cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay bonus at 3G speed for $25!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of April 23, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting March 13, 2019, the $30 for 500 MB Data at 3G speed plan will now be available for $25 per 30 days - for full plan details, check it out below:

Plan details:

• 30-day plan
  • 500 MB Data at 3G speed
  • +Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail and Call Display
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to Get This Offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

I’m already on the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text. Do I need to do anything to get my rate plan to $25/month?

The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

I chose to switch to the $30 500 MB 3G Data plan with Unlimited Talk & Text on my next renewal date. Will my plan’s price automatically change?

If you had requested to change your plan before this new pricing was announced, you will continue to pay $30 per 30 days. The plan price will not update automatically. To take advantage of the new price, you will need to follow the instructions outlined above in “How to get this offer” and read the “Current customer” section.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

397 REPLIES 397

domptg
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@smp99 I think the same the unlt provincial talk and text should get lower price of $15 

smp99

Somebody at RFD grabbed a screenshot of a new PM plan that looks to have been taken down

$15

100 mins CdaWide

Unl text

250MB Data

So maybe they are getting ready to match Chatr

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

good plan to have.

smp99

So with this 'new' plan at $25 it really brings into question the value of:

$20 unl ProvWide Talk only

$25 unl ProvWide Talk&text plans

They should drop the $25 plan to $20 and make it CdaWide talk & text

Drop the provWide talk only to $15 and possibly make that CdaWide as well.

Otherwise those plans at their current state are fairly weak. 

Pizzaeh

@Lieux wrote:

@Pizzaeh Disappeared because too much edits??

Not really sure, could be.

Note to self, copy your replies if they're longer than one sentence.  

@Pizzaeh Disappeared because too much edits??

Pizzaeh

@ryanmi wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

So to test it out, I need to set up a new number and try it for couple days and then  port the old number in to replace it, right?

And how should I port the number properly?

Arrrgh, my posts keep disappearing...

Yes, once you have a new Public Mobile SIM card, go to the following URL...

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Follow the instructions and fill out the form.  Note, it is here where you'll need to enter the referrer's Public Mobile phone number for the $25 referral, so make sure you have that handy.

Choose a new Public Mobile number and test out all the features in your area/location.  Once you've confirmed everything works for you, you can port in your Fido number.  Log in, and click on the Plans and Add-Ons tab, then click on the Change Phone Number tab.  Select 

Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.  

If you need help during the process, post here.  Lots of users ready to help.

@ryanmi wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

So to test it out, I need to set up a new number and try it for couple days and then  port the old number in to replace it, right?

You can do it by yourself in your self serve account.. tab Plan/add-ons and on change my number..

ryanmi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the reply.

Pizzaeh

@ryanmi wrote:

Hi,

Great plan!

Just got 2 questions.

1, I want to port my number from Fido. Can I do it myself online here: https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

2, I have an old sim card that has been used before, can I use it or I have to order a new one?

Thanks!

Ryan

Actually, whether it's prepaid or postpaid, doesn't matter, since it's not a Koodo prepaid line.  So porting should be fine.

Is the Fido line prepaid or postpaid? 

Most people suggest to activate the Public Mobile line first, test it out, then do the port once you've confirmed everything works as expected.  When you're ready to port in your Fido number, you can do it online yourself.  While doing that, you can always ask here in this forum for "real-time" user friendly support. ;O)

No, used SIM cards cannot be used; try to get one before March 18th, since that is the last day for the $25 referrals ($25 each for you and your referrer).

ryanmi

Hi,

Great plan!

Just got 2 questions.

1, I want to port my number from Fido. Can I do it myself online here: https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

2, I have an old sim card that has been used before, can I use it or I have to order a new one?

Thanks!

Ryan

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kovaelin wrote:

What are the chances that PM will let us know how long this offer will be on the table for? Are there advance notices before price changes, or are they always sudden?

Looks pretty permanent, as there's no 'limited time offer' attached to it on the Plans page, but again, things change all the time.

denis2

Whoo Hooo,

I can't beleive Bell wanted to up my fee from $30.00 to $35.00 no data included AND PM reduces it by $5.00 from $30.00 to $25.00 with 1G of Data,, 

Thank you PM

smp99

Very good

I have already texted a number of people I know on the $30 plan and the $25 talk&text plan. They all thank you too!

Kovaelin

Thanks for the answers!

Pizzaeh

@mimmo wrote:

@Pizzaeh  Public Mobile usually gives some notice when they plan to discontinue special offers.  i think it is usually a couple days.   

If you are worried then futuredate the plan, then  the day before renewal if plan still is available cancel the plan change.  and repeat as nessisary. 

@mimmo Thanks!  

@Kovaelin, I've lead you astray.  We'll get a few days notice, so be on your toes, as will I.  As Alfred E. Newman said...

Image result for alfred e neuman what me worry meme

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great deal.  Smiley Happy 

Keep coming with those offers, PM.   (Hint:  as mentioned a $15 plan would be nice.)

mimmo

@Pizzaeh  Public Mobile usually gives some notice when they plan to discontinue special offers.  i think it is usually a couple days.   

If you are worried then futuredate the plan, then  the day before renewal if plan still is available cancel the plan change.  and repeat as nessisary. 

Pizzaeh

@Kovaelin wrote:

What are the chances that PM will let us know how long this offer will be on the table for? Are there advance notices before price changes, or are they always sudden?

Zilch.  We'll get a few days notice before the special offer is pulled/changed.

What I'm planning to do is renew for the $30 plan at the end of March, then in early April schedule a plan change for the end of April to lock in this special plan price.  

Metal1967

@Kovaelin 

The +500 has been around for quite awhile...things change cant tell when...###edit..the 25$ deal is new..but the +500 deals have been around for sometime...

Kovaelin

Pizzaeh

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

What happens if I future date a plan change, but by the time the renewal date rolls around that special offer plan is no longer available.  Will the 'special offer plan' still be applied? 

The plan change would still be honoured.

Thanks @computergeek541!   Will keep my plan at or above the $30 mark for now, then future date a plan change to this plan for the April renewal date.  

@Pizzaeh, when you future date your plan change, you will get the special offer, whether it is still available or not.  It is locked-in, until you get it, or cancel the plan change.

@Pizzaeh wrote:

What happens if I future date a plan change, but by the time the renewal date rolls around that special offer plan is no longer available.  Will the 'special offer plan' still be applied? 

The plan change would still be honoured.

Pizzaeh

SkimGuy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's actually very good for low data plans. $23 with autopay is approaching pay as you go prices with add on data!

mimmo

Do not move until the 10 promos are finished. If you change to this plan you will lose it.

If/when this offer expires you will then need to decide to change or not. 

@saje_ward wrote:

@popping wrote:

Will the subscribers who activated the $30 plan with $10/cycle continue to get get the credit after plan change to $25?

My answer is no as it does not meet the promo requirement anymore.  Although the plan features are the same, but the plan price is no longer $30 or more.

I have the exact same question. My teen is currently getting the $10/m savings and we signed him up December 31. I am not moving until I get confirmation. If the savings doesn't translate to the lower plan (and since it is not a $30 plan, it would make sense that they don't), I will wait to move him.

The terms clearly state you need to be on a $30 or+ plan. If you switch to a $25 plan you don't keep the promotion.

IMO every existing customer on the $30 plan who gets $10 monthly promotion should future date.

You save $10 for 5 more months (works out to only $25 extra if you do the math)

OR

You save $5 possibly forever.

At most with a futuredated change this means you still could get 5 more $10 credits, at the same time you would be getting $5 off the pla for equal months

So at MOST you could save is $25 by keeping your $10 promotion

This is a *SPECIAL OFFER* which may not be available later.

saje_ward

@popping wrote:

Will the subscribers who activated the $30 plan with $10/cycle continue to get get the credit after plan change to $25?

My answer is no as it does not meet the promo requirement anymore.  Although the plan features are the same, but the plan price is no longer $30 or more.

I have the exact same question. My teen is currently getting the $10/m savings and we signed him up December 31. I am not moving until I get confirmation. If the savings doesn't translate to the lower plan (and since it is not a $30 plan, it would make sense that they don't), I will wait to move him.

popping

Need Help? Let's chat.