cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get 4.5 GB at 3G speeds for $40!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of October 16, 2018: This offer is now expired.

Hey Community,

Effective July 18th, 2018 as a competitive response, we are bringing back our 4.5 GB at 3G speed for $40 plan for a limited time only!

Plan details:

$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

• 30-day plan
  • 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • New and current customers are eligible

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$40 for 4.5 GB of data at 3G speed”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

310 REPLIES 310

justinbeaudoin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi all:

For the benefit of those reading today, new plans similar to the recently advertised ones here were announced today.

Extra 500mb for the $45 plan for instance...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-6-GB-at-3G-speeds-for-45-OR-Get-8-G...

Souky123

@Souky123

You will need to contact moderator to change plans.  It will take 1-2 days to respond. 

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

(Do not send multiple messages to moderator. That slows your response time significantly)

Or just send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

(include your phone number, account number and PIN)

Souky123

Made a mistake with the plan when i signed up. How to i correct this?

jclaydon2018

@sonyatan

Reponses can average up to 48hours, and can take longer during promotional periods.  However this is a SELF-SERVICE company, and it is clearly advertised that way.  That's how they can afford to offer cheaper cell service and data plans than the 'big 3' companies.  Of course cell service in Canada is more expensive in the first place, so there isn't much to be done about that.  If you are running a business that requires prompt customer service and support, then this probably isn't the best network for your needs.

As people keep saying, reasearch before you sign up is key.

good luck

-James

@sonyatan

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Unfortunately, the wait times for moderator response has been at least 1-2 days due to heavy demand.  

As stated above, you cannot change plans unless your plan is active.  You can wait for moderator, but it will take 1-2 days.  If you need service ASAP, you can activate your account via self service account to your present plan or dialing 611.  Need to manually load up the fund up to the amount of your original plan.  Pay either by credit card or vouchers.  Then once you have positive balance, your original plan will become active.  You can set a plan change at the next renewal if needed or contact moderator for possibly switch plans (YMMV).  

You can switch your plan yourself - you just have to do it while it's not expired.

Just like porting a number into a new service - The plan needs to be active.

You can't do anything, if the account isn't active, other than paying to make it active.  Once you do that, schedule a future dated plan change.

sonyatan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Getting responses from a moderator is an absolutely a joke!! Ive been waiting over 3hrs to get my plan activated and this is affecting my work day!!! absolutely feed up!! @CS_Agent be a real company and have proper customer service or atleast allow us to switch our plans ourselves and ensure your website is working properly.

If you're seeing the $45 version, that's based on the plan builder.  To get the deal, you'll need to use the premade plan at the top of the list of premade plans.

Just because there's a promo on, Public Mobile doesn't need to let you know you could get your plan cheaper.  I think they should do as a matter of good customer service - but there's no requirement for it.

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had the same problem when I changed for the cheaper 3g plan for the same data. I had to contact the moderators and they were able to fix it. Just make sure to send them a personal message so they can assist you with your phone number, name and pin. 

themindfulgirl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan just renewed and I have the same issue again.

The price is listed at $45 when it should be $40 for the promotion. Am I the only one having this problem? @CS_Agent

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 12.07.02 PM.png

mandeep06

Last night, got changed my plan from 2.5 to 4.5 GB data at $40 for 30 days.

Amazing deal!

Thank you.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @sonyatan,

I just sent a message to you.

Please read it, and then reply to us privately.

Thank you!

Gregory

@stonechucker wrote:

@JL9, we’re you a Fall Promo 2016 user?  Was this a good change for you?.

im still switching in and out of a scheduled plan change.  Getting down to the wire for me to commit one way or the other.

@stonechucker yeah I'd definitely say it has worked out well!!

sonyatan

I want my plan changed on my account to this but it won't let me and my account has enough money. Please change it for so I can have access to my phone. @CS_Agent

Skarb

Just switched to this.great so far and fantastic rate.

Who knows, might get a great Koodo offer too or an even better PM offer

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

im still switching in and out of a scheduled plan change.  Getting down to the wire for me to commit one way or the other.

Yes - I was going to start a pool to pick the date @stonechucker was going to cancel his plan change stick with 2016 fall promo and the winner would get a $25 credit, but PM wouldn't go for it. Smiley Very Happy

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker I was on call from switched to koodo in March and came back a month ago on 3g plan. Have no issues with 3g speed. I don't watch YouTube or videos on data so can't speak to that part.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

@SSB wrote:

Sounds like a great offer,

One reason I switched you PM 

for the better coverage, reliability and potential Koodo offer.

I just started mine almost 2 weeks ago and it has gone amazing so far ;). 

SSB

Sounds like a great offer,

One reason I switched you PM 

for the better coverage, reliability and potential Koodo offer.

@themindfulgirl, you can choose to renew your current plan, or you can switch to any other plan if you wish.

Your 4GB for $40 is yours to use until you switch plans, or switch providers.  Price will remain the same until you are notified directly. That terms are chaning.

happycamper

@themindfulgirl wrote:

I signed up for this plan last month and logged in today to see that the plan is now at $45. Does it expire after a month? I don't get to stay on the $40 plan forever?

mmmm..the $40 4.5 g still shows on the plan page...where are you seeing the change?

themindfulgirl

I signed up for this plan last month and logged in today to see that the plan is now at $45. Does it expire after a month? I don't get to stay on the $40 plan forever?

tazukot

Sweet, just switched over from $45/6GB/90 day to this plan and it looks like my rewards will be pro-rated on a monthly basis now. Will be nice to have the extra data overhead on a regular basis.

@happycamper wrote:

@bantonen wrote:

Hi Brooke,

I currently have 3 numbers in my family on the "4.5 GB at 3G speeds" plan at PM. Yesterday, I got a text message on one of them from PM offering to migrate to Koodo "5GB for $35". I put the order in yesterday to migrate that number. I would like to migrate the other two numbers as well but neither of these numbers have receivied the offer message. The folks at Koodo told me that I need to have someone at PM send the messages to those numbers in order for me to make the switch. Can you help?

Thanks,

Brian.

I don't think you need to actually get the offer....try your 2 numbers that didn't get the offer and see if they are accepted ( there is a huge blog on RFD that explains a lot of work arounds);   also try your number where you did get the offer and use if to get into the promo, take a stock number and then port your actual PM  numbers in later

I really like advice that starts with I don't think... and ends with suggesting customer do crazy things that the person suggesting would not do themselves.  Is it a confirmation bias?  RFD is like the wild, wild west sometimes.  There were people there doing phone number generators for the previous migration.  Why on earth would you think that you don't need to receive an offer to just barge in and get whatever you want.  If it is that simple, then what is the point of these being targeted offers.  What part of targeted don't you understand. 

bantonen

Thank you. I just sent a message to a moderator. If that doesn't work, I will use your strategy. I tried the other two numbers on the offer and they weren't accepted

bantonen

Thank you! I just did this.

happycamper

@bantonen wrote:

Hi Brooke,

I currently have 3 numbers in my family on the "4.5 GB at 3G speeds" plan at PM. Yesterday, I got a text message on one of them from PM offering to migrate to Koodo "5GB for $35". I put the order in yesterday to migrate that number. I would like to migrate the other two numbers as well but neither of these numbers have receivied the offer message. The folks at Koodo told me that I need to have someone at PM send the messages to those numbers in order for me to make the switch. Can you help?

Thanks,

Brian.

I don't think you need to actually get the offer....try your 2 numbers that didn't get the offer and see if they are accepted ( there is a huge blog on RFD that explains a lot of work arounds);   also try your number where you did get the offer and use if to get into the promo, take a stock number and then port your actual PM  numbers in later

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @bantonen, I suggest you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to check if the other lines should also be eligible.  I know that the promos are targetted, but if you have 3 numbers on the same plan, it would be surprising if only one was eligible. 

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.