cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! From July 28 to July 29 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective July 28, 2018 until July 29, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store on a 30-day plan from July 28 to July 29, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 72 hours of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

108 REPLIES 108

Osaga
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yeah, Im in the same boat... l think we'ew out of luck

JodyMcC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went to Walmart and tried to sign-up during the sale, had a reference code as my sister had activated 2 phones that day.  I was told the the TELUS site was down and they couldn’t help me and maybe I should go to the next Walmart an hour away.

pretty sure the whole world uses the same internet.

point is, I was unable to sign- up yesterday to get the sale.

@DianneFowler wrote:

I am standing in the Walmart Supercenter in Sarnia on Quinn.  I was told on the phone earlier today by a person who works in the wireless area that I could buy a Simm card here anytime before they closed and could activate it myself to qualify for the special promotion that ends today.  No one here in the store knows where these Simm cards are. It is 8:19pm EST and I need to know if there are any other stores near Sarnia that are still open where I can buy a Simm card.

Either way, to qualify for this promotion, the activation must be done in store. Online self activations do not qualify.  This information is provided in the first sentence of the first post in this thread.

DianneFowler

I am standing in the Walmart Supercenter in Sarnia on Quinn.  I was told on the phone earlier today by a person who works in the wireless area that I could buy a Simm card here anytime before they closed and could activate it myself to qualify for the special promotion that ends today.  No one here in the store knows where these Simm cards are. It is 8:19pm EST and I need to know if there are any other stores near Sarnia that are still open where I can buy a Simm card.

Respublica
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am lucky to get this promo this morning! I was informed of similar promo yesterday and am interested but not so keen due to many unknowns factors. I browsed PM website and its comunity to get a feel first and whether PM really would serve me better than Freedom Mobile, my last provider for 3 years.

Then I registered around 2 and by 2:30PM I am a PM client. Moved also my wife's phone. So now we are PM family. Walmart was pretty busy today, only one staff is handling all the PM's would be clients, while the other staff is processing smartphones sales.

So far so good

MacMe

Probably not everyone is aware of the promotion.  You need to ask for it so that they can look it up in their system.

BluenosePam

I bought my sim card at walmart yesterday and they never mentioned this. 

Ryyyan

Haha, because of this great promo, today, i got the free SIM card from WOW and joined in the family of PM. 

Hank_boi

I'm not sure about the above 2 posters but the guy at the Walmart had things figured out from your experiences.

Technically it was only $0.02 for mine but that is free just like the promo, I'm not sure what Public can do. Honestly, just try reaching out to the Mod team and see if they can help sort you guys out.

And I haven't mentioned this yet, but I totally screwed the pooch and ordered a sim card too on Friday so I'm in the same boat as you guys. Not sure what to do with the extra sim, but I have one now? Lol

Andy2513

Me too! Was charged when doing activation at London drugs $10 for sim card on 28th saturday. 

KC11

I got charged $10 for SIM card at Walmart. WIll it come back as a credit? 

Hank_boi

You pay for the first month, and you will get back credits within 72 hours i think? I activated yesterday at Walmart and paid $40 for the $40 plan and got my credit today

MacMe

@Towlig wrote:

I signed up today for Flash sale as new customers and still got charged 60 bucks

Which plan did you take?  The promotion states that you will get your next 30 days for $0.  You still have to pay for the first 30 days.

Towlig

I signed up today for Flash sale as new customers and still got charged 60 bucks

dip13

My rewards showed up today. $52 showed up the next day in my account. $40 for the monthly plan, $10 referral, + $2 auto pay. Nice. killer deal.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Awesome 🤔

canada

public mobile have some working location i knew wow location at woodbine near fantasy fair rises in woodbine mall. i bought some time sims from there. walmart have also access but walmart staff is not care the customers so better first call the near by loaction because some walmart store have no wireless phone services normally you should call in their working time after 11.00 am electronics department

canada

you should try to contact customer service. or you can take advantage with new connection unless you keep your phone number.

canada

but if somebody order online sim they will also be qualiied for this promotion the reason is still public mobile get more revnue by activating the connections online. peoples are lazy nobody wants to spend time to first find the store and then go to store to activate. its amzon time everybody is happy with online purchase and free delivery

madimalo

@mimmo wrote:

@madimalo  I would private message the moderators the details.

also why didnt you show the promo thread to the sales rep?

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

Thanks. I did show them the web page from PM website, but even the manager didn't know about the promo. They said they're already offering LD promo now, well, I didn't know how to argue with them then.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@madimalo  I would private message the moderators the details.

also why didnt you show the promo thread to the sales rep?

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

madimalo

I went to my local London Drugs store and they did not know about his promotion. So I had to pay the sim card for $10. Will this charge be credit back from PM?

Hubert71

Ok, thanks. I guess I’ll go back tomorrow and see what I can do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hubert71, I think the SIM card was supposed to be free in the store (according to the original post). 

Hubert71

Hi, I registered at WOW Mobile today and I had to pay for my SIM card up front. They did tell me I should be credited afterwards though.

i guess what I am asking is if the card should had been free at the kiosk or will I be credited later along with my free month?

super8989

Apparently someone said they got $25 referral credit as well activating in store. Can't say if that's 100% accurate or not.

jay_e11e

I understand. Like I said, you could try again or call ahead as the other poster mentioned tomorrow, or, wait for their next awesome promo 🙂 

Kay567890

That's disappointing because we have only one. Location maybe time to chage companies and. Go. With one I can rely on 😞

Kay567890

@Kay567890  Sorry to hear about your troubles.  You can try another store.  The deal is also available until tomorrow.  Any Walmart, London drugs, K Mart, Wow boutique, some authorized Koodo dealers.  You can call ahead to make sure that the system is working before you get there.  

Need Help? Let's chat.