Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier with Public Mobile

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

J_PM_0-1669903282782.png

Season’s Greetings Community, 

During this season of giving, we’re bringing back our Holiday Rewards and we’ve got some amazing things to give! 

Starting December 1, we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST. We are excited to share these gifts with you all:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Plus 1GB of free data, redeemed through Public Points   

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES2” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2022 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of (1) one-time 2GB data add-on and one time 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used. 
  • Public Points members can redeem an extra one-time 1GB of data, free from their My Rewards account. 
    • Customers must be opted in to Public Points to redeem the 1 GB offer.
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

306 REPLIES 306

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@purewater wrote:

I got text at 2:44pm today. I reply with a YES2

image0.jpeg

That's exactly what I received this year. Better than previous years. 🙂

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Got both my texts and bonus applied. checked and verified. yay!!!

ryjawar77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I haven’t received it either. I logged into rewards for the free 1GB, but nothing about the holiday offer by text. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@frankieshi 

You still have today and tomorrow or within 7 days of activation they will be automatically added to your account.

For anyone reactivating like I did the other day with an account suspended for nearly 90 days once I confirmed it was active I texted YES2 to 4911 and I recieved the confirmation text and the holiday gifts a minute or so later. Presumably just like last year as long as you reactivate on or before December 31st and text YES2 to 4911 you should recieve the holiday gifts without issue.

frankieshi

Hi:

Just wondering why I still  have not seen the TEXT? Thanks

@darlicious , I think it was a lot better when it was added automatically & not tell customers to wait for a text to reply to in order to receive the gifts. Personally I don’t like replying yes or no to anything through text 🤣. I think the CS_Agents are gonna be bombarded with support tickets tomorrow from many Customers that have not received the text from PM! Just my opinion though 😉

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Charitus 

I'm not sure if you just made a typo or not? In 2019 when pm first introduced the "more is merrier" campaign the holiday gifts consisted of a 1gb data add on and a 400 international minutes add on. Every year since then pm has given customers a 2gb data add on and a 500 international minutes use add on.

Charitus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you go into your account, it shows previous bonus's separately to this years.  It will show remainder of previous bonus's, if you have any left. Then when you receive this years, it will show that as a separate addition to the others. 
It doesnt show dates when received. But its very clear and will say 2G and LD mins. for this year. Last year was 5G bonus. 
If you have bonuses left from previous years, they will stack and be completely separate from all others with a clear visual.
The bonus's dont expire and you can use them at your convenience without having a time restriction.

And maybe next time take the time to READ, to read the details of the promo text that you already have, and WAIT until AFTER the time the PM set out to get all the messages out to everyone.

@Tim3tripp3r   no worry, you are "not eligible" now just because PM has not add you to the invite list yet.  PM still has two more days to send invite to the rest of the customers, and you are part of those.  

Wait 2 more days and you will get the text

Just in case you still not see the text by Dec 15, then open ticket with PM support and they will add the bonuses back for you

Tim3tripp3r
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've gotten the free shwag every year M+D but I haven't received the text yet from PM. If I try to manually add it by going YES2 to the 4911 then this is the response I got

Public Mobile: Looks like you're not eligible for this offer. No changes have been made to your account. Don't worry, you haven't been charged for this attempt.

Anybody care to chime in? 

it is true that the country list on the holiday bonus is much smaller than the regular LD addon country list.  But some people tested and confirme that in fact this holiday bonus can be used on most countries on the regular LD list  (I meant they tested and it works on some countries not mentioned on the holiday LD country list) 

Also, not sure which countries @jazL  called mostly, but keep in mind, the "world" in PM is way smaller than the real world anyway.  PM long distance addon can only reach around 30 countries anyway

@jimbobs wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

For me, it's a quibble - a small one - because none of the three countries that I would use it to call are included.

Yes it is a quibble.

Ever hear of the expression "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"?

The fact that you would bother to take the time to air your quibble says a lot.... 😕

That's why I said it's a quibble.  Do you understand what "quibble" means?  

Do you know what a waste of time to bother sharing your "quibbles" with people, especially for something that is a gift? What does that say about your character?

At the very least, it shows an attitude of ungratefulness. On top of the fact that you think it important enough with the need to share it, so then spreading that ungratefulness.

@jazL   yup.  What you have done forced a reprovisioning of the sim card with the network and it will fix some issue, in your case, fixed the sms issue    🙂

jazL

@softech  Hmm, I tried the sim card on a different phone, it then can receive SMS, then I switch the sim card back to my original phone and now it can receive SMS.  Not sure why, but it seems to work now, thanks for the advice.  I'll keep monitoring in the next couple days to see if the issue is just temporarily resolved or permanently gone.

@jimbobs wrote:

For me, it's a quibble - a small one - because none of the three countries that I would use it to call are included.

@jimbobs   since they give you extra data and LD minutes and the LD minutes can be used for calling within Canada and US, what you can do to "waste" your LD minute and data is to change your plan to $15 for one month. 

Likely the data and outgoing minutes from the $15 won't be enough for you.. BUT in such case, the extra 2GB and the 500 LD minutes will kick in for you  🙂

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

Yes it is a quibble.

The fact that you would bother to take the time to air your quibble says a lot.... 😕

That's why I said it's a quibble.  Do you understand what "quibble" means?  

@jazL   for your text issue, try your PM sim in another phone and see if it fixes the problem.

For your holiday bonus, wait till after Dec 15 and open ticket with PM Support, they will manually add the bonuses to your account for you

jazL

I still haven't received the SMS for the promotion.  In fact I'd had issue with SMS, I can send the SMS no problem but can't receive it, like when I tried to login to my self serve account that requires 2FA, if I choose SMS Text option I never receive the authentication code, has to choose the email option.  If I send SMS to someone and that person replied back with SMS, I would receive it, but if I didn't initiate the conversation then I don't receive the SMS.  This is very strange.  Anyone ever encountered this?  FYI I didn't port the number, it's my first mobile number and it's from Public Mobile.

ryjawar77

Thanks. I keep checking for the text. All I got was thank you for your payment. 

@ryjawar77   2 more days to go

and by Dec 16, whether you got the text or not, you will get it.  PM support will certainly add the bonus back to your account if they have missed you 

ryjawar77

I still haven’t received my text for the bonus 2GB + 500 min long distance? ☹️

angelawd

When You see the bonus data from previous years, does it show up as a cumulative amount or do you see it as seperate bonuses? Is there a way to see dates when the bonus got applied to your account so I can know for sure that the amount I see is truly still last year's?

angelawd

No, I just see last year's bonus. I was surprised when I first saw that 150MB of my 2GB bonus from 5 days ago was used up and I haven't even used all 250MB from my monthly amount! Then I realized this must have been last year's bonus amount, meaning that this year's is not showing up.

Ribeena

Mine didn’t show up until the following day after I replied to the text. I also have bonus data from previous years. You will still get the bonuses for this year. Give it some time 

Vtan

Thank you 

It is on the first page when you sign in to SelfServe. Are you not seeing there?

@jimbobs wrote:

Yes it is a quibble.

angelawd

I received my text of the offer, replied and then got a text saying the bonuses were added. I had not used up my 2GB bonus from last year (I still had 1.85GB left), so should I not still get the 2GB bonus (and hence have 3.85GB)? It is the same with my 500 bonus minutes. It is not showing that it is added though it has been 5 days. When I messaged the SIMbot help, it showed my usage details of 151MB of 2GB bonus and then 0 of 2GB bonus which leads me to believe both should be there, but I can't see it myself. Where can I see the date and activity of the bonuses getting added? Under usage history, it only shows what I have used.

@PeterGolfC wrote:

I accidentally deleted the text message.  Is there another way to claim the December reward via my account online?  or could you resend me the text?

Thanks

The text message doesn't need to be resent to you. You can send the message saying YES2 to 4911.

Need Help? Let's chat.