Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE: Get your second month FREE when you activate

@z10user4 wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

But for the rest of society, hasn't every day really become a 'business' day?  (sadly...)   

Sure. Ok. Then drop the superfluous word "business". It's just everyday then. So 30 days. Why make any other distinction. What's that for the grammar police - an adjective?

Exactly! In a world where so many cant even write in full unabbreviated words to avoid confusion why add the long word “Business” in front of a short word “days” when all it does is ADD CONFUSION. Month versus 30 days is fairly insignificant EXCEPT using it in advertising to attract mainly new to PM customers... it just adds confusion that we hear about later here in the community.

And one more...this is another “Activate online” offer. Fair enough but “Online” is one of those words you see and hear everywhere in the 21st century. I suspect large numbers of potential new PM customers do NOT read that and say to themselves “Okay, I need t o get a SIM card and do this myself at home rather than just having the sales guy who sells me the SIM card do it when he offers”. This needs to be MUCH more clearly spelled out wit hat minus the statement “Must be a DIY home activation, not a Dealer activation”.

AE_Collector

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Choices basically boil down to working within (or around) Public Mobile's 30-day billing system ... or ... taking your business somewhere else which uses a monthly billing system.

AutoPay or a "one month" prepaid fund buffer aren't real inconveniences.

I realize some people balance their "monthly" budgets on a precarious edge. But there's really no difference in paying today vs paying tomorrow unless you always leave things unattended (and get distracted by problems on) the very last day.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector 

Its clearly defined when its stated online or in store activations. What they need to do is add to:

Activate online only.....in store activations ars not eligible for this promotion. When applicable.....

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth wrote:

Choices basically boil down to working within (or around) Public Mobile's 30-day billing system ... or ... taking your business somewhere else which uses a monthly billing system.

AutoPay or a "one month" prepaid fund buffer aren't real inconveniences.

I realize some people balance their "monthly" budgets on a precarious edge. But there's really no difference in paying today vs paying tomorrow unless you always leave things unattended (and get distracted by problems on) the very last day.

Any good business will listen to feedback from their customers...and this is all I was simply doing, giving some feedback. It's not a money thing, nor even a just a billing date thing...I like to have my phone keep an accurate tally of data usage, and my phone does this on a monthly basis...not a 30 days basis.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@WoozyPolarBear 

I understand your wish..... but is it that much of a hassle to adjust your tracking dates upon renewal when necessary?

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@WoozyPolarBear 

I think that is Apple devices that are “way ahead of their time” yet don't have any options other than monthly plans? I have one too but honestly wonder how a company like Apple can be so stuck in a rut sometimes. Public Mobile isnt the odd one out here, most Prepaid Plans are 30 day plans.

I put a simple App called “Dataflow” on the two iPhones in this household, set it for 30 day renewal and done. It seems pretty accurate as well. One inaccuracy attributable to Public Mobile will be that their plans renew at midnight Eastern so with me being in BC there may be a three hour discrepancy in reset times.

AE_Collector

Melinda_H
Public Mobile

@computergeek541 I have clarification that this offer is also available for in-store activations until March 31st

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H 

Thanks for the update so we can properly advise customers.

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear 

I think that is Apple devices that are “way ahead of their time” yet don't have any options other than monthly plans?

I don't, nor ever will have an apple made product. I use my pixel 5 on PM. Also, my AT&T plan is 1 month in duration, not 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.