cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More kiosks are opening near you! Check them out.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

It’s official! More Public Mobile Kiosks are headed your way on June 11th, 12th and 13th. Just like before, they’ll feature our signature look & feel, as well as a charge station powered by our bike. Cool right?

If you have a location near you, we highly encourage you to check them out and bring some of your friends too!

Where are your kiosks and when exactly are they opening?

Opening Date

Metropolis (Burnaby, British Columbia)

June 11th, 2019

Promenades Cathedrale (Montreal, Quebec)

June 12th, 2019

Carrefour Angrignon (Lasalle, Quebec)

Place Vertu (Saint Laurent, Quebec)

June 13th, 2019

Centre Laval (Laval, Quebec)

-Public Mobile Community Team

62 REPLIES 62

@porkchopbread 

I have generally heard good reports about using London Drugs and quite often the SIM has been free at LD as well. 

Terry

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@GR wrote:

@porkchopbread   sometimes the kiosks have deals that are not available anywhere else!  

Too bad those Kiosks and deals are not accessable to everybody yet. Still have not heard anything about a Kiosk(s) within the Greater Toronto Area.

@porkchopbread   sometimes the kiosks have deals that are not available anywhere else!  

porkchopbread
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Question - what's the real benefit of going to the PM kiosk instead of Wow Mobile or London Drugs? Will they give you a free SIM? I'm looking at the Burnaby location, you can get a PM SIM card at WoW Mobile, Superstore or Walmart (all of which are in the mall already). 

Bubbly100
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great news, I actually signed up at the Montreal Kiosk. Great customer service and the workers were super nice and the whole process was a breeze! 

Maureen1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What a great way to join Public if you don't live near a retail or kiosk supplier. Almost everyone knows a prime member. 

tianamkaichan

The associates at London Drugs were not helpful at all. The associate refused to switch my sister’s account over from Koodo to Public and said “it’s going to waste my time.” So I had to drive an hour out to Metrotown because I saw you offer a Public kiosk! Anyways, I’m really disappointed in the service at LD, a store that offers Public especially since customers heavily depend on associates to do the transfers and stuff.

The Metrotown kiosk is such a cute little bicycle stand and tent. Real helpful and really nice too.

AmandaBrooke

Anything near Nanaimo, BC (or on Vancouver island)???? 🙏🏼🤷🏼‍♀️ 

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just signed up with PM at a local kiosk. The customer rep answered all my questions. It took less than 5 minutes to set  up my account and port my old number.  There were no connection charges, the SIM was included and a $10 referral discount was given to to me for the next month.  My wife got her new koodo phone yesterday and she and my son spent several hours setting up the account and porting.  To be fair, she was trying to set up a second account without having the first koodo phone (my son's) on the same account.  I am very happy with service so far and I finally have a data plan after 27 years with Telus.

yea last week there was a fella on here who signed up at a kiosk they couldn;t get him activated told him to ask the community here to help or contact a moderator great customer service huh? it reminds me of walmart lol

jbrguitar

they were not able to help at all with technical problems

steff12321

Open one up in Toronto/GTA!

bk1

Yes! good news, It  will be good too in the GTA especially  in the malls like before

Charlie1990

Seems so silly to need to go into a physical location to get it activated for you when it's so simple to do it yourself online. I don't know why it needs to be one or the other, when both seem rather irrelevant. Could avoid paying for kiosks and for other stores to do the activations for you by just sticking with online activations. It's what makes Public Mobile different, and in my opinion, better.

Bailey12

I’m excited by this news. I’m hoping eventually one will be opened in the Maritimes. I would love to have one nearby. 

MandyJ

@ahkuanlau wrote:

Is there a public kiosk near Beddington height in Calgary

Is "Marlborough Mall (Calgary, Alberta)" near to Beddington Height in Calgary? It's the only Public Mobile kiosk I know of in Calgary. There was a post about a kiosk opening there April 16th.

ahkuanlau

Is there a public kiosk near Beddington height in Calgary

Milk

@GinYVR wrote:

@MilkMore like increase brand awareness, increase subscription, increase pressure so exisiting users will migrate to Koodo.. oh and keep coop students employed.

Exactly my point - PM is not doing this just to be nice.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@MilkMore like increase brand awareness, increase subscription, increase pressure so exisiting users will migrate to Koodo.. oh and keep coop students employed.

Milk

@GinYVR wrote:

@Maureen1Yes one doesn't need on to get on Public Mobile but apparently they offer perks that are unique to the kiosks.

So you feel that in addition to the kiosks being a cool design they also offer additional perks. And all this is done by PM out of the goodness of their hearts regardless of the cost to build, maintain and staff these nice kiosks.

@GinYVR ok thx I didn't know they where that far east yet thought they where only as far as Quebec

@Maureen1Yes one doesn't need on to get on Public Mobile but apparently they offer perks that are unique to the kiosks.

@RossNYes they are official Public Mobile kiosks with bicycle USB chargers.

oh is that an official pm kiosk?Smiley Surprised

Maureen1

You don't need one. You can do everything online. If you have a friend on public before signing up get their number and you get $10 off your first bill .

Maureen1

There is a Public Mobile kiosk located at Device Doctors in Charlottetown,  PE.

Klane

@CellGirl wrote:

@Milk wrote:

OK ...that sounds interesting but why does PM feel them necessary? Would the cost required  to maintain and staff these un-necessary kiosks not eventually add to the cost of plans?

@Milk 

That's my concern too.. why have PM kiosks strictly for buying and activating SIMs, when people can buy them elsewhere and activate them online, or at a non-PM kiosk?  It seems wasteful.. if anything, PM's money would be better spent on hiring more mods, for quicker response times.

I agree that support needs to be increased for better response times but dont think you are gonna pay more because of kiosks....PM pays the other stores for activations so now it's becoming feasible to have tier own kiosks vs pay someone else to do it.

CellGirl

@Milk wrote:

OK ...that sounds interesting but why does PM feel them necessary? Would the cost required  to maintain and staff these un-necessary kiosks not eventually add to the cost of plans?

@Milk 

That's my concern too.. why have PM kiosks strictly for buying and activating SIMs, when people can buy them elsewhere and activate them online, or at a non-PM kiosk?  It seems wasteful.. if anything, PM's money would be better spent on hiring more mods, for quicker response times.

CellGirl

Need Help? Let's chat.