cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: FLASH SALE! From September 29 to 30 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

i feel ur pain, same thing, i got it last week, at least they gave me the sim for free. Did u at least get that free

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: FLASH SALE! From September 29 to 30 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

that sucks i just singed up for 2 accounts wendesday and thursday and paid full price and still waiting for my number to port over Smiley Sad

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I certainly hope so. This guy took over an hour to fill out the online form!

I'm mainly worried that he signed me up with one phone number that maybe got the credit and then signed me up with another phone number that may not have gotten the credit because I was no longer a 'new' user.

lol, I really liked that first number too!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sadly, I attemtped to take advantage of this deal today, but live in a rural area and my local Walmart store doesn't carry Public Mobile SIM cards... any chance someone living in a rural area who cannot activate in store (because there are NO stores here...) can take advantage of one of these sales?

OK - so it's designed to send business to the retailer which is fair. Is there ever any promo that one may get a SIM by mail and then activate on line? I ask because my local Walmart's staff even though are nice people are totally ignorant of these promotions. The way I activated my present account is by taking over from the Walmart expert and doing it for her.

Oracle

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

OK - so it's designed to send business to the retailer which is fair. Is there ever any promo that one may get a SIM by mail and then activate on line?

Sometimes.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Oracle

@MacD wrote:

Sadly, I attemtped to take advantage of this deal today, but live in a rural area and my local Walmart store doesn't carry Public Mobile SIM cards... any chance someone living in a rural area who cannot activate in store (because there are NO stores here...) can take advantage of one of these sales?

Nope. Robot Sad

Oracle

@kstins2 wrote:

that sucks i just singed up for 2 accounts wendesday and thursday and paid full price and still waiting for my number to port over Smiley Sad

Too true! Robot Mad

Whenever one wishes to change providers it's best to NEVER PORT-IN DURING ACTIVATION https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MacD @yiatioxi-ok

That is unfortunate to be unable to get one of these in store promotions because you live in a rural area.  

The recent online only promotion was the $25 friend referral for both parties.  Usually friend referral offers $10 for the new customer and ongoing $1 per month for referer.  Sometimes Public mobile will offer for online activations only  $25 for both parties.  You can wait for this promotion in the future.  Instead of $10 for referral, get $25.  

@yiatioxi-ok wrote:

OK - so it's designed to send business to the retailer which is fair. Is there ever any promo that one may get a SIM by mail and then activate on line? I ask because my local Walmart's staff even though are nice people are totally ignorant of these promotions. The way I activated my present account is by taking over from the Walmart expert and doing it for her.

Can't expect them to focus only and keep up to date with  all the PM flash sales and promotions. Since PM is a budget offshoot of Telus - it would be easier to be able to get these deals directly fro Telus retailers.