cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help Needed] Let us know about your experience on the Community!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

The Public Mobile team is interested in learning a bit more about how and why you use the Community. We’re hoping to use the results and insights that we gain to determine what improvements we can make and how we can better serve you. 

We’d love to hear your feedback through a short 5-minute survey. We’re looking for responses from any of our Community members: whether you’re a seasoned vet or just joined, we want to hear what you have to say!

If you’re interested in sharing your experience, please check out our survey through the link below by February 17th 2020! 

Click here to access the survey. 

- The Public Mobile Community Team

67 REPLIES 67

Kdhillon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great help from community.  Saves money.  

@Japarkinson wrote:

My phone continues to say no service why is this

@Japarkinson  when did you sign up and did you port from another provider??

Are you sure your phone is unlocked?

If you're sure it's unlocked it might be that the sim did not provision correctly. In this case you will have to contact the moderators for assistance.

Simon.JPG

Or by private message at link below.

CLICK ME 

Japarkinson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone continues to say no service why is this

martinjacob01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will check it out. 

Gwenel

Thanks for the super clear help.  Wanted to set up voice mail.  Am a bit of a techno klutz .  The directions were so easy that I was set up and ready to go in a few minutes.  Am liking this experience.

killerofmusic

I will do. on it.

ckkong

Thank you. He told me that the wifi access is not included in the written agreement. We are in Ontario, so for us its the LTB (Landlord Tenant Board). He is actually dealing with this matter now. Legal procedures are being taken into action and next step is to get the case settled by the board.

@darlicious wrote:

@ckkong  You can always pm me or we can discuss it in the lounge. I have a lot of experience with the rtb in bc. The legislation varies per province but the spirit of it is the same. So it will depend on where you are...but I can definetly give some advice that your friend could then narrow down with the provincial laws.

Gwenel

Love it, still finding my way around.  Happy to be here.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Done!

Would we find out about the results of the survey too? 

@harpreet22 wrote:

some Mistake i paid payemnt twice please reslove my problem

You should have started a new thread, which would likely be seen by more people.

As for a double payment, you might think about leaving that amount on your account, to pay for your next 30 day plan renewal, since, from what I've read, it takes quite a while for you to get a refund around here.

If, however, you need a refund, you'll need to contact the Moderator team, by doing this:

To contact a Moderator, click on the question mark icon in the bottom, right corner of the screen, and follow the prompts.

1.) Click on Chat with SIMon, and on the line, "Ask me something", type "moderator"

2.) Click on "account specific question", and then click on "no, I want a human"

3.) When you see an answer, "submit a ticket Click me!", do the obvious.

Once you've submitted a ticket, occasionally check on your private message envelope icon, near the top of the screen, and when there's a number showing, you've received a reply.

harpreet22

some Mistake i paid payemnt twice please reslove my problem

@ckkong  You can always pm me or we can discuss it in the lounge. I have a lot of experience with the rtb in bc. The legislation varies per province but the spirit of it is the same. So it will depend on where you are...but I can definetly give some advice that your friend could then narrow down with the provincial laws.

ckkong

Thank you. I thought that it is illegal, but I have to see what my friend says if that was included in the agreement. If it is verbal that they did offer it, does that count? The landlady did give him the access when he first moved in, but after time she didn't want him to use it anymore and changed the password and refused to give him the access. She actually also has done other things not related to the wifi, but since its not related to phone plans I should not mention it.

@derek250755  Strange somebody else had this issue yesterday. Have you recently activated? Port your number in? Your number may not have been provisioned correctly.

First try putting your phone in airplane mode for 10 minutes. Remove airplane mode. Test by having a friend call you. This will allow your phone to disconnect and reconnect to the network resetting what could be just a bad connection. But if youre new customer you may want to have a moderator look into your account.

You can contact them by clicking on the (?) at the bottom right corner of the screen and submit a ticket via simon explaining your issue. Type human, then account specific issue and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

@ckkong  In regards to your friend....if internet is included is written into the rental agreement then the landlord cannot legally with hold the service unless for reasons beyond their control. If thats the case your friend would have to be compensated for the loss of service. Retroactively...and going forward reduce the monthly rent proportional to the loss of service.

ckkong

Wow, that is more than enough for somebody who is using unlmited wifi at home. Yes, its definitely worth it for people traveling or who don't have wifi at home to use. I have a friend who had to rely on the Public Mobile network in order to have Internet access since the people at the place decided to change the password and refuse access. It was originally included in the rent. I remember people saying that owners can give you whatever they want, but I am think that it is actually going against the LTB law. Its different if it was not offered when the person moves in, but it was originally part of the agreement.

derek250755

People who have called me keep getting a message that says that this number is not assigned how do I fix this issue 

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I guess aslong as questions are answered 

dboxtvinfo715

🌟 

dboxtvinfo715

I added wrong month and something. Went wrong message so I quit

veev

@Jessicawu1999  I was with Rogers for 20+ years.  I tried Freedom Mobile for 4 months after Rogers, but not satisfy.  Now, I am so happy with PM.  

Keep up the good work, PM!!!

Jessicawu1999

Hello,

I was initially with Rogers for 3 years. I was so damm pissed off with them until I fell in a PM ad. I was kinda skeptical for the prices and offers, especially the $2 discount when signed up with autopay.

Anyhow, I signed for PM after hesitating for 3 weeks. After my subscription to PM, on my second payment I noticed that the $2 discount was not applied. I found ways to contact someone until I can read out to Mods. My issue got fixed at the end. 

Being a client for a year, I am so satisfied with PM. Everything on time and when there's problems, they will get fixed. My father was initially so skeptical about this "unknown" telecommunication service until he asked me to help him sign up for PM as Fido was charging him expensive plans for little service after 20 years witg them. Recently, my father was happy to have used PM free international call minutes gifts and the data with his plan.

Conclusion: Keep up the good work :).

veev

Just did...excellent job!  Much appreciated!

I am also enjoying the community  as well as the phone plans and rewards. 

Thank you PM!!!

JackieHovan

You got that right! I changed from Telus the day my contract was over, 20 years of paying outrageous prices.

I am enjoying  the community  as well as the phone plans and rewards. 

Thank you PM!

DoneWithRogers

Im very impressed by the ease-of-transition (former Rogers subscriber since 2015) and have noticed no difference in connection quality or service. Im overjoyed but at the same time dissapointed I had not made the switch sooner. 

I see calling/texting as a barebones requirement for work/school/family and nothing more - Why pay a premium when you can save with Public?

JackieHovan

The community is great! I have a little bit of trouble navigating but I am learning. 

The help is great, love the questions and answers. I never used the phone sevice when I was with telus so I had no problems thinking it would make much a difference. People are fantastic  here and they reply quickly.  The community  makes it personal. Thank you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Obice wrote:

@ckkong  It is 100% that. Man LOL

Contracts to lock a person into paying for something that is sold way beyond what it's worth so that you're in debt, carrying around a device designed to act like your companion but really isn't and you might even get stressed out with the thing should it malfunction.

You know, in India, you can get plans that provide enough minutes (250-500), unlimited texting AND 40GB of data? That's right, not 4GB, not 12GB (as they sometimes showcase for $100+/mo)... 40GB of data... That may not be unlimited but it sure as h*ll would last a person much longer than the garbage we get here in North America.

And yet here we are. Would we want to live there just for cheap cell service? So we vote with our wallets and come to a cheaper provider with few to no frills and save our money and do our own repairs and spend way more time than it's worth here answering questions to get a few pennies to help pay for said cheap service.

But y'know...people like the latest greatest and get into the craze of it to have it. And so they spend their own hard earned money doing what they want with their money. You make your choices. Neither is wrong.

Obice

@ckkong  It is 100% that. Man LOL

Contracts to lock a person into paying for something that is sold way beyond what it's worth so that you're in debt, carrying around a device designed to act like your companion but really isn't and you might even get stressed out with the thing should it malfunction.

You know, in India, you can get plans that provide enough minutes (250-500), unlimited texting AND 40GB of data? That's right, not 4GB, not 12GB (as they sometimes showcase for $100+/mo)... 40GB of data... That may not be unlimited but it sure as h*ll would last a person much longer than the garbage we get here in North America.

ckkong

I also think the idea of phone companies requiring people to be on a contract is just a way of keeping people to use their services. A lot of times it seems that the cost isn't worth it even though there are options for prepaid phones, but its still better to have a plan that is a non-contract and lets you choose what phone you want to use. Its true if I want a better phone, but it costs too much I won't want to pay full price or a tab towards getting it. I prefer to wait for the price to drop to an affordable cost before considering to purchase a new phone. 

Obice

@CannonFodder 

It is on the vast majority of websites because companies don't care, don't want to be liable because what businessman wants to sell something and be liable for it when it fails? Not a smart one, that's for sure.

I fixed my phone for a few reasons.

1) I seriously do not want to buy a new phone. I have one, it works fine, it needed a new battery, I gave it one despite the unnecessary struggle. I ain't about to buy a new phone because a company says I should. I will if I so choose.

2) I want to keep the device to be able to say I kept a device (I have a long history of buying and selling). Since I intend to keep it I may as well treat it to a new life.

3) I did in part repair the device as a "virtual" middle finger to Apple. They need to know that their anti-practices won't fly with everyone and they sure do not have me fooled in any regard. I bought the item, I should be allowed to do whatever I want with it even if that means throwing it into a toilet and flushing it down the drain; regardless of if it's a "waste of money" it's my possession and we should have power over our own things. If Cook has a mansion and he doesn't want anyone in it, he has that decision because it's his possession. I have no right or grant to enter his mansion without his say-so. Well he has no right or grant to tell me I cannot replace the battery in a phone I bought because it is my possession.

@ckkong 

I think when a person is put on hold it's not always that the worker is busy. The worker has scripts and they may be catching up on that or just making you think they are doing something "important" to pass the time or to get other things done, related or not.

The CRA and Service Canada are government... Need I say anymore?

Need Help? Let's chat.