹🌹🌹

Great job!

RosieR

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Amazing, keep it simple.!!!!!!!!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

This is very good news. I always felt helpless when people hit the wall right at the start, it's much harder to convince them you don't need classic customer service to be happy with your cellphone provider when they struggle with something activation.

I would also suggest to have those back buttons actually fictional so if you notice typo you actually can go back to fix without error message and session locking in the sim. 

Great progress

I would prefer that the referral code box be added back to the first page. With the new activation portal I cannot see any way of checking the valdity of a code without proceeding past the first page. 

I'd also like to know if the old referral activation links are still working or if all requests to load anything from activate.publicmobile.ca are simply being redirected.  I tried now to to load an example such as activate.publicmobile.ca/nhumghunmfh (clearly nonsense after the /) and I was still taken to the new activation portal.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@RosieR wrote:

Also, showing total amount due including taxes, is great move.  So many new customers question why their cc statement shows different amount paid.  

payment include tax.png

Well this "might" be an improvement for those that don't understand that mobile service is taxable is what it boils down to. Top up or renewal for $15 in BC costs you $15 + $1.80 = $16.80. Sooooooo let's say I have a balance of $50 (that has had tax paid on it) and those that do understand taxes will now be alarmed to "think" they might have $16.80 deducted from their balance. Once again a poorly thought out description to compliment the improvement. It needs to be much more thorough and in the example that, (I cannot get because the system has slooooowed down so much), would have been better  described as Due Today: $16.95 will be charged to your auto-pay....but there needs to be a mention, if you have a balance NO TAX will be charged on any of the funds taken from your BALANCE. Some where it needs to be clarified all in the same spot.  Also it needs to also be mentioned that your BALANCE has had taxes paid. This is inherent poor wording that has existed for many many years on the Telus prepaid system as well. PM is self serve....let's make sure it is understood and in black and white for every type of scenario of a payment. 

PM is on the the right track....but the standard set for having the best "informing" web Self Serve needs to be heightened significantly. 

edit....I guess this is totally irrelevant as I only skimmed what was being said and assumed (that so dangerous word) that this is what you would see on your My Account when your 30 cycle payment was due.....sorry!!!

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

I would prefer that the referral code box be added back to the first page. With the new activation portal I cannot see any way of checking the valdity of a code without

I'd also like to know if the old referral activation links are still working or if all requests proceeding past the first page. 

to load anything from activate.publicmobile.ca are simply be redirected.  I tried now to to load an example such as activate.publicmobile.ca/nhumghunmfh (clearly nonsense after the /) and I was still taken to the new activation portal.

Excellent point. I just logged in after a huge wait and numerous on/off flashes of screen. 

It should be back on the first screen as @computergeek541 says, @Melinda_H as the link still works in bringing up the Activation Page but why do any entry of pertinent information  if you cannot see if the referral code has taken or is correct?????? No one wants to be in the position of finding out that their SIM cannot be entered for the second time when they find out there is an issue with the referral code. 

How well was this tested in a beta version...who tested it.....did you have oracles and mayors test it? Is it time to roll back and do a better job??

Don't get me wrong...the "intended" improvement is good. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

Looks way better and easier now! Thanks for improvement! Way to go😊

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The improvement is awesome, I love the new layout...  But please add back the referral code field to the first page of the activation process!!!  I'd like to know if I have a valid code before starting please!

XionBunny
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Long overdue overhaul, great work, I look forward to the future upgrades to the system, keep it up!

Need Help? Let's chat.