cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of April 23, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting March 13, 2019, the $30 for 500 MB Data at 3G speed plan will now be available for $25 per 30 days - for full plan details, check it out below:

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail and Call Display
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

I’m already on the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text. Do I need to do anything to get my rate plan to $25/month?

The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I chose to switch to the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text on my next renewal date. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

If you had requested to change your plan before this new pricing was announced, you will continue to pay $30 per 30 days. The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

397 REPLIES 397

@SD08  + @computergeek541 

meh I prefer they say its a month / week etc long promo and activate by the Xth day or else

You guys have some rank, go rough em up and get back to me Cat LOL

sebby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Dunkman,

I think I am on the 4G/LTE network, how can I check?

@kav2001c wrote:

How long is offer for?

When do clients need to activate by?

As of now, there is no set expiry date.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c wrote:

How long is offer for?

This offer is ongoing. No end date specified.

@sebby wrote:

I currently have the plan below.  I think it is a clear that I should move to the new plan for $25 dollars but I feel I am missing something.  For instance  if I go to Montreal and make a phone call or receive a phone call am I charged extra because I am outside of Toronto  (roaming)

Below is my current plan;

Screenshot 2019-03-13 at 9.57.10 PM.png

Travelling from city to city is not what roaming is.  Roaming happens when you connect to another carrier's network.  Public Mobile doesn't allow customers to roam, nor is there any reason to.  Also, Public Mobile never charges per phone call or any other type of pay-per-use charges.  Something either has to be included in your plan already, or you need to subscribed to a one-time add-on package that takes care of the that type of usage.  If you that isn't the case, that type of usage just won't work.

As for long distance, this $25 plan (the new $25 plan with data) includes Canada-wide calling.  Calling any Canadian number is included anywhere in Canada (any time you are connected to the Public Mobile network).  You can also receieve any calls.

How long is offer for?

sunflowershine

It is quite nice with a GB of data. $20 for phone plan and $10 for 1 GB data. I will think about it for sure.

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

switched my plan just now! Thank you 🙂 

@sebby 

You will not be charged extra.  This plan includes Canada wide calling for any calls within Canada to other Canada locations.  

Is your original plan 4G/LTE?  Otherwise, that might be the major difference besides the price.  

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@NDesai wrote:

Perfect plan for low data users! You will not find any cheaper than this....

1gb of data goes a long way unless of course you want to use it to watch movies.

sebby

I currently have the plan below.  I think it is a clear that I should move to the new plan for $25 dollars but I feel I am missing something.  For instance  if I go to Montreal and make a phone call or receive a phone call am I charged extra because I am outside of Toronto  (roaming)

Below is my current plan;

Screenshot 2019-03-13 at 9.57.10 PM.png

coffee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think she did. If not I'll text her to do so.

Milk

I'm here. Man WinkLOL. - We all need a bit of comic relief sometimes - Yes we do have three seperate accounts held by three diferent persons . Yes two of the persons that surf this forum are young 12 and 9 years old and realy cause no harm. Since I feel that their forum surfing is frowned upon -- would someone please tell me how I can terminate their accounts on this forum but still keep their PM Cell accounts.

Pizzaeh

@coffee@BEER ....all we need now is for @Milk to chime in and we're all set! 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Alan_K, this is a great offer for a lot of people.  $23 for unlimited Canada wide calling international texting and 1GB wow!!

1. Yes it is a great offer but just perhaps not well thought out and may be misconstrued as instability-and bad timing--- because it may leave a bitter feeling to new users that just signed up for exactly the same plan for $30/month. --------------But perhaps it just leaves a bitter feeling in just my mouth because just a few days ago I signed up fot the same features for $30/month. I suspect that this Alan person will terminate my account so until then would like to express my full hearted thanks to all the Oracles, moderators and other members for their friendly help and solutions to my  questions. 

Pizzaeh

@seirin wrote:

Someone in the posts mentioned earlier you can post date the plan change to a future date to keep both promotions (finish off the $10/month and change to $25 current promo after)

Future dating the plan change means instead of initiating the plan change right away, they are shceduling it to occur on their next renewal date.  As long as he (@coffee ) logs in and schedules the plan change while it's being offered, he will get that price upon the next renewal date.

seirin

Someone in the posts mentioned earlier you can post date the plan change to a future date to keep both promotions (finish off the $10/month and change to $25 current promo after)

seirin

You can change to the new plan after your month is over. The plan is for new and existing members. 

Psygineer

@coffee wrote:

Now ---now I think many would agree that it a great new deal but really also very inconsiderate to present plan holders. Just a few days ago I signed up for the identical plan but for $30/month.

And I renewed on my $30 plan 2 weeks ago? I'm not sure how offering everyone (on the old $30 plan), including you, a discount on their future payments is inconsiderate. Just go to your account and tell it you want to switch to this new offer at the time of your next renewal. I am quite happy they are being considerate to existing customers and not making it for new subs only.

Pizzaeh

@judal wrote:

If I switch to this plan will I lose my monthly rewards as they are on my previous plan?

As long as you meet the requirements to earn those rewards, you willl continue to earn them.  The same with the credits, as long as you meet the requirements for the promotion credits (eg. $10 credit for 6 months, for plans at $30 or more) you will get the credits.

coffee

Now ---now I think many would agree that it a great new deal but really also very inconsiderate to present plan holders. Just a few days ago I signed up for the identical plan but for $30/month.

judal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I switch to this plan will I lose my monthly rewards as they are on my previous plan?

yanghao941le

Perfect plan for low data users! You will not find any cheaper than this....

PublicMobile12

This is perfect plan! With 1GB data you should be able to do many things. You will not find any cheaper than this....

tamzid1999

[Deleted]

srlawren

@computergeek541 wrote:

People seem to be really impressed by this plan.  It's be interesting to see if this ends up being more popular than Fall Promo.

@computergeek541 I'm sure there's some overlap, but the two are aimed at different markets.

The 2016 Fall Promo was better suited to medium-to-sorta-heavy data users.  Others like @stonechucker for example may have gravitated to it simply because it offered very good value compared to other plans available at the time, from PM and elsewhere, even though it may have been more (sometimes much more) data than they needed.

This new plan is aimed more toward budget-conscious people that are pretty light data users but also need plenty of (aka unlimited) nation-wide calling and international texting.  I guess there could be people like I mentioned that took the 2016 Fall Promo plan but have never/rarely ever used most of the data and would like to save some $15/30 days.  That's the overlap.  I guess the question is, how big is that overlap? 

But yes....this should prove to be very popular!

I'm thinking about moving my mother over from Fido finally.  I'm (it's in my name and I pay the bill--I'm a good son haha) paying $40/month currently for BYOD plan that gives her 500 nationwide mins (unlimited evenings and weekends), unlimited texting (might be limited to Canada but she's not very global!), and 500MB of data.  It's been plenty for her for years (she also still has a home phone with unlimited nation-wide, which she uses for her long marathon calls with various family and friends out of town), other than 1 month she got close to her mins and did go over her data, but it only cost me $7.  She was visiting family in Ontario for a good chunk of that month and didn't think to connect to their WiFi networks and so on.  She doesn't need itnernational roaming, she doesn't need VoLTE or VoWiFi, she currently has RCS with Fido but wouldn't miss it since most of her SMS contacts don't have it.  She'd be a pretty good candidate, I think.  Oh and of course she has me to manage the account and such.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

People seem to be really impressed by this plan.  It's be interesting to see if this ends up being more popular than Fall Promo.

Psygineer

@smp99 wrote:

So with this 'new' plan at $25 it really brings into question the value of:

$20 unl ProvWide Talk only

$25 unl ProvWide Talk&text plans

They should drop the $25 plan to $20 and make it CdaWide talk & text

Drop the provWide talk only to $15 and possibly make that CdaWide as well.

Otherwise those plans at their current state are fairly weak. 

I'd definately be receptive to that. My folks are currently on the Province Wide $20 plan. If the $25 dataless plan became $20 I would switch them to that without a second thought as then I would be able to text them besides just call. I'd like to get them away from being Province locked because I travel for work, but they have no use for data or texting so it isn't worth upping them to one of the current Canada wides. If their current plan became $15 that would be nice too, but in all honesty, I think the current $20 Province Wide calling only plan just needs to retire rather than be reduced further.

Psygineer

Swapping plans again for me! I was on the $30 for 500 MB, Unlimited Canada Call/Text, then uped that to 1 GB for no extra charge, and now I get all that and an extra $5 in my pocket, sold!

srlawren

@smp99 wrote:

Somebody at RFD grabbed a screenshot of a new PM plan that looks to have been taken down

$15

100 mins CdaWide

Unl text

250MB Data

So maybe they are getting ready to match Chatr

@smp99  and/or listening to the community which has complained about the 50 outbound text limit and no avaialable texting add-ons with the $10 plan.  Either way, this is another great step forward.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.