Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate online

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community, 

Effective December 11, 2020, until December 14, 2020, 11:59PM ET, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on select plans

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $28 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $35 or higher

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before December 14, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on an eligible plan online before December 25, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by December 25, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

39 REPLIES 39

My take is that @111111 DID NOT pre-register an email address for this promotion as they didn't know about it when they went tovLondon Drugs to activate. But they just happened to go to LD during the 4 day Flash Sale registration window Dec 11-14 for that particular Flash Sale.

So maybe everyone who activates a new account during the actual registration window gets the promo anyway. That is how I think it *should* work with registering your email in that same window extending the offer longer so you can acquire a SIM card to do it yourself. But there has been no indication in writing that I am aware of that says it works the way I think it really should work.

AE_Collector

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@111111 wrote:

@AE_Collector so I sent a message to the moderators about the flash sale they said there’s nothing they can do I don’t remember the exact words they used but they said something to the lines that they couldn’t help me I don’t remember exactly what they said I randomly logged into my self serve and I saw that I have a $62 credit $50 from my plan $10 from my referral for coming back and $3 dollars auto pay i’m assuming it just takes time from activation to receiving all your credits I’m not sure what happened I lucked out

Why didn't they look if your account qualified? That's not good that they didn't check.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@AE_Collector so I sent a message to the moderators about the flash sale they said there’s nothing they can do I don’t remember the exact words they used but they said something to the lines that they couldn’t help me I don’t remember exactly what they said I randomly logged into my self serve and I saw that I have a $62 credit $50 from my plan $10 from my referral for coming back and $3 dollars auto pay i’m assuming it just takes time from activation to receiving all your credits I’m not sure what happened I lucked out

@111111 

Did you go back and forth with the moderators with them conceding to fix it or did they apparently receive your message and then just add the bonus to your account?

AE_Collector

@computergeek541 @AE_Collector 

I ended up qualifying to get my 2nd month free ad my as I have a credit of 62.00 on my account 

The fact that this last Flash Sale has been removed from the Home Page likely confirms that indeed, this was only available to those who registered email between Friday Dec 11 and Monday Dec 14. There seemed to be just a little conflicting thoughts that this could actually be ongoing for new accounts with or without preregistration up until Christmas Day. Other differences with this one was the ability to be activated at a dealer, not just DIY (Online) .. at home. 

Maybe another registration period Friday Dec 18 - Monday Dec 21 or even ongoing until Dec 25 or Dec 31? Quite surprising how little the Promotion Activity is this year and (just a little) disappointing.

AE_Collector

I thought the registration period might be extended for this Promo through Christmas or New Years Day. Not so far.... maybe back this Friday? Registration IS REQUIRED only between Dec 11 - 14 I think?

AE_Collector

The wording is to submit your email address in the 4 day window. So I assume one needs to do that first. But they really should make these automatic during the 4 day window with the register your email address as a way to extend the qualification period giving time to get a SIM card delivered if needed. Maybe it does actually work that way? No idea....

AE_Collector

@111111 wrote:

@Catherine_T I was not offered this when I activated on Saturday at London drugs very disappointed I did private message your team please help

I do not believe that you had to be offered this to take advantage of it. There's no promo code needed for this offer, so I supsect that you will automatically receive the credit within 30 days.

@Catherine_T I was not offered this when I activated on Saturday at London drugs very disappointed I did private message your team please help

@Catherine_T  This is very confusing I just signed up on Saturday 

@AprilSnow wrote:

I activated my account between those dates before I new of this sale. Can I still apply for the second month free?  I started my account on dec 12th 

Contact a moderator to see if you can still get the free month.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

AprilSnow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my account between those dates before I new of this sale. Can I still apply for the second month free?  I started my account on dec 12th 

Noboobstrina69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Noboobstrina69 

What he said @kb_mv 🙌👏👍

@Noboobstrina69 wrote:

I haven't received my second month free can some one please help me apply

@Noboobstrina69 You have posted twice in another thread and ignored the help that was offered. Why not go back there and answer the questions of the person trying to help you?

Noboobstrina69

I haven't received my second month free can some one please help me apply

MarcGSR

Great promo! Applied.... will also get my referrals to take advantage of this excellent offer!

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 

I’m not following you... Says to per register your email by Monday evening and then you have until Christmas Evening to be activated either DIY or at a Dealer. Doesn’t it?

AE_Collector

The promotion details say online only when clicking on the link for further details. In one place on the Public Mobile website, it says in-store or online, but then gives no further details. On the next page, it says online only. Catherine has clarified that the offer is also available in store.

Online, the offer is definitely available until December 25th 11:59pm EST as long as the customer reigisters for the offer with the e-mail address by December 14th 11:59pm EST.

What I am saying is not to count on receiving the credit if the account is activated after December 14th at a store. In the past when Public Mobile has done these offers, the "extended" time periods for activation only applied to online activations.

@computergeek541 

I’m not following you... Says to pre-register your email by Monday evening and then you have until Christmas Evening to be activated either DIY or at a Dealer.... doesn’t it?

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

More that “the weekend. Register your email by Monday evening. Then you can activate an account online (yourself) or at a dealer through until Christmas Day. Most of these have been Online Only meaning YOU do it yourself Online but this one is either way.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The reason for having the offer registration up until now has always been to allow time for SIM cards to arrive that have been shipped.  As such, I can't see in-store activation done after December 14th being eligible for this offer. I asked Catherine for further clarification but have not yet received an answer.   Public Mobile has done these sorts of offers before and the in-store eligibility was only good for the same period of time as the online offer registration.

More than just “the weekend”. Register your email by Monday evening. Then you can activate an account online (yourself) or at a dealer through until Christmas Day. Most of these have been Online Only meaning YOU do it yourself Online but this one is either way.

So even if you are just thinking about it....register your email address and you will have until Christmas Day to think about it and get it done. If doing it yourself the need for a SIM card is the main thing to get to work on. Ordering from Public Mobile seems to ALWAYS take weeks and there is now less than 2 weeks to get activated. I would say pick it up at a dealer or order one from Canadian Cell Supplies. 

AE_Collector

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Nicolebonte wrote:

It's only online

It's available in-store too this weekend.

Nicolebonte

It's only online

Nicolebonte

Thanks

@AE_Collector wrote:

There is that always confusing “Register your email address Before December 14” statement as well. Before December 14 MEANS BY December 13 thus by midnight EASTERN time Sunday. Never a good idea to word it like that, this has caused endless bad feelings in the past. If it really is Friday, Saturday and Sunday to register (not Monday as well) it should be worded “Register your email address BY Midnight Eastern Time Zone Sunday December 13” not BEFORE December 14.

This depends on the definition used, and is the very reason people avoid using the term midnight. I consider midnight to not be the start of a day but actually the end of a day. I am aware that electronic device change the date at midnight, but not everyone agrees with that.  I agree with you that it really should say before the end of day on December 14th.  In the details that I see, the webpage says "Effective December 11 2020 until December 14 2020 at 11:59PM ET."

There is that always confusing “Register your email address Before December 14” statement as well. “Before December 14” likely MEANS “BY December 13” thus by midnight EASTERN time Sunday. Never a good idea to word it like that, this has caused endless confusion and bad feelings in the past. If it really is Friday, Saturday and Sunday to register (not Monday as well) it should be worded “Register your email address BY Midnight Eastern Time Zone Sunday December 13” not BEFORE December 14.

AE_Collector

@kaytus wrote:

Yup...

It is so simple.. It called timing.

Just want to test the network single before I go to another plan.

I lost that $5 for 6months and this deal.

Wrong timing for a new activation.

@kaytus 

How so? You can register your email address by Sunday and Willa have until Christmas Day to activate. Lots of time to test the signal. Anyone near you on Telus should have a very similar signal.

AE_Collector

@Catherine_T wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@Catherine_T 

Could you please clarify if it's online only or both online and in store

Thanks

Hi there! This applies for both online and in-store activations.

Thanks,

Catherine

@Catherine_T 

In store only up until Dec. 14 11:59pm EST, correct? I wouldn't want people complaining that they registered for the offer, activated by Dec. 25 11:59pm EST but didn't get the credit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Catherine_T wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@Catherine_T 

Could you please clarify if it's online only or both online and in store

Thanks

Hi there! This applies for both online and in-store activations.

Thanks,

Catherine

@Catherine_T 

Soo....ok...why can't you make consistent messaging everywhere? One place says online, another place says either. etc.

It would save your valuable time not clarifying the messaging every time if the wording was consistent and clear to begin with. Same with 30 business days. No..it's just 30 days.

I'd be happy to join your marketing team for a small salary to check and verify that messaging is consistent everywhere. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.