cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW OFFER: 2nd Month Free! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Activate by December 2 and get a bonus 5 GB of data.

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer is now expired.

November 25th until December 2nd 11:59PM ET: We’re introducing two new Black Friday Deals: 

• Get your 2nd month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store
    • This will be credited to your account within 10 business days
  • Get a free SIM card when you activate on any plan in-store

These offers are stackable with the 5GB data add-on, so long as you activate on an eligible plan ($35+/month).

Hey Community,

From November 25 to December 2, customers that activate online or in-store will receive a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only and not stackable with any other promos (except for Refer-a-friend bonus).

How to Get this Offer:

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $35/mo or higher plan by December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 2 business days of activation.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

310 REPLIES 310

epistolium
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just ordered a SIM card in order to get the black friday deal, but i'm afraid by the time I get the sim card it's past Dec 2nd, how can i make sure to still get the black friday deal? 

Thanks

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wonderful!

@vipin wrote:

My question is whether the 5gb bonus is every month? Thanks

No, just once

vipin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok.Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vipin wrote:

Nope. One time.

vipin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vipin wrote:

Whether the bonus 5gb is only for 1 month or will stay with the current plan as long as the number is active?

Are you asking?

The wording says any plan change will lose the 5gb. It would otherwise stay on until used up.

@vipinThe bonus is 1 time only but will roll over until you use up the allotment.

vipin

Whether the bonus 5gb is only for 1 month or will stay with the current plan as long as the number is active?

@Tiana_V wrote:

@AJ72@Bethn@computergeek541@AE_Collector 

Great news, Community! We heard your feedback loud and clear and we’re happy to announce that we are back-dating all of our new Black Friday deals to include anyone who joined us as of November 25 2019! That means that anyone who activated from November 25 on the original offer is eligible to receive: 

• A free 5GB data add-on on $35+/month plans activated online or in-store
  • 2nd month free on any plan activated online or in-store
  • A free SIM card on any plan activated in store 
  • A $20 credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile (in addition to your normal referral reward)

If you or your friends haven’t already jumped on these deals, make sure you do fast - all these offers (with the exception of the referral credit) expire Monday December 2!

Happy Black Friday Shopping!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

So the only question left in my mind is whether people who signed up on a plan (from Monday Nov 25 on) that is less than $35 are getting the second month free now? The Bold writing above says anyone who activated from November 25 on the original offer? 

Technically anyone signing up on the $15 or $25 plan didn't sign up on the original offer as it didn't apply to those plans. I'm guessing this will cover everyone because of this statement "we are back-dating all of our new Black Friday deals to include anyone who joined us as of November 25 2019!" but the two statements still leave a bit of room for arguement. (Please don't shoot the messenger!)

AE_Collector

Davery

@LanaThornhill wrote:

Can you purchase a sim card online and get the black friday sale.  I would have to order the sim card online and it wouldn't be here by December 2.  Is there any way around this?  There are no retailers showing up for NL

They are sold at walmart! I thought the same thing as well. 

@Tiana_V wrote:

Great news, Community! We heard your feedback loud and clear and we’re happy to announce that we are back-dating all of our new Black Friday deals to include anyone who joined us as of November 25 2019! That means that anyone who activated from November 25 on the original offer is eligible to receive: 

• A $20 credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile (in addition to your normal referral reward)

Thanks for update. That's great to hear.  I fully realize that the the free month offer started on November 28th, and that it may have been Public Mobile's intention for that to be the start date of that promotion. It's just that with the offer details worded the way that it is, there likely would have been multiple complaints from people who would not have received it.

@LanaThornhill wrote:

Can you purchase a sim card online and get the black friday sale.  I would have to order the sim card online and it wouldn't be here by December 2.  Is there any way around this?  There are no retailers showing up for NL

There are ways, but if there are no retailers near you, your only choice would be to get one from a third party if they're willing to give you the sim card number so that you can activate it now.  Check ebay, kijiji, craiglist for that.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@LanaThornhill do you have a Walmart nearby or a mobile shop in the superstore?  They both sell  and activate Sim cards

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LanaThornhill wrote:

You need PM SIM card to activate before expiry date.

You may ask eBay seller whether they will email you the SIM card serial number for you to activate your plan now and ship your SIM card to you.

LanaThornhill

@rxdspncr wrote:

Just to confirm, the 2nd month free will automatically be applied to accounts with new activation. No promo code required?

If no promo code is given, then none is required.  It would be ideal to get a first month free deal to allow a free trial.  Practically, it cannot be implemented as everyone will just sign up a ton of accounts as it would cost nothing to do so. 

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tiana_V wrote:

If you or your friends haven’t already jumped on these deals, make sure you do fast - all these offers (with the exception of the referral credit) expire Monday December 2!

I guess this is what Thanksgiving is all about.  If only there's more plan deals targeting everyone, we can all give thanks to Public Mobile.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rxdspncr wrote:

Just to confirm, the 2nd month free will automatically be applied to accounts with new activation. No promo code required?

To confirm...that's how that kind of promo has worked in the past...yes. To answer the question...correct. The cost of whatever plan you paid for up front will be automatically credited into your Available Funds up to 10 days later.

rxdspncr

ayo23

@Tiana_V 

THANK YOU!!

AJ72

@Tiana_V  a BIG THANK YOU for considering our request and accomodating it! You are awesome!

@Tiana_V wrote:

@AJ72 @Bethn @computergeek541 @AE_Collector 

@jvwarren wrote:

I purchased this plan today, but paid for the SIM card. Will that be reimbursed?

The sim card was supposed to be free on the spot. I suggest going to the retailer and showing this annoucement.

jvwarren

I purchased this plan today, but paid for the SIM card. Will that be reimbursed?

Probably more of a misunderstanding... by renewed he likely meant doesn't expire, continues to be valid.

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Farmer_Dave wrote:

I just bought this plan today. I purchased in store. I asked about the 5G bonus. The representative told me the 5G renewed each month. As I follow this discussion however I'm becoming more convinced that he was wrong.

The sale rep is wrong.

Read the offer details on this link

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/blackfriday

Farmer_Dave

I just bought this plan today. I purchased in store. I asked about the 5G bonus. The representative told me the 5G renewed each month. As I follow this discussion however I'm becoming more convinced that he was wrong.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

The free month is a pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting it because there was already a promo going.

@Bethn wrote:

Is it Nov 25th or 28th? I signed up yesterday (27th) with the $15 plan. Could this mean I am eligible and in line for a free month to be automatically applied, or is this a typo?Typo or am I eligible?Typo or am I eligible?

@Tiana_V , we have a potential issue here. In the first page of this thread, it's lists a start date of November 28th for the free month offer. Howver, at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/blackfriday in Offer details, it shows a start date of November 25th and does not distinguish between the two different offers.  Is Public Mobile going to retroactively honor this?

Need Help? Let's chat.