Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving forward together

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Public Mobile community,

I want to thank all of you for your interest in Public Mobile’s fall promotion, which expired last night at midnight. The interest we have seen has been overwhelming and we are so happy to welcome all of you to our brand!

We realize many of you are still experiencing issues and I want to assure you that our team is continuing our focus on resolving customer issues faced during the promotional period.  This is our number one priority.

To accelerate resolving our backlog of issues we have our core support team working overtime, and we have asked for extra help throughout the organization. In addition we have our systems folks doing deep dives into the issues we’ve seen to find solutions ASAP.

I thank you for the patience you continue to show, and I look forward to continuing our conversation on the community as we move forward together.

Sincerely,

Dave.

218 REPLIES 218

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Unfortunately until it's fixed. They should change your start date to the date it starts working.
Is it should or will?  Customers should not be required to beg for service credits in this case.  The service date ought to be the date when service is delivered and that is the date when payment applies unconditionally.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Do you have service? If so, don't you think self serve can wait?

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I'm still waiting for @Shazia_K to get back to my PM, first was port issues, now self-serve is busted.

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately until it's fixed. They should change your start date to the date it starts working.

W3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Moving forward together?

Compensation to lack of service for half a month?

Are we expected to pay or the lack of customer service?

If not, then why do I pay for services I am not receiving?

How long do I continue to have an Incomplete # port?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This thread needs a revised title.  There seems to be very little in the way of moving forward with resolving issues.  Here's another to add to the pile which doesn't seemed to have gone down much. 

Activation date:  November 17, 2016, waited for port to complete but it never did.

Support request date:  November 20, 2016 seeking intervention to resolve failed port.  Support request number 5598-4858 issued with email indicating that a response can be expected within 48 hours.

A week has gone by with total silence.  I appreciate that the promotion has raised large volumes of issues and meeting the 48 hour commitment may be challenging.  You'd think that after 7 days, at least they would issue some kind of update so that expectations can be recalibrated.  Mods, please address the porting issue NOW or provide a new date on when you will get around to resolving the problem.

heybobby

@Dave_M I can understand and appreciate that PM is behind due to high volume and are working very hard to catch up, and I'm glad you're being open about it. However, what I don't see is any type of ETA. I alerted a mod to my issue a full 2 weeks ago, and I have not heard back. I'm being patient,  but it can be difficult when the timeline is not defined. Can you please provide an ETA or update on how the backlog is coming?

NewMember

Hi Dave,

I'm still having issues with a SIM card I purchased for this promotion. When can I get this dealt with?

Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Send that exact message to a mod

Rockdaddy22
I'd erase that immediately

hslee1210
You need to send private message to a moderator to get help. Try not to post personal information on the forum since everyone can see them.

jpaigan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

moffa

I get the following error when trying to change number:

We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.

Of course no one is home...

iyang1818

Dave_M:    

It is 10 days since I activated my SIM card.  At this point,  I still unable to receive call and receiving text.   I left private message to one of your moderator, but I notice the message was not even read for more than one week.  It is very frustrating,  especially I will be travelling tomorrow.  

I understand you guys are over loaded, but not even getting a response for more than 10 days is unacceptable.   I hope you or someone can help out before I change my mind.  Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S.  my case number is 5881-6054 

iyang1818

KK
@moffa Try using the transfer number function under self serve.

moffa

Any chance I can get my port fixed myself via self-serve?

I have no service yet my card was charged. Will I be credited for a week without service?

shrimpdude

Can we get a timeframe that's more specific than ASAP?

Didn't PM just get an influx of like a million dollars (or millions?) from new subscribers? How many new staff did you employ with that cash?

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kevinjalbert messages to mods don't get marked as read, because they have a system set up to pool all messages sent to mods so that they can all see them.  And no, there's no transparency - the mods say they are doing FIFO, though they're obviously putting priority on people with no service/partial service/broken ports over people with issues like missing referrals, etc.  

kevinjalbert

I have placed a PM to @Jeremy_M 3 days ago and it is still "Not Yet Read". 

I'm curious if there is any transparency in the processing of requests that the Mods are doing?

i.e., going FiFO (First in First Out), and at some interval they mention they are on Date Nov xx. This can help give a sense of progress and let people know that their issues will be resolved soon enough.

Just a suggestion, first time post here. I have no idea what their system is, just that they are backlogged from the promo.

Marylin

Peut-être pourriez-vous m'aider, j'essaie de créer mon compte libre service mais impossible. Chaque code que je reçois ne fonctionne pas. Je suis donc toujours redirigé à l'étape un. J'ai essayé plusieurs fois ça ne fonctionne jamais. Quoi faire?!

eppie

Hi Shazia,

Great to hear that you reply to jungrak9.  I would guess the PM means the problem is fix and just to turn off and then turn on the phone.  Can you please look into my account too?  Many thanks.

Eppie

sportymi

All the horror stories are freaking me out. My plan is set to change on Dec 24. I absolutely cannot live without phone services during the holidays! I am sorry to say but I hope the mods are not taking any vacation. I will hate to hate you guys for it... 

Sorry for the rant, just really scared, because the plan change failed with my husband account too. Already sent a msg and still waiting...

xinit0
Piggybacking here... I sent a pm to mods two days ago - can I get a queue jump as well?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @jungrak9

I'm truly sorry about this, 

I sent you a private message, please read it 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

jungrak9

@Dave_M Good message but IF PM needs more time to fix your trouble then don't you think is it more reasonalble that the staff memebrs should have at least noticed customers that they've recieved the messages so work on it AND provided a specific time line to wait? I have no service for last 7 days, losing all my important calls, paying double bills to PM and Rogers. The worst part is I emailed to customer service, private messages to two differnet moderaters @Mary_M & @Shazia_K also posted a multiple discussion on the community board but NOBODY NOBODY from PM has answered so far. I am very surprised all my messages even with a special tag@ are ingnored so even I am not sure if my messages were read and I will get help eventually.

eppie

Hi, I called to change to a new ($120/90 days with 12 GB) plan on Nov 19 and had made the payment on Nov 20, I had set up a future dated plan change for Nov 23, 2016. On Nov 23 my account was suspended. However, when I sign in to my account I have a credit of $120, that means payment to Public Mobile was there with the correct amount charged. Now that my phone is suspended for 3 days, what do I do now.  I emailed PM but no response yet.

eppie

I did send a private message yesterdayt when I posted here but have not heard anything.  I am without a phone for three days and no one can contact me at all.  Anyways that problem can be fixed right the way.  Public Mobile already took the money.  It is sitting on my account.

doucanada

6 days later and my private message to the mod still remains unread.

Need Help? Let's chat.