cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help Needed] Let us know about your experience on the Community!

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community,

We’re working on some new and exciting things over here at Public Mobile, and as we continue to explore this new work, we want to make sure that we’re building with our customers in mind. 

In order to help us with this, we’re looking to have engaging and in-depth conversations with Public Mobile customers about their experience using our Community. If you are not a regular user, that’s okay too, as we’d love to get your opinion as to why that is, and how that can be improved. We’ll be giving a 1 GB data bonus to participants to make sure it’s worth your while.

If this sounds interesting to you, sign up before Friday, April 17th by sharing a few details with us in this web form. There will be limited slots available, so we will be in touch with those that are chosen to participate in this interview. Note that chosen candidates will be contacted exclusively via private messaging - so keep an eye on that inbox! 

Here are the details:

What’s in it for you:

• Customers who participate will receive a one-time 1 GB Data Add-On within 30 days of completion. 
  • Opportunity to work directly with the Public Mobile team and help determine the path of our Community. 

Details on how to get involved:

• We are looking for several Public Mobile customers to talk to us about your experience with our Community. 
  • Interviews will be held over the phone the week of April 20th or April 27th, and the time commitment is one hour. 
  • Interviews will be conducted in English
  • Feedback will be collected during the session.
  • We will contact the selected participants via Private Message.

We’re sorry we can’t connect with everyone who’s expressed interest - if you aren’t selected, there will be more opportunities later this spring to get involved in sharing feedback as we share more about our Community enhancement work.

Thanks in advance for your help and we look forward to hearing from you soon,

- The Public Mobile Community Team

89 REPLIES 89

customer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Totally useless! One bit of poor info after another. After 6 days I still don't have an operable phone and there seems to be no way of getting one through Public Mobile. What a useless sham of a 'business'. I will most certainly be letting others know what a terrible experience I have had with you!!

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@customer Woah Woah Woah. Hold up a minuite. We don't even know your problem. Please start a new question on the forum. One of us will help you. And it could have been your fault. Most of the time its the user doing something wrong during the porting process.

customer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would LOVE to tell you what I think of you!! But ... to do so would require a fully functioning phone. I have been waiting for 6 days and STILL cannot get incoming calls. I would gladly forfeit the $$ I have already spent on this worthless company and go elsewhere but I NOW have an issue re porting my number so I am at your mercy. YOU WIN, PUBLIC MOBILE!! You got me and I have NO option. Don't think this is because I like you, it's because of your sleazy business practices that I NOW am hung up with you and can't even go to another carrier since you have messed up porting the number I have had for a lifetime. NOT IMPRESSED!! I guess I have NO way to let you know, since you don't talk to people, but you can bet I WILL let others know how my experience with Public Mobile has been the absolute WORST. SHAME ON YOU!!

@BearFBI  Well yes.....and so I'm trusting them but one should always be aware of the personal information you hand over to someone else....you lose control over it so you should always be aware. I understand @Anonymous  reluctance. I considered it very carefully before deciding to hand mine over as ....soon as I saw the info they were collecting I completely understood his comments about it being to personal for his comfort level.

BearFBI

@darlicious Yeah if your looking at it that way then yes but why would google want to port your number out of PM endless the link was modified to steal that information but the link was from PM themselves. Also an account number is like a password. You would have to give it to someone to steal your account. That could happen though to other people that are not carful. Some people post their Account number on the forums and someone could steal it before a Oracle could have a chance to edit it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI wrote:

@Anonymous Nowadays everything you use online has your information. There is no way to avoid that. Heck they even know our location. Especially google. What are online survey sites going to do with your email phone number and age? Really everybody that signs up for something online has your information. Plus survey sites like those are not run by some dude in his basement. They probably have professional grade servers to run simple surveys.

Depends on how much you can fake it with a new service. But yes if one wasn't careful to start up then they would have it for life. ie. Google.

I'm just not quite so willing to give up information.

eg. dealing with a realtor to buy real estate. They ask for birth date. Well why? Money laundering and source and credit whatever. Fine then. I reluctantly provide it. Then wha'd'ya know they send me birthday greetings on my birthday. Shut up. I didn't really want to give you that piece of information as who knows how well you're protecting it. And then you throw it in my face for a frivolous purpose. I don't care to get a birthday greeting from you.

Anyway...this is running way off topic.

@BearFBI   Well I'm putting my trust in public mobile that their agreement with Google forms is strictly confidential  your email, name, phone number and age are enough for some to start searching for more personal info to access your account....theyre only missing your account number to port out your phone number fraudulently.

BearFBI

@Anonymous Nowadays everything you use online has your information. There is no way to avoid that. Heck they even know our location. Especially google. What are online survey sites going to do with your email phone number and age? Really everybody that signs up for something online has your information. Plus survey sites like those are not run by some dude in his basement. They probably have professional grade servers to run simple surveys.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dnadolny wrote:

@Anonymous Is there a risk to this that I misunderstand? PM already has our phone, email, and name. The only demographic information entered is your age (with ranges). I think being protective of info is important, but I'm having a hard time seeing the risk/invasion of privacy here!

I guess maybe I'm overly paranoid but the form goes through Google first. I'm sure they also have everything on me what with having an Android phone and other Google services but still...

I didn't like other surveys that went through other servers either. cicresearch or some such thing.

dnadolny
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous Is there a risk to this that I misunderstand? PM already has our phone, email, and name. The only demographic information entered is your age (with ranges). I think being protective of info is important, but I'm having a hard time seeing the risk/invasion of privacy here!

@Nezgar  I think the top answer is actually supposed to be:

• Once per day for the next 10 hours

Missing a few options here....

• Multiple times per day
  • Every time I get a notification
  • So often the text has worn off of my F5 key...

webform.png

Sure I am continually giving feedback anyways

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpcdesign 

I would always be delighted to provide my input. But I don't wish to enter information to a Google form. So I won't be involved this time. I never answer demographic type questions on these things.

I think it's great that Public Mobile still wants to hear from us directly. At least we know off, I don't think other providers do this market research or user research group like Public Mobile.

Yes, putting in our two cents in a community forum for the other month ago may have been an eye-opener, and maybe they want to hear more things that are more reflective of each user. 

Sometimes, hearing the other person speak, the marketer can listen to our voice cues or pauses, or actions to pin-point a liked feature or something that is disliked. 

Yes, they may have asked too much information, but the age range is quite wide and they didn't ask us or birthdate, which would be a no-no in my books, but the other questions seem valid enough. 

For those who don't want to be bothered in partaking in this, I am sorry to hear that you don't want to partake in the phone call because I think you all would have input as per the community forums. Hopefully, you may re-consider? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sure why not.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Count me in.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Signed up  😊

I-am-always-ready-willing-and-able.jpg

@darlicious @Works for me; safari on my phone. Login not required. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H Thanks for this opportunity! Signed.

@darlicious LOL, nah your probably the one they want to talk with most, enjoy the free 1G 🙂

@Naepalm  Thanks....hopefully that's not a case of the punishment that keeps on giving! Then again they probably have heard enough of my opinion on the community already!

BearFBI

New and exiting things? I love new and exiting things. I wonder what they could be working on 🤔

Done and dusted. I can spare an hour. 👍

@darlicious wrote:

Is it just me or does the survey link just bring you to the latest topics with this label?

Here is the link my friend : --> HERE

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H wrote:

Hey Community,

We’re working on some new and exciting things over here at Public Mobile, and as we continue to explore this new work, we want to make sure that we’re building with our customers in mind. 

In order to help us with this, we’re looking to have engaging and in-depth conversations with Public Mobile customers about their experience using our Community. If you are not a regular user, that’s okay too, as we’d love to get your opinion as to why that is, and how that can be improved. We’ll be giving a 1 GB data bonus to participants to make sure it’s worth your while.

If this sounds interesting to you, sign up before Friday, April 17th by sharing a few details with us in this web form. There will be limited slots available, so we will be in touch with those that are chosen to participate in this interview. Note that chosen candidates will be contacted exclusively via private messaging - so keep an eye on that inbox! 

Here are the details:

What’s in it for you:

• Customers who participate will receive a one-time 1 GB Data Add-On within 30 days of completion. 
  • Opportunity to work directly with the Public Mobile team and help determine the path of our Community. 

Details on how to get involved:

• We are looking for several Public Mobile customers to talk to us about your experience with our Community. 
  • Interviews will be held over the phone the week of April 20th or April 27th, and the time commitment is one hour. 
  • Interviews will be conducted in English
  • Feedback will be collected during the session.
  • We will contact the selected participants via Private Message.

We’re sorry we can’t connect with everyone who’s expressed interest - if you aren’t selected, there will be more opportunities later this spring to get involved in sharing feedback as we share more about our Community enhancement work.

Thanks in advance for your help and we look forward to hearing from you soon,

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Amazing this is so different from what I am used to with my previous provider! Taking community input is awesome. I am a fresh set of eyes as well since I have not been part of PM for very long. This sounds like fun! Thank you for reaching out to us! 🙂

Naepalm

@darlicious wrote:

Is it just me or does the survey link just bring you to the latest topics with this label?

I get this form:form.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Again?!

Are you not hearing what you want to hear or something?

But...you're asking too much personal info. I'm out.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.