cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJ9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Activate by December 2 and get a bonus 5 GB of data.

Yes found it: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/blackfriday

"5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $35/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. "

AJ9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Tiana_V- It would be an awesome BF deal if it can be revised as:

Activate any $35+/mo plan - get bonus 5GB

Activate any $25+/mo plan - get bonus 3GB

Activate any $15+/mo plan - get bonus 1GB

Any chance if the above request can be reviewed?

Mayor / Maire

@AJ9 wrote:

I second this proposal.

Mayor / Maire

@popping wrote:

@AJ9 wrote:

I second this proposal.

I would prefer clarification that a plan change would not affect the add-on as has been the case with past promos like this.

J-L
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@AE_Collector wrote:

I would say this IS the "new plans for a Black Friday deal". And I can't see why it wouldn't be combinable with the additional $20 referral credit to the person making the referral! Excellent!

AE_Collector

It says it is not stackable with other offers/deals except referr a friend offer... In other words yes the referr a friend $20 bonus credit will apply. 

J-L

@AE_Collector wrote:

I still say this is a GREAT deal for anyone looking at the $15 plan and the $25 plan as well. These are people who don't need a ton of data but worry about possibly running out when needed on the lower end plans. Instead of paying more than needed monthly to ensure you don't run out stay low with these free add-ons to fill the gap if and when needed. I am surprising myself getting by in the $15 plan over winter when we aren't at our cabin where we have no wifi. But I have the 1Gb data bonus that they gave us to help out if needed.

So you have to start out on the $35 plan rather than the $15 or $25 plan but I bet when we get clarification it will be that you can switch up or down to whatever plan you want for your second month.

AE_Collector

But they can't switch plans until they use all of the bonus 5G or they will lose what is left. Apparently  the bonus 5G do roll over until all used up but only if they stay on the $35 plan. So if you are keeping the 5Gs as an " insurance if needed" you cannot move to a cheaper plan in the second month.

J-L

@z10user4 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@AJ9 wrote:

I second this proposal.

I would prefer clarification that a plan change would not affect the add-on as has been the case with past promos like this.

This is the fine print wording from the plan...  

Effective November 25 2019 until December 2 2019 at 11:59PM ET. Offer available to new customers who activate online and in-store.

5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $35/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. This offer is subject to change without notice. This offer is not stackable.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@AJ9 wrote:

I second this proposal.

I was surprised to see that too. 

For the $10 promo, PM system will check the compliance before adding the credit.  But how PM is going to enforce the removal of the add-on since there is no expiry date for add-on.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tiana_V 

I would be surprised if the data plans are forfeited if the plan is changed so hopefully we can get a definitive answer to that. I know it says that in the fine print but let's face it, PM has a bad history of getting the wording wrong or at least not being exactly what they intended it to say.

AE_Collector

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Davery wrote:

I'd just like to clarify this extra 5gb is only for the first month when you sign up? 

Hi @Davery 

It is one time only, but it is not only for the first month, the first cycle data amount will be the usual for thru plan selected (1.5/5.5/8.5) It is treated as an add-on, not data from the plan, so it will appear on the account within a week and it will stay on your account until completely used up, in other words it doesn't expirem