cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friendship Forever: Celebrate Your BFF Today with Our New Referral Offer

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Spongebob and Patrick. Joey and Chandler. Cher and Dionne. What do all these duos have in common? They’re best friends! Why mention them? Because today is, in fact, National Best Friends Day! And, what better way to celebrate this day, than to announce our new and improved Refer-a-Friend Rewards.

Thanks to one of the amazing ideas we received from our Oracle team, between April 19 and May 10 this year, we launched a new Refer a Friend promotion, where:

• You got: $1/ referral every 30 days for as long as your friend stays with us!
  • Your friend got: a one-time $10 account credit to offset the cost of their SIM card

Due to the excitement this generated, we are happy to announce that this offer will be made available on an ongoing basis, with no end date set at this time! For those who were hoping this offer may show up again (special shoutouts to @smp99, @jp2, @abouh27, and @denkom), today is your lucky day.

In honor of today, here a few ideas for what you can do to show your BFF how much they mean to you:

1. Make them an awesome card from scratch. No need to buy a card from the grocery store, printer paper and markers will do just fine. The more homemade it looks, the more they’ll know you put time into it!
  2. Do their favorite activity together. If they’re a mountain biking fanatic, head out to a trail. If they prefer sitting at home and binging Game of Thrones, cue up a whole season and settle in!
  3. Get them the gift you know they want. You hang out all the time and they’ve been talking your ear off about that pair of shoes, so reach into your wallet and buy it for them!
  4. Being a bestie means immediately notifying your pals about great deals. Refer your BFF to Public Mobile so they can get a $10 one-time bill credit, plus you will get a $1 referral reward every 30 days for as long as your friend stays with us!! Trust us, they will return the favour!

Time to start rounding up those friends, right? Don't forget to tag your community bestie below! And, just a final suggestion: take that money you save and treat your bestie to brunch.  

FAQs and terms and conditions are below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

Refer-a-Friend Reward FAQs

• How do I take advantage of the Refer-a-Friend offer?

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate on a 30 or 90-day plan and, during the activation process, include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the offer. To do this, your friend will need your phone number.
  3. Reminder, if you refer a friend you’re eligible for the $1 referral credit every 30 days for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own.
  3. The one-time $10 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation. They will also receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied.
  • If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards? Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $10 credit to your account for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this offer as a referral sender. Learn more here.
  • I am a Legacy/ Pioneer customer. Am I eligible for these rewards? Legacy/ Pioneer customers are not eligible for rewards. However, friends who are referred by Legacy customers are eligible for the one-time Refer-a-Friend Reward $10 account credit. To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, our Moderator Team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.
  • When does this offer end? This offer will be provided on an ongoing basis, with no end date set at this time. That said, please note that Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice. For more information, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer for a one-time $10 account credit.
  • You and your friend have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this offer.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral sender information (your friend’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your friend have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this offer as a referral sender.

Both referral sender and receiver

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the offer or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any offer.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

41 REPLIES 41

@brent_liza wrote:

What happens when there are two promotions going on right now? Does the person get to choose which one they want?

Refer a friend isn't technically a promo.  It's a reward.  

@meocon wrote:

Does anyone know it can combine with current offer free sim + $20 credit bill at Walmart? I mean my friend the one I referred will get $10 credit from this offer + $20 credit bill when activated at Walmart before June 30, 2018? Thank you

The Walmart promo stacks with the referral reward.  

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What happens when there are two promotions going on right now? Does the person get to choose which one they want?

Acekiller

nice, sounds like i need to get some BFF

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks to Public Mobile for bringing back the referral credit.  Smiley Happy

youbme

Well done, Public Mobile! Referrals make much more sense when both parties benefit from the process. I will continue encouraging friends to join PM, and now I suspect there will be more who are interested.

meocon

Does anyone know it can combine with current offer free sim + $20 credit bill at Walmart? I mean my friend the one I referred will get $10 credit from this offer + $20 credit bill when activated at Walmart before June 30, 2018? Thank you

Korade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Excellent plan! This gives the referee, as well as the referer, an incentive for the referral program. 

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Perfect. The credit makes up for the sim card and makes it frictionless for anyone to try Public Mobile without SIM card or activation fees.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is great to hear, let's not stop here, keep these promos coming!!!

MacMe

Awesome!

Need Help? Let's chat.