Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting August 13 to August 16 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on any plan $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by August 16 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by August 16 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

91 REPLIES 91

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I went and snooped  and yup  I think @AE_Collector    nailed it... by the time you cut through the BS... PM is still cheaper long term ... except that Koodoo, virgin and Fido all seem to be offering 4g .

edited to make a correction ... according to their fine print Fido's plan seems to be only 3g 

@Lktriple8 wrote:

The offer is only available in store. It is their 50$ plan with 10 gigs. In store they give you a 10$ credit which makes it 40/month. Pretty good deal. 

$10/month forever (As long as you remain a customer and don’t change plans)?

Not bad.

But it could be the other end of the scale 1 $10 credit for first month

Not good.

PM $50 plan is $48 with ONLY the Autopay credit and would have 12.5GB with the 2GB bonus offer so also not bad. If there is no way you need 12.5GB then $38 for 7GB.

AE_Collector 

@barndoor 

Yes....only a newly activated SIM card creating a new account with a new email can get these promotions. But since @shahestates was curious but did not want to experiment in their own account I satisfied the curiosity by trying in an account I manage that has no promotions in the "my promotions" section.

barndoor

@darlicious  ...whatever PM  defines as a new customer .... those are supposed to be the only accounts getting these bonus deals aren't they ?    

@barndoor 

??

As in get a new SIM card and activate a new account with a new phone number or a number that you port in to it? 

Edit:

Lol...I added an extra "is" when I read your question!🤣🤣🤣

No it was an existing account which is why I said originally it wouldn't work.

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

@shahestates 

I just tried a variety of known promo codes in an account. None of them were accepted.

@darlicious  ,Was it a "new" account  ? 

Lktriple8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The offer is only available in store. It is their 50$ plan with 10 gigs. In store they give you a 10$ credit which makes it 40/month. Pretty good deal. 

@Lktriple8 wrote:

Fido is having a flash sale. Way better deal than this ridiculous deal they have which only happens for 2 days??? What? Lol.

40$/month for 10 gigs data. 

which plan you talking about?

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

wondering if any bonus for existing cutomer in similar plan > 🙂

@Lktriple8 wrote:

Fido is having a flash sale. Way better deal than this ridiculous deal they have which only happens for 2 days??? What? Lol.

Ironically, I expect that Koodo will match that offer, but don't expect that Public Mobile will.  Public Mobile is great for the rewards program. Unfortunately, the plans on their own aren't great.

Lktriple8

@barndoor wrote:

What defines a new customer ?

"New customer" means that a new account needs to be opened to receive the offer.

@shahestates 

I wouldn't say that at all....I have yet to have seen or heard of a promocode that can be entered by the customer in their self serve account that has been successful. I vaguely recall there may been something targeted in a text message that a customer could enter in the fall of 2019 but that could just be my imagination.....

barndoor

What defines a new customer ?

shahestates

@darlicious 

Thanks for trying and providing updates. It means they have fixed that 3Gb glitch. You were lucky one to get it by accident 🤣

@shahestates 

I just tried a variety of known promo codes in an account. None of them were accepted.

Screenshot_20210819-045433~2.pngScreenshot_20210819-045415~2.png

@barndoor 

Funny when I put those two screenshots together I noticed the difference in lettering. That I assume is pm's way of telling the difference between the two. Every promocode I have ever seen ( even outside of pm) is CAPITALIZED.

barndoor

@darlicious   ...and is it important if you are plugging in code that you get the capitalization right ?  That seems to be the only way to differentiate the two plans .  

Just what is a new customer for the purposes of these plan bonuses ... just a different sim card ? 

@shahestates 

Here's how it appears note the difference between these two promo code bonuses the second one is a one time data add on.

Screenshot_20210816-164900~2.pngScreenshot_20210705-105905~2.png

shahestates

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

The accidently inputted promocode being inferred to appears in the account as a reoccurring 3gb monthly plan data bonus.

Accidently 😁

Could anybody try this 3GBBONUS code and confirm if it is recurring data every 30 days or just one data bucket until used up all? If I had a new sim I would give it a try.

barndoor

I  agree it seems to be a baffle with confusion type strategy  but backwards . Mix that in with the other sales bonuses  offered and discovered  and it would seem to me it might generate as many ticked off customers as happy ones .  I know when I was thinking of switching  ,I just about didn't because it seemed like the plans were all over the place . If they would take some marketing money that they waste with all these plans and fix the glitches here and get a reputation for a quality site with  easy to follow instructions  how would they not get more customers . And likely only need  half a dozen people here to handle any issues . 

@tarsbo wrote:

I understand what the offer was, but it says the sale ended on August 16th.
I'm wondering how frequently these types of sales tend to happen.

The sale didn't end on August 16.  It's been going on since the last part of May 2021 and is still advertised at the following link:   Public Mobile .  Up until relatively recently, Public Mobile always stated that this was simply an ongoing limited time offer, even after some sales staff and CSAs mistakenly gave incorrect offer expiry dates.  I'm as confused as I was the first time that this particular Flash Sale was announced, but if Public Mobile wants to no longeer offer this promotion, it needs to be taken down from the website. Otherwise, they're going to/are going to need to (in my opinion) keep honoring it.

@AE_Collector 

No it appears like the this 2gb of reoccurring monthly plan data with an unlimited expiry.

But is this 2GBBONUS promocode now expired? Announcement moved but no red lettered this deal has expired notice.....hmmmm?

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

The accidently inputted promocode being inferred to appears in the account as a reoccurring 3gb monthly plan data bonus.

Oh so not like an add-on that rolls over but 3GB additional “use it or lose it” data?

AE_Collector

@Phebsters 

Would you please report back the results of your inquiry to customer support? When possible please and thank you.

@JK8 @tarsbo 

I cannot confirm or deny. One could attempt an activation and enter the promocode and if it is not accepted abandon the activation as the SIM card will not activate if payment is not made. Of course it would be better if @J_PM  confirmed the eligibility status of the 2GBBONUS promocode for online activations along with the rumoured one time 5gb data add on bonus for $25+ plans activated in store.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@tarsbo wrote:

Here is a discussion thread on this topic about whether this promo is still ongoing. @darlicious  may want to clarify if it is still available.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Before-signup-reps-web-said-2GB-for-35-...

tarsbo

Thanks for your insights!

tarsbo

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@tarsbo wrote:

Does anyone know how frequently these types of sales tend to happen?
I have a friend looking to sign up, but obviously, she missed the sale by a couple of days! 

Flash sales happen quite often, but this recurring 2 GB bonus data not as often. The promo code still might work.

Need Help? Let's chat.