cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

699 REPLIES 699

@AE_Collector 

The gift add-on is a modified version of the (now discontinued) international add-on, as you mentioned already. It's listed as a separate item in Self-Serve - I have the one I purchased long ago plus both of the gift versions - so it's obviously handled as a separate item.

I'm guessing Public did it this way because their new long distance add-ons have been structured more restrictively. They wanted inclusive gift minutes which could reach as many calling destinations as possible but (as the prices of some of their other long distance add-ons suggest) they didn't want the prohibitive expense attached to making it universally inclusive. Remember that these minutes are actually purchased from foreign operators at whatever rates Public has negotiated, some are more costly (to Public and thus to Public's customers) than others.

@Anonymous 

oh okay, I thought it had a few differences but haven’t done an exact comparison. I guess they found a bunch of the old International add-ons up on the top shelf in the warehouse. It is a more suitable plan over all to give away to customers being that it isn’t as specialized as the newer plans. I do recall some comments that the old plan allowed some of the new countries so it is always worth a try if you want to call somewhere not listed in this one.

AE_Collector

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Merry Christmas Everyone. Thanks public mobile these gifts are great ! I still have last year's free gifts in my account this is totally awesome thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector : it's the old 400 list with another 100 minutes. Not a hybrid. iirc some people have noticed the odd anomaly as per usual with this place. Not that anybody's complaining.

It seems so odd to me that they appear to have created yet another hybrid Long Distance add-on here. Haven’t they? This 500 minute freebie isn't just the old 17 country (I think?) plan that included Canada and the USA because I think some of the new countries are in it as well. Or am I incorrect about that? The countries I have been asked about in this freebie plan by one of my new referrals is Australia and NZ neither of which are included in this plan but they are both included in the new International plan. It must be getting fairly complicated to determine which plan to use minutes from for some customers / calls now.

AE_Collector

Sauga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello guys, 

UPDATE: I tried again today, and it worked (India + USA). I talked for ~20 minutes and it deducted that amount from my 500 free minutes. (Minutes Used: 20/500)

thanks for all your help!!

@Sauga 

That might be on the “old” international LD add on where you may have seen it. 

Just checked my records for old LD plan....India was on it. The old plan, if you have it, will still work. 

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sauga wrote:

Thanks for the details, LurganleUk,

None of those number combinations apply to me.

But I'm pretty sure I read a List of countries included in the International Plan (incl. USA, Canada and India) but I'm not able to find that page anymore.

@Sauga hi I just found this list of included countries I am sorry but I misled you 

Countries included in $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

@Sauga 

That might be on the “old” international LD add on where you may have seen it. 

@Sauga wrote:

But I'm pretty sure I read a List of countries included in the International Plan (incl. USA, Canada and India) but I'm not able to find that page anymore.

These are the included countries in the holiday promo:

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Sauga

@Sauga wrote:

Thanks guys. I see.

So it just includes the US and Canada in the International minutes?

$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US

I also did try the US and wasn't able to complete the call.. something along the lines of "Your Plan doesn't cover this call, please go to Self Serve and add-on the plan"

I see the Add-on in my Account and pretty sure it's active.
($0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US)

Some numbers are excluded when calling USA or United Kingdom. 

1. Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726. Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

Did you call as per above?

Sauga

Thanks guys. I see.

So it just includes the US and Canada in the International minutes?

I also did try the US and wasn't able to complete the call.. something along the lines of "Your Plan doesn't cover this call, please go to Self Serve and add-on the plan"

I see the Add-on in my Account and pretty sure it's active.
($0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US)

@Sauga wrote:

I have the addon:

But I am not able to make International calls. I'm trying to call INDIA, which is included in the plan (I checked).

Please Advise!

@Sauga Please see what I have highlighted in RED for you.  In Canada Long Distance

2 cents a minute....and just out of curiosity is that a reasonable price? Can you use Skype or FaceTime??

Add-Ons6

Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

500 Canada Wide Long Distance Minutes

$5
1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes⁴

$15
1000 U.K. Long Distance Minutes⁴

$15
750 India & Pakistan Long Distance Minutes

$15
500 China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau Long Distance Minutes

$15
100 Philippines Long Distance Minutes

$15
300 International Long Distance Minutes
Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sauga wrote:

I have the addon:

But I am not able to make International calls. I'm trying to call INDIA, which is included in the plan (I checked).

Please Advise!

@Sauga hello India is not included in that add on sorry there is a 750 minute add on for 15 dollars😊

Sauga

I have the addon:

Please Advise!

Xquzme

Sweet free data and hoping for something else in my stocking.

Haligal

Thank you! That’s awesome!!

@Haligal wrote:

Is this data used when the data included in your plan is exhausted? Does it stay there indefinitely until used in the future? 

Hi @Haligal yes the data included in your plan gets used up first and when you used up all your data included in your plan, the free data kicks in.  The gift data will keep rolling over to next renewal and next until all used up.

Happy Holidays!  🎄🎄🎄

@free1reign wrote:

where are links for winning and getting free data and long distance for members already signed up???

You need to go into selserve.publicmobile.ca and go into the add-ons seciton. Once in your account, "purchase" both of the $0 add-ons.

free1reign
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

where are links for winning and getting free data and long distance for members already signed up???

Haligal

Is this data used when the data included in your plan is exhausted? Does it stay there indefinitely until used in the future? 

Yasehtor

What a great present.. Thanks Public Mobile..!

@saeliux Add-ons never disappear until used.

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I can confirm that they don't disappear, I still have unused bonus data from previous years.

@youdestock No, it would stay on your account until you use it up. Works as usual addon you can buy.

@youdestock wrote:

Hi there,

I've just added a "$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US" on my plan. Is there a sort of date limitation on that? like I can only use that in Dec. 2020 and it will disappear Jan. 2020. ?

Thanks,

@youdestock   No the data/mins won't disappear until you use them up completely so they may last a few days/weeks/months or even years depending upon your usage.

@youdestock wrote:

Hi there,

I've just added a "$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US" on my plan. Is there a sort of date limitation on that? like I can only use that in Dec. 2020 and it will disappear Jan. 2020. ?

Thanks,

@youdestock Go back and get the 2GB data add on as well! They both roll over. They will last forever or until you use them all up, whichever comes first.

youdestock

Hi there,

Thanks,

3s_Plenty

I had forgotten all about this promo from last year was logged in today and saw it! i haven't even used up last years. Awesome thanks guys!

Need Help? Let's chat.