cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Activate by December 2 and get a bonus 5 GB of data.

@smp99 wrote:

I agree with your argument. However, they could have done better. How about just making the $35 worth while. Change it to 3GB for new and existing customers. Call it a Black Friday sale, but then just keep it. I think most would have been ok with that.

I agree about the $35 plan, sort of a dinosaur plan now! But that's another project that wouldn't be seen as a Black Friday deal if it became 3Gb. 

AE_Collector

Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately at least for me, it is not something that I would recommend especially since it is a one time thing Smiley Sad

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As a prospective buyer who has been waiting for my moment to leave one of the big-3 to join P.M. or another BYOD alternative, I'll keep on waiting.

IMHO this deal strikes me as a welcomed, unexpected bonus for those who are already going to purchase the $35 plans. I can't imagine it's the deciding factor for anyone who's conciouslly thinking long-term.

@Reek wrote:

As a prospective buyer who has been waiting for my moment to leave one of the big-3 to join P.M. or another BYOD alternative, I'll keep on waiting.

IMHO this deal strikes me as a welcomed, unexpected bonus for those who are already going to purchase the $35 plans. I can't imagine it's the deciding factor for anyone who's conciouslly thinking long-term.

For that (long-term), that's baed on the rate plans offered and the rewards program that can offer discounts.

AJ9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1. Is this bonus 5GB data at 3G/4G/LTE speeds?

2. Can a new customer who signs up for a $35+/mo plan, downgrade to any lower priced plan (such as $15/mo) in the second month onwards?

Thanks.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@AJ9  it is at 3g speed.   In the fine print it says if you lower your plan you'll lose the bonus data 

AJ9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@GR OK thanks for confirming the speed. Where is the fine print of this promotion? I don't see any link to it in the first post.

@GR wrote:

@AJ9  it is at 3g speed.   In the fine print it says if you lower your plan you'll lose the bonus data 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I still say this is a GREAT deal for anyone looking at the $15 plan and the $25 plan as well. These are people who don't need a ton of data but worry about possibly running out when needed on the lower end plans. Instead of paying more than needed monthly to ensure you don't run out stay low with these free add-ons to fill the gap if and when needed. I am surprising myself getting by in the $15 plan over winter when we aren't at our cabin where we have no wifi. But I have the 1Gb data bonus that they gave us to help out if needed.

So you have to start out on the $35 plan rather than the $15 or $25 plan but I bet when we get clarification it will be that you can switch up or down to whatever plan you want for your second month.

AE_Collector

Mayor / Maire

@AJ9 wrote:

@GROK thanks for confirming the speed. Where is the fine print of this promotion? I don't see any link to it in the first post.

A link to it is up on the home page. Click on the big logo in the upper left.

Mayor / Maire

@GR wrote:

Where is the fine print?  I cannot find it on OP.