cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 4.5 GB at 3G speeds for $40!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of October 16, 2018: This offer is now expired.

Hey Community,

Effective July 18th, 2018 as a competitive response, we are bringing back our 4.5 GB at 3G speed for $40 plan for a limited time only!

Plan details:

$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

310 REPLIES 310

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wdosramos, unless Walmart has their own promotion, the Public Mobile 4.5G (3G) $40 plan includes Canada wide calling, Intl texting & 4.5G of data.  It does not include calls to the US.  You could upgrade to a plan that includes unlimited calls to the US, but I think it is $50.  However, there is another promotional plan at $50 that includes US calling AND 8GB of data (3G).  If you would like to switch, you might be able to do so by contacting the moderator team, and explaining what happened.  It is likely that they would let you switch and only pay the difference (not lose what you have already paid).  If you want to do that ...

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Alternatively, you can go back to Walmart and see what they say.  But I don't know if they can do much.

Wdosramos
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I just joing to publicmobile today at Walmart. They sold me this plan saying I will be able to make unlimited calls to U.S.A. I am trying to make call to my family in USA but it have been impossible until now. What should I do? Did they scam me?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Suchee wrote:

Could be this?

Q: I just activated on a plan that includes data or changed to a plan with different data speed, when does the change take effect?

A: If you activated on a plan that includes data, it could take up to 48 hours until you experience 3G speeds. Similarly, if you change your data speed from 3G to 4G LTE or vice versa, the same delay may occur.

From here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

@Suchee I'm not sure I understand your question?  If you're asking if it really takes up to approx 72 hours for the speed limit to be either applied (when signing up to a new service on a "3G" speed plan, or changing plans from a regular full-speed plan to "3G" speed) ore removed (when changing from a "3G" speed plan to a full-speed plan), then yes the is it could be and it is how it works.  You will not see the speed change until approx 72 hours later.  It may be a little sooner, it may be a little later, but this is approximately when you should expect it.

Did I understand your question and answer it adequately?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

PMMawn

awesome! Thank you very much for the help

@PMMawn

Picture messaging is included in this plan.  The good thing about Public Mobile is that since it is prepaid, you will be not charged anything extra.  

PMMawn

Hi,

I see that it is only unlimited canada wide talk, international text and picture messaging. Does this mean that I will get charged if I send a picture message to a canadian number? 

Souky123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

they just need unlimited all they need to do is like the USA start at lte and throatle done to there slower speeds 2g 3g etc if there worried  the worl is all about DATA

Souky123

we just need more data like unlimited  they can do it  they did the talking plans

Souky123

shouldnt have to worry when it come to data should be unlimited just the the big boys in USA

Turn off data when WiFi available, download media files to use when no WiFi available.

Stream lower quality when using cellular data, rather than top quality.

Souky123

Not sure what you mean explain in details

@Souky123, no we don’t.  We need subscribers who know how to use, and conserve small amounts of data wisely.

Souky123

Now we need unlimited data plans. 

melaniemorneau

I just registered with Public Mobile and got this awesome deal!! I was with Rogers and I am happy to save  money now here. I will see if there is a huge difference between LTE and 3G and will update my post 🙂 

Thank you Public Mobile!

Jtjj1985
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Cool good to know ....if i start having issues i will look at moving back to LTE .....thank u for the info @choding

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jtjj1985 wrote:

@choding wrote:

I have used both of them, now I am on Koodo.

3g is slow, but it is ok you can't play game.

I recommand you should keep lte plan. it is better.

Also you shoud move Koodo as you have promotion code.

way better.

@choding im sure you are correct..... I only play candy crush, surf the web, stream music videos and movies on my data but I dont play many games (and i use wifi any time i can)..so  if u r not playing alot of games on ur data plan does the speed matter as much? Im not sure but thought u might know.

Speed matters a lot to you if you are watching videos and movies. Online games require good latency and reliability, and less so speed.

Jtjj1985

@choding wrote:

way better.

@choding im sure you are correct..... I only play candy crush, surf the web, stream music videos and movies on my data but I dont play many games (and i use wifi any time i can)..so  if u r not playing alot of games on ur data plan does the speed matter as much? Im not sure but thought u might know.

choding

way better.

Jtjj1985

This is a great plan.....i kept going over my 2G of data and switched to this plan.....i never go over my data now and i dont really notice any difference in my internet speed or anything, going from LTE to 3G.   Thanks PM for another great package/deal!!!!!

Suchee

Could be this?

Q: I just activated on a plan that includes data or changed to a plan with different data speed, when does the change take effect?

A: If you activated on a plan that includes data, it could take up to 48 hours until you experience 3G speeds. Similarly, if you change your data speed from 3G to 4G LTE or vice versa, the same delay may occur.

From here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

Souky123

You need to go to your apn setting on your phone. Settings. Network

Kellyng

I just changed my phone plan and I topped up my account ($40) for this deal. But why is my internet / data not working or loading at all? 

srlawren

@naliya7 are you looking for a phone device?  or phone service?  Public Mobile only provides the service, they do NOT sell any hardware/phones/devices of any kind.  That promotional offering you saw is for the service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Souky123

where are you located?

naliya7

maybe i didn't explain myself....and im sorry...its a phone that I need and urgently....please help....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@naliya7 wrote:

on your site you have re; get a 4.5 GB at 3G speeds for 40. that's where I got the information...I got an email  from the community to get in touch with 611....I couldn't reach anyone..please verify........advise............

I'm not sure what to say. To expand the information of where you're saying you got it...it's a promotional plan offering for customers to ...Get 4.5 gigabytes of internet data transmission at throttled 3G-ish speeds for 40 dollars.

You first asked about phones saying your phone had broken. I replied with the fact that there are no phones sold here.

Are you looking to get the promotional plan or a phone?

mimmo

@naliya7 there are no call centers. Nnno one to talk to. Only short through forum and public mobile employees through private messages.  What exactly do you need help with?

Basically you can go to Walmart/wow/mobile/ London drugs and  activate a sim and get the plan you want.  

naliya7

on your site you have re; get a 4.5 GB at 3G speeds for 40. that's where I got the information...I got an email  from the community to get in touch with 611....I couldn't reach anyone..please verify........advise............

Anonymous
Not applicable

@naliya7 wrote:

Where do I get the 4.5 phone for 40.00 I tried today for 611 no option says to buy this phone.........please clarify............my phone broke into pieces ...it works...but all broken...........

Public Mobile doesn't sell phones. I'm not sure how you got from GB to phones but no phones here.

naliya7

Where do I get the 4.5 phone for 40.00 I tried today for 611 no option says to buy this phone.........please clarify............my phone broke into pieces ...it works...but all broken...........

Need Help? Let's chat.