cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 6 GB at 3G speeds for $45!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of November 20, 2018: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

As a competitive response, effective October 24th, 2018 we are bringing back our 6GB at 3G speed for $45 plan for a limited time only.

Plan details:

$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 6 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$45 for 6 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our Self-Serve Account Management help article here.  

What happens if the “$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you choose to change your plan to “$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to the “$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed” plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

72 REPLIES 72

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:
This service is the only one I know that has a completely broken password reset. 

Only for those usernames that start with stone. 🙂 It worked fine for me just a couple days ago.

Password reset/change seems to work if you are already logged into your account and want to change it.

If you have forgotton your password your, the link or process to reset it seems to have failed. 

It will come and go.  

Good its back though! Smiley Happy

Get them while they are here when competitions have similar plans.

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:
This service is the only one I know that has a completely broken password reset. 

Only for those usernames that start with stone. 🙂 It worked fine for me just a couple days ago.

Worked for me just now as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

I have to agree with @ShawnC13, making the other respond to Public Mobile is the course I would also like to see.

However, saying this, STOP the response, FIX the ongoing issues that prevent customers from using a fully self-serve website.  I can't recommend people to come here, because I'll be blamed for their lack of service *IF* things go wrong.  STOP forcing me to tell others to go elsewhere.

I think we have had this discussion several times in the past.  As a business, you cannot really stop selling so that you can fix your infrastructure.  It is the growth and ongoing viability of the service that gives the business a raison d'etre to invest resources to keep the infrastructure in good working order.  These are not mutually exclusive activities, but rather complementary.  This service is the only one I know that has a completely broken password reset. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I'm just glad that competive responces are not match the calling zones. 🙂

Great to see PM be  competitive, it would be better to be  innovative. 

It would be interesting to see the responces to:

1) a lower data promotion

2)  properly functioning selfserve site

3) a mod reply time to be back to a couple hours.

I have to agree with @ShawnC13, making the other respond to Public Mobile is the course I would also like to see.

However, saying this, STOP the response, FIX the ongoing issues that prevent customers from using a fully self-serve website.  I can't recommend people to come here, because I'll be blamed for their lack of service *IF* things go wrong.  STOP forcing me to tell others to go elsewhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sigh.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman wrote:

Good news for people wanting more data plan.  Public Mobile should just make this a regular plan, instead of limited time only.  Since the "competition" is having this similar plan most of the time recently anyways.  

As stated before, how about deals on lower data plans?

I agree with @Dunkman I have seen a few others who are looking for better deals on lower data plans. Not everyone needs so much data. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Competitive responses are ok it means we are getting offered what others are offering but I would really like to go back to when PM was the innovator or disruptor in the market.  Make the competition react to what you do and be a market leader not wait for what they are doing and react to it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Good news for people wanting more data plan.  Public Mobile should just make this a regular plan, instead of limited time only.  Since the "competition" is having this similar plan most of the time recently anyways.  

As stated before, how about deals on lower data plans?

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is this the same plan they just made an announcement was ending? Along with the $40/4.5 GB Plan?

Is this a normal practice where they remove it for a week or two and bring it back? or are these plans really their most popular?

Why not just make it a standard plan Less for Less?

Need Help? Let's chat.