Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving forward together

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Public Mobile community,

I want to thank all of you for your interest in Public Mobile’s fall promotion, which expired last night at midnight. The interest we have seen has been overwhelming and we are so happy to welcome all of you to our brand!

We realize many of you are still experiencing issues and I want to assure you that our team is continuing our focus on resolving customer issues faced during the promotional period.  This is our number one priority.

To accelerate resolving our backlog of issues we have our core support team working overtime, and we have asked for extra help throughout the organization. In addition we have our systems folks doing deep dives into the issues we’ve seen to find solutions ASAP.

I thank you for the patience you continue to show, and I look forward to continuing our conversation on the community as we move forward together.

Sincerely,

Dave.

218 REPLIES 218

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You have no idea what I know. I'll tell you what I know for sure, they're not handling this situation very well.

@will13am I agree that issues aside, the service is great, and I also agree that eliminating the glitches will prevent the need to sound off. Those who lost service and had to wait, I feel for them, and they're welcome to share their frustrations.

As for raising capital, no I'm not joking. Being an entity under the corporate umbrella of Telus, PM would need to sustain themselves. Just because Telus owns PM, doesn't mean they're like Daddy Warbucks giving money when it's needed. I also am not talking about plugging in a new e-commerce portal, I'm talking about a complete overhaul of the self-serve / backend system. Ask any programmer and they'd tell you it could be an expensive undertaking. But, here I am speculating... Robot surprised

@daredogg wrote:

@Rockdaddy22 @makkahn28

I don't understand the logic in telling PM what they should be doing. It seems everyone has the solution, when really, nobody except PM themselves know. Even though the oracles have a bit more insight, it doesn't sound like they know any better. Maybe this was a business move for PM to raise some much needed capital? Maybe to fix the glitches, or maybe unveil a new backend system? Whatever it is, I just think it's useless to speculate. I'm sure they're all doing their best to get through this, but there are only so many hours in a day. *rant done* Robot tongue

We all have opinions.  That is the nature of the beast.  The best way to keep these opionions from being expressed is to fix the problems.  Nobody doubts that the moderators are working extra hard to deal with the issues.  However, by all measures, it isn't enough when you see people up in arms not being able to use the service for longer than a week.  This is not a knock against the moderators but the company and the people sitting in the corner offices that can take action to make things better, like add more moderators, institute a 1-800 calling options on a temporary basis, something creative...  As for your comment about raising much needed capital, you must be joking?  If PM does not have the captical to set up an e-commerce portal, then perhaps they should fold up the tent.  Telus has plenty of cash.  It is inexcusable to be operating such a buggy portal. 

Issues aside, the service once up and running is fantastic. 

@Rockdaddy22 @makkahn28

I don't understand the logic in telling PM what they should be doing. It seems everyone has the solution, when really, nobody except PM themselves know. Even though the oracles have a bit more insight, it doesn't sound like they know any better. Maybe this was a business move for PM to raise some much needed capital? Maybe to fix the glitches, or maybe unveil a new backend system? Whatever it is, I just think it's useless to speculate. I'm sure they're all doing their best to get through this, but there are only so many hours in a day. *rant done* Robot tongue

I agree @Rockdaddy22

PM should, suspend Further Tri-Sim orders & Activations, 1st Find out what happened, why, when, how, and then draft a plan to banish the issues away.

They need to consider, what would happen if they don't, what would happen if they do, pros, cons, in order to build confidence, and restore balance

julieni835
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Is it link to my SIM activation issue? I'm new and I tried so many times
... No answer from suppprt

SIM can't be activated stocked on step two.
Unable to click, load, choose any of the next button or area code field....

I look at the codecs.... Not a pro but a part looks different not to say suspicious.

Rockdaddy22
I recommend they halt all sim sales until this backlog is cleared up. I never thought they were ready to leave beta.

@Rockdaddy22, How can One Pick at this post, when there's practically no meat left on the bone?

PM is essentially in shambles with how the Promo and US Roam left behind some chaotic glitches, I think PM needs to pull the emergency brakes, and slow down, perhaps Beta leaving was NOT the best approach, and I think PM must go back to formula, I think PM needs to bring out the best minds out there, somewhere, to see what happened, why did it happen, what can be learned from this, and how to correct so future Public Subjects can enjoy full benefits w/o the side effects.

I think PM should consider such a radical approach, to discover the truth, and to cast into the cold, the glitches from x-mas past.

My Faith in PM is still strong, BUT with how ppl are getting flabbergasted, One can only take so much before even those who are so loyal feel the heat and must do something

Rockdaddy22
You pick on that post, ok lol

imetz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
@"Rockdaddy22 wrote:
I guess you'll let me know. I'm just a customer like you. They might not think of it when fixing the account so reminding them couldn't hurt. Or they might credit the account the equivalent dollars for the days missed. You should contact a mod with your opinion on the issue.

deljo-agtor wrote"

You type like you're the Mayor or something...I'd tone it down a tad if I were you...cause just because you post a lot, doesn't mean you get to talk down to people.  Get off your high horse, would you?

@deljo_agtor@I didn't see or read anything that sounded condascending from @Rockdaddy22. He is just saying it the way it is. Whether a Mod will credit the other guy for all the days without service is up to the Mod.

rehii

@deljo_agtor  He's just trying to be helpful, this is a support community afterall.  

deljo_agtor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@madhatter wrote:

@Rockdaddy22: I assume the mods read the forums, so why PM? The whole point to opine on the topic of wide interest is to share both the thoughts and the response (hopefully).

The worst thing about this situation for me is how everyone is kept in the dark on the progress. How hard is it to say "we are now groing thru Nov 15 tickets" and keep everyone updated?

The second worst thing is how the support is set up with no apparent priority to issues (all goes to PM). I could wait a month or longer to get billing sorted out. A week of no service is starting to seriously tick me off.

@madhatter Well said.

deljo_agtor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
I guess you'll let me know. I'm just a customer like you. They might not think of it when fixing the account so reminding them couldn't hurt. Or they might credit the account the equivalent dollars for the days missed. You should contact a mod with your opinion on the issue.

@Rockdaddy22  You type like you're the Mayor or something...I'd tone it down a tad if I were you...cause just because you post a lot, doesn't mean you get to talk down to people.  Get off your high horse, would you?

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I have been counseling patience but have to admit two weeks is my tolerance. While I have sympathy for our overworked moderators, HOWEVER PM as a company needs to be more forthright. It is far past time for them to give their customers another update.

Quad4x4

@Dave_M

So how long can we expeect until someone contacts us ? I have beeen waiting almost 2 weeks with no communication from anyone at Public Mobile 

ToniCipriani
@Rockdaddy22 stack that with a credit card with bonus rewards for drug stores.

Thanks for explanation @will13am, I didn't think of the security implications!

Rockdaddy22
🤐

deepshah333
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great Service so far !

Smiley Very Happy

Rockdaddy22
Vouchers are the best, use them exclusively and get autopay.

Right now CanadianTire gift cards are on sale at rexall/pharmaplus for %10off use those cards to buy PM vouchers at CanadianTire gas bar 🤑 Great way to save %10 on gas as well 🙂 I like to stock up.

@daredogg wrote:

@will13am ...and especially if you cancelled that card. Your renewal would of failed and you would of been out of service, waiting for a moderator to fix the issue! I'm wanting to change credit cards as well but might just send a private message instead of thinking the system will work as expected.

PM... please fix your system... I really feel for the moderators having to deal with the fallout of these system glitches... it's not their fault, but are usually blamed! Robot Sad

I did try asking a moderator to assist with applying my credit card to the account.  They do not have  authority due to security reasons.  All they see is what you see after a credit card is applied, which is only some of the numbers in the card.  The payment system does have a glitch and it crops up when you try to pay using the same credit card on more than two accounts.  This sounds absurd, but that is what happens. 

@will13am ...and especially if you cancelled that card. Your renewal would of failed and you would of been out of service, waiting for a moderator to fix the issue! I'm wanting to change credit cards as well but might just send a private message instead of thinking the system will work as expected.

PM... please fix your system... I really feel for the moderators having to deal with the fallout of these system glitches... it's not their fault, but are usually blamed! Robot Sad

Rockdaddy22
As it is now, maybe a year or 2.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The computer system has just blown another gasket.  I had my successfully completed a credit card update on an account last week.  Tonight I was in the account checking on something else.  Just out of curiosity, I did a check of the credit card on file.  To my dismay, the credit card update did not stick.  It has reverted back to my old credit card.  These kind of errors are serious and should never be allowed to persist for this long.  How many years has this brand been in business? 

Rockdaddy22
Here's the thing, before the promo, support was amazing around here. You'd tag a mod and get an answer in minutes to hours, it was great. If they needed further info they'd ask for a PM, awesome. They also did tickets via email and helped on twitter and facebook.

Now, everything's just #%^<#%
Eventually it'll get back to normal, I just don't know when, I'm hoping a couple weeks. They've been fixing issues, I see it everyday. It's probably at 8-10 day average wait, that's just my personal observation.

davidhoward012

Couldn't agree more. It would be really good to see specifics about the progress being made. What's more upsetting than how long this is all taking, is how in the dark we all are about it. People are left to speculate. 

My issue is 9 days old now (like everybody elses) - still waiting too. 😞

madhatter

@Rockdaddy22: I assume the mods read the forums, so why PM? The whole point to opine on the topic of wide interest is to share both the thoughts and the response (hopefully).

The worst thing about this situation for me is how everyone is kept in the dark on the progress. How hard is it to say "we are now groing thru Nov 15 tickets" and keep everyone updated?

The second worst thing is how the support is set up with no apparent priority to issues (all goes to PM). I could wait a month or longer to get billing sorted out. A week of no service is starting to seriously tick me off.

KK
Their complaint process is relatively easy and it is effective for matters covered under the Wireless Code. Just search thier website to see if any of thier grounds might apply. I have used them for unfair roaming charges and for canceling services. I cannot say if they would apply in your circumstances. https://www.ccts-cprst.ca.

Mint

Does a CCTS complaint do anything? I'm thinking of submitting one now. 10 days without proper service and no response from the company is beyond ridiculous. This is not how a business should be run.

Rockdaddy22
Need Help? Let's chat.