cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a limited time - Get an extra $20 Credit when you refer a friend to Public Mobile

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of December 31, 2019: This offer is now expired.

Hey Community,

Starting November 25th, 2019 for a limited time, you get a $20 credit (on top of the regular Referral perks) when you refer a friend to Public Mobile and they activate online or in-store. 

You

Your friend

• $1 off your payment every 30 days for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile  
  • *New* Extra $20 one-time credit
  • $10 one-time credit

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online or in-store on any plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion. Learn more about Referral Codes HERE
  3. The extra one-time $20 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Purchase a Public Mobile SIM card online or in store. Click here to find a store
  2. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online or in-store.
  3. Enter your active Public Mobile referral code on the referral page during the activation process. The one-time $10 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

Spoiler
Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs
1. Where do I find my referral code?

Visit this link to learn more about referral codes.

2. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards? 

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $10 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $20 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here
3. I just joined Public Mobile through this offer, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit?

Yes, you will receive the ongoing one-time $10 account credit.

4. When does this promotion end? 

This promotion is available for a limited time and is subject to become unavailable at any time.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.  
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile referral code) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

223 REPLIES 223

Anonymous
Not applicable

@88cranston wrote:

Yes but wouldn’t you say we all know Black Friday will end. But if we are going to work on recruiting, then we need a date or a commitment of a warning otherwise we look like fools to our friends. 

The $10 deal may have had some legal requirements to meet. 

Yes the other promo ends on so-called Cyber Monday. Last year, the RAF promo was extended out almost a whole other month.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes but wouldn’t you say we all know Black Friday will end. But if we are going to work on recruiting, then we need a date or a commitment of a warning otherwise we look like fools to our friends. 

The $10 deal may have had some legal requirements to meet. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@88cranston wrote:

If PM is overseeing this thread I don’t want to do some recruiting if I can’t give some indication of expiry or that I would be able to provide at least a 3 day warning. People have to buy phones, check their contracts etc etc.  Not too many people are in position to jump right  into the PM experience without some preparations. Preferably by email as this is how I first learned about the Black Friday deals. 

All I've seen here is that they update their announcement OP's. The recent disappearance of the $10 plan had some lead time. They first said limited time. Then they gave an end date. (there was also some backlash on it so they extended its demise).

88cranston

@AE_Collector wrote:

@88cranston 

I Agree, these two offers work together.

But yes you need to keep watching here on the community as I wouldnt expect an email announcing the end. 

AE_Collector

If PM is overseeing this thread I don’t want to do some recruiting if I can’t give some indication of expiry or that I would be able to provide at least a 3 day warning. People have to buy phones, check their contracts etc etc.  Not too many people are in position to jump right  into the PM experience without some preparations. Preferably by email as this is how I first learned about the Black Friday deals. 

Agreed... the wording is very clear. It is only when comparing to past promotions where virtually every one had to be clarified after the fact combined with what could be considered unusual wording here that makes us think that yet again, clarification is needed. The promo that just ended yesterday said "any plan change" would terminate the monthly $10 credits. Clarification was asked for and guess what, yes you can change plans as long as you don't drop below $35. Initial wording prevented moving up to the $40 or $50 plan which makes no sense. 

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth wrote:

"For a limited time" means the offer is open-ended, until PM announces the offer is gone. "From Nov 25 to Dec 2 only" is self-explanatory. 

"Bonus data will expire ... if the rate plan is changed" means that if you change your plan (to something cheaper in the second month, for example) then whatever's left unused on your promo 5GB Data Add-on will be redacted/lost.

So I don't understand why confusion. 

Yup. That's what it says. The confusion comes with past promos where it was clarified that the add-on stays on the account regardless of changing plans. As all add-ons do. Once an add-on, always an add-on.

Alan_K has clarified this detail in those past promos. Maybe @Tiana_V could bring clarity to this promo that it's the same thing as past promos where an add-on stays with the account as all add-ons do.

"For a limited time" means the offer is open-ended, until PM announces the offer is gone. "From Nov 25 to Dec 2 only" is self-explanatory. 

"Bonus data will expire ... if the rate plan is changed" means that if you change your plan (to something cheaper in the second month, for example) then whatever's left unused on your promo 5GB Data Add-on will be redacted/lost.

So I don't understand why confusion. 

@88cranston 

I Agree, these two offers work together.

Not having an expiry date on an offer is a new one on me (here at PM). Someone mentioned the $25/$25 referrals last December (when I activated) that had an expiry date of Dec 16 I believe and then it was extended to Jan 1. I would assume there will be an announcement of an end date hopefully with at least a week to go. But yes you need to keep watching here on the community as I wouldnt expect an email announcing the end. 

AE_Collector

cat2019
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@88cranston wrote:

Hi. So just 2 questions. 

1. Can the $20 for the referer be in conjunction with a new customer taking on the one 5gb offer too?

2. No expiry date.....but will there be a notice emailed to us when it is over or a bit of an advance notice of the expiry of offers?

Thanks 

The answer to the first question is YES as some already mentioned above that the $20 for the referer offer CAN be stackable with the 5gb offer.

Not sure about the second question. I guess nobody knows except for those who create the offer. 

88cranston

Hi. So just 2 questions. 

1. Can the $20 for the referer be in conjunction with a new customer taking on the one 5gb offer too?

2. No expiry date.....but will there be a notice emailed to us when it is over or a bit of an advance notice of the expiry of offers?

Thanks 

cat2019
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@BEER wrote:

@Tiana_V wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tiana_V  - Can you clarify please?  The details say to wait 72 hours from the time of "online activation" in bold, but earlier, refererence is made to "onlne or in -store".

Also, is this referral promotion stackable with other offers? (Specifically the 5GB offer that says can't be stacked with other offers)

Editted the post for clarity: activation can be online or in-store. As for stackability, the Black Friday 5GB is stackable with this RAF offer, as stated in the post. 

Just to make surre -- (1) the friend will receive $10 (2) the person refering will receive $20

OR when you say "extra $20" do you mean the friend will receive the regular $10 PLUSS the extra $20 ?

I think it's the first one: your friend will only get the regular $10 one-time credit; you will get the extra $20 bonus credit plus the $1 off each month for referral.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow. Not bad...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@totalUser @versysrob Currently the $25 plan with autopay bonus gives 1 GB/30 days. 

In any case, you're correct in that signing up for a $35 plan will kick in the 5 GB add-on which will remain even if the plan is changed on the 1st renewal. Robot Very Happy

Also @versysrob , hussle a little and refer a friend to get the promo $20 referral credit. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/For-a-limited-time-Get-an-extra-20-Cred...

@Luddite: has there been confirmation of changing plan still keeps the 5gb? I know that's what happens with add-ons anyway but again the details say changing plans. I know it has said that before but each time I should think we need confirmation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChuckYeah wrote:

It's 

Queue the Flying Circus tune? 🙂

@totalUser @versysrob Currently the $25 plan with autopay bonus gives 1 GB/30 days. 

In any case, you're correct in that signing up for a $35 plan will kick in the 5 GB add-on which will remain even if the plan is changed on the 1st renewal. Robot Very Happy

Also @versysrob , hussle a little and refer a friend to get the promo $20 referral credit. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/For-a-limited-time-Get-an-extra-20-Cred...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@versysrob wrote:

I am brand new to this.  Upset that my Bell bill just increased to $70/month for 1 gig.  I plan to join Public mobile this week to save money.  I don't game or watch videos or tv on my phone.  I have rarely run out of data on my 1 gig a month Bell plan, I used 200mgs last month as I just checked my bill!!  So I plan to go with Public and get the 5 gigs of bonus data 'in the bank' so I don't run out of data.    I think the $25 public  mobile plan will be fine for me.  I have Samsung S7.  

Anyone have advise for me?

I would advise you to consider signing up for the $35 plan by Dec 2.

The bonus 5 GB can stay on your account forever. You never know when a power outage or a vacation away from home will chew up your data.

When you get the 5gb bonus, you can set your $25 plan at next renewal. $10 is an amazing price for 5 GB of data which doesn't expire until you use it.

It's 

porcupine

wow very good

@versysrob wrote:

I am brand new to this.  Upset that my Bell bill just increased to $70/month for 1 gig.  I plan to join Public mobile this week to save money.  I don't game or watch videos or tv on my phone.  I have rarely run out of data on my 1 gig a month Bell plan, I used 200mgs last month as I just checked my bill!!  So I plan to go with Public and get the 5 gigs of bonus data 'in the bank' so I don't run out of data.    I think the $25 public  mobile plan will be fine for me.  I have Samsung S7.  

Anyone have advise for me?

Hi @versysrob 

You could start with 5 gig plan as it will give you that nice bonus

It is very easy to switch your plan if you change your mind

But if you don't change your usage preferences i would suggest you move down to 25 plan. 5gigs will take years to consume for overages( unless you have unfortunate accident of accidental streaming or providing free WiFi on an airport which actually happened to people on this community, accidents do happen)  i know somebody who took the advantage of the same deal in spring, and he only used 80megs so far. At this rate he'll still have it in a decade

Also once run out of it, current price is $30 for 1gig, and that doesn't expire stays with you until you use it up. Definitely beats bell's $70 for a gig that's gone at the end of the month. 

The price between 1g Abe 5g plan is 15, so if that add-on lasts you more than 2 months, you're making money.

Another thing i woud suggest is to open public mobile acount with temporary number just to test it out, it takes minutes to execute port of your original number from bell, right from your selfserve. Once you are sure it's working well for you, you can port. The signal should be same as they share the equipment (telus and bell) but there may be someb differences which you would notice right away, forb example bell supports volte and public doesnt, so if you are in the area of weak 3g but strong lte, using bell you wouldn't even know, but with public your calls may be dropping. This doesnt happen often, it's really rare, but you want to make sure before you port

Please use the referral, if you don't have any friends you can ask here inn the community privately, or you can head over to public mobile subreddit, there is a friendly bot there that will hook you up with another user

Hope this helps

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

I cannot find the expiry date for this referral promo.  I am assuming that this promo will continue until next PM announcement.  Am I correct?

I'd say that's a reasonable assumption. They had an extended similar promo last year around this time too that went to early Jan.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I cannot find the expiry date for this referral promo.  I am assuming that this promo will continue until next PM announcement.  Am I correct?

@Anonymous wrote:

Its in "Offer details" at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/blackfriday .

Thank you computergeek541. How do people find these links?

In this case, it's on the Public Mobile homepage.  I do not know if this the case other times, but if information is uploaded ahead of time, someone might be able to see additonal contents of the site, depending how well Public Mobile hides things.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@versysrob  @LA21  @GR  please note in the details of the 5gb data bonus add on is for plans $35+ and says the data add ons will expire if the rate plan is changed. Best to get clarification on this before advising to change plans after activation.

Where do you see that? I don't see that stipulated. The $35 yes but not the plan change.

Thank you computergeek541. How do people find these links? Edit:nvm I see it now off the home page. Edit again: and then I saw the reply 🙂

Anyway...we've seen these promos before and then @Alan_K  comes on and says well no it's applied as an add-on therefore it stays with the account regardless of plan. PLAN promos yes. But this is an add-on. Certainly as always the wording suggests otherwise. I suspect that's the usual stock text they put in. So yes...we need a clarification.

@computergeek541  Thanks....i still suck at the copy and paste : Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. This is the best I could do! I could have typed that faster.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tiana_V wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tiana_V  - Can you clarify please?  The details say to wait 72 hours from the time of "online activation" in bold, but earlier, refererence is made to "onlne or in -store".

Also, is this referral promotion stackable with other offers? (Specifically the 5GB offer that says can't be stacked with other offers)

Editted the post for clarity: activation can be online or in-store. As for stackability, the Black Friday 5GB is stackable with this RAF offer, as stated in the post. 

Just to make surre -- (1) the friend will receive $10 (2) the person refering will receive $20

OR when you say "extra $20" do you mean the friend will receive the regular $10 PLUSS the extra $20 ?

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@versysrob  @LA21  @GR  please note in the details of the 5gb data bonus add on is for plans $35+ and says the data add ons will expire if the rate plan is changed. Best to get clarification on this before advising to change plans after activation.

Where do you see that? I don't see that stipulated. The $35 yes but not the plan change.

@darlicious 

If so.... Good catch, that is a new wrinkle to the data add-ons. I would suspect this might be like the last promo where it will be clarified that you can change plans but if you drop below the $35 minimum plan cost the add-on will expire. Still even that seems a bit odd. If they want to force you to stay at or above $35 forcawikevtgey coukd hand these add-ons out 1Gb per month for the first 5 months if you stay at $35 or above.

In any event, now that PM has settled in on the $35 plan being the minimum for many of these promotions, it would be nice if they made it a more competitive plan with maybe 3Gb of data.

$25 = 1Gb

$30 = 2Gb

$35 = 3Gb

$40 = 5Gb

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

And the expiry date is?

AE_Collector

Currently, there is no date set.

Need Help? Let's chat.