cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective January 12, 2019 until January 13, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store at participating retailers! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store at a participating retailer on a 30-day plan from January 12 until January 13 2019, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • Participating retailers include:
      • Walmart
      • London Drugs
      • The Mobile Shop
      • WOW! mobile boutique
      • K-Mobile
      • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1 GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 72 hours of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only at participating retailers.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

40 REPLIES 40

ChewyB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just signed up in store and got the free SIM. It is working great! 

hi

it has more to do with the store than with public mobile

if i was you i would take the picture of the payment and contact the moderators, maybe there is sill something that can be done about it

hope you get it resolved

cheers

amblucy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a SIM at a participating retailer (K-Mobile) on Sunday Jan 13th. However, I was not told about the free for a month promotion (Next 30 days for $0). I noticed it in the evening after the store was closed and hence, I couldn't return for the deal. This is very disappointing and I expected more from PM. I still didn't activate my account and honestly I don't know if I will if this is the service.

Devin_G

I’m paying a fraction for data compared to PM plans so keeping PM is dependent on dual-sim working in my situation. I keep finding references to the Zenfone 2 Laser supporting “dual LTE standby” but I guess the question is if there is an active data connection via SIM 1, does a call coming in on SIM 2 trigger switching, or is it always going to be manual?

I thought (via my SIP service configuration) I’d have my income SIP calls forwarded but sounds like you’re saying there’s a least one other way. More to learn. Maybe will know enough and be in a position to have time to try things out by the next promotion. I imagine all this activity on PM’s website ensures I will be spammed in my FB newsfeed if one happens.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Devin_G wrote:

I always do! But will atempt to be succinct:

Do you have any info, like simply, do all The Mobile Shop locations have the ability to sign one up for Public Mobile?

Also, any confirmed success stories using dual standby, with a Data-only SIM 1 , and phone/SMS on Public Mobile in SIM 2?

My though is: if it’s just a $10 risk why not see how well it works.
I only have a SIP # now which is great on my analogue phone via an ATA, but not so great on my smartphone. Checked my IMEI already at ‘get started’ which said something like ‘will likely work’.

The Mobile Shop is one of the store which can activate a PM plan for you.  If you a PC Optimum collector, you may be able to redeem points at The Mobile Shop.  I am not sure whether you can redeem points to pay for PM plan.  I only redeemed points to buy PM SIM cards.

For tonight, you goal should be get a plan activated with a phone number provided by PM.  After testing PM service for a few days, if your like the PM service before porting your VoIP number to PM.  Porting a number from VoIP number will take up to 1 week.

@Devin_G wrote:

Do you have any info, like simply, do all The Mobile Shop locations have the ability to sign one up for Public Mobile?

Also, any confirmed success stories using dual standby, with a Data-only SIM 1 , and phone/SMS on Public Mobile in SIM 2?

I only have a SIP # now which is great on my analogue phone via an ATA, but not so great on my smartphone. Checked my IMEI already at ‘get started’ which said something like ‘will likely work’.

All The Mobile Shop locations should be able to sign you up.  They're all using the same computerized system.

As for dual sim card set ups, all Public Mobile voice services (phone calls) go through the 3g network, while data can go through either the 3g or LTE network.  Public Mobile does not have an 2g network.  The reason for this mentioning this has to do with the fact that some dual sim phones only allow you to use 3g networks from one of the sim card slots.

Devin_G

popping

@Devin_G wrote:

I want to sign up under this weekend’s promo, but can’t find out how, i.e. where. There’s a The Mobile Shop nearby and still open for a bit but told manager is away &  unreachable and the “very new” employee doesn’t have any idea if they’re a ‘participating location’.

Real Canadian Superstore

3185 Grandview Hwy, Vancouver

I’m PST so was hopeful but looks like I’m SOL for contacting someone this evening. Or anyone monitoring here who can help, rain check or something? Pretty Please?

You should go to other store like London Drug etc to sign up.  You have couple of hours in BC to activate your plan.  Good luck.  If you cannot find a store will give you a free SIM card for in-store activation, just pay the $10 SIM card and activate a plan in store tonight.  Then, send a private message to moderator to get the $10 SIM credit added to your account.

Good luck.  Just ask if you have more question.

@Devin_G wrote:

I want to sign up under this weekend’s promo, but can’t find out how, i.e. where. There’s a The Mobile Shop nearby and still open for a bit but told manager is away &  unreachable and the “very new” employee doesn’t have any idea if they’re a ‘participating location’.

Real Canadian Superstore

I’m PST so was hopeful but looks like I’m SOL for contacting someone this evening. Or anyone monitoring here who can help, rain check or something? Pretty Please?

Your question is answered in the first post by Alan (a Public Mobile employee).

"Participating retailers include:

• Walmart
  • London Drugs
  • The Mobile Shop
  • WOW! mobile boutique
  • K-Mobile
  • Select Koodo Authorized Dealers"

There are no rain checks for promotions.  So sign up today if you want to take advantage of it.  Or, this promotion MIGHT come back on another weekend.

The 30 freee days of service is for the second complete set of 30 days, so you do need to pay for the plan.

The credit for the second 30 days is taken care of by Public Mobile and gets added by them to your account, so I wouldn't worry too much about if the employee knows about it.  I can't say for sure if the employee needs to type in some type of promotional code or not.  But, keep your receipts and everything and follow Public Mobile's rules for this promotion and you should be good.  Worst case, you prove to the Public Mobile employees (the moderators) that you followed the terms fo the promotion and they would credit you accordingly.

The only thing that might get iffy is if the employee doesn't know about the promotion, he or she won't know not to charge for the sim card.  Once again, keep your sales receipts to prove to Public Mobile that you were incorrectly charged for it.

Public Mobile does have a on-goiong promotion where if you tell them when you sign up that someone refered you.  If you type in the phone number of the person who refered you, you get a $10 credit added to your account a few days later.    You would still have to pay for the $10 for the sim card in store (if the employee insists on it), but you'll be compensated by the $10 account credit.

Devin_G

Real Canadian Superstore

Carld123

@Jojochiu wrote:

No I didn't, they never mentioned anything 

@Jojochiu

Well...your only option is to send a private message to a moderator..include all your account info..including proof of payment..

Jojochiu

No I didn't, they never mentioned anything 

Carld123

@Jojochiu wrote:

I transferred my line todattoday and was charged for a simcard and activation fee. Could you please advise why I wasn't offered this? 

@Jojochiu

Did you know about the offer when you went into the store to activate???

Did you ask for this promotion?  Store employees, especially at WalLyWorld may not be fully aware of the promos.  Especially the Flash Sales.

Jojochiu

I transferred my line todattoday and was charged for a simcard and activation fee. Could you please advise why I wasn't offered this? 

popping

@Jay15 wrote:

Does this works with $10/month plan?

Yes.  It works with any PM 30 day plan.  Make sure that you do not select plan with 90 days renewal.

Carld123

@Jay15 wrote:

@Jay15

Yes...this promo does...

Jay15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sina_hidd3n wrote:
Hello, I bought a 10$ public mobile plan yesterday (12 Jan) from walmart (waterloo, ontario) and I acctivate it the same day. I payed 10 $ for the sim card and 10$ for the plan but I see this link ( https://goo.gl/4ni2PY ) today that says the sim card fee and the 10$ for first month of the plan is 0 for 12-13 Jan. can I get a refund for that 20 $ which I payed? I can attache my contract if you want

Walmart strikes again.

There's one weasel word in these in-store promotions...participating. Nothing says that a retailer is *required* to honour the promo. It sucks. It's been reported that a London Drugs has pulled this off as well.

The promo is a free SIM and then credit for the plan you chose at activation which should appear a few days afterwards. You pay for the first term.

Then, as Carld123 said just earlier...do a future change to happen at the renewal.

As for a refund...not gonna happen. You could ask the moderators nicely to credit you the SIM and first plan cost.

sina_hidd3n

thanks a lot

Carld123

@sina_hidd3n

Since you activated within the promo dates you should have recieved your sim card free..but still paid for your first 30 day plan..send a private message to a moderator and explain 

sina_hidd3n
Hello, I bought a 10$ public mobile plan yesterday (12 Jan) from walmart (waterloo, ontario) and I acctivate it the same day. I payed 10 $ for the sim card and 10$ for the plan but I see this link ( https://goo.gl/4ni2PY ) today that says the sim card fee and the 10$ for first month of the plan is 0 for 12-13 Jan. can I get a refund for that 20 $ which I payed? I can attache my contract if you want

sina_hidd3n

dezn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@dreamboats198

All walmarts carry this offer until the expiration date.

dreamboats198

Noted thanks. Do all Walmarts carry this offer , particularly the one in Mumford Halifax 

Carld123

@dreamboats198 wrote:

Thanks for sharing. Have some questions:

Are all Walmart stores promoting this offer- need to take a bus to Mumford Halifax and would like to know if they have the offer ?

The offer states that the Sim must be activated in store only today. Would the store also import my original number or would I need to do that online?

Can I just settle for the free Sim now and activate it without the 30$ credit offer next month as I just paid my Jan bill for my current provider?

If I take up the30$ offer , can I downgrade my plan once the 30$ offer expires?

@dreamboats198

You have to activate a plan..pay for the first 30days of service..then your next 30 day plan will be free..equal to what you paid for..the store can port your number for you...you cannot just take a free sim and activate later..asfor downgrading your plan..you could do a plan change but make it take affect on your NEXT renewal date..

dreamboats198

Thanks for sharing. Have some questions:

Are all Walmart stores promoting this offer- need to take a bus to Mumford Halifax and would like to know if they have the offer ?

The offer states that the Sim must be activated in store only today. Would the store also import my original number or would I need to do that online?

Can I just settle for the free Sim now and activate it without the 30$ credit offer next month as I just paid my Jan bill for my current provider?

If I take up the30$ offer , can I downgrade my plan once the 30$ offer expires?

dezn

Amazing! Keep it coming!

dna2016

Nice flash sale, keep them coming PM

@born

Yes, use your friend's number when  you sign up in store.   You will get additional $10 credit and your friend will get ongoing $1 monthly credit as long as you stay with PM.  

Need Help? Let's chat.