cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPIRED: $55 for 4GB/month promo plan!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

ANNOUNCEMENT: This promo plan is now expired and no longer available.

Hey Community,

Hot diggity! We’ve got another special announcement for you!  For a limited time, Public Mobile is offering an incredible promotion where you can get unlimited province-wide talk, unlimited global text and 12GB on a 90-day plan for $165 ($55/month).  Not to mention you get all of this on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.  

Looking for ways to save a little more? Don’t forget about all the Rewards you can earn.  Sign up for AutoPay when you activate and you can earn another $2 off your payment every 30 days.  

Check out the full details below.  If there ever was a time to get your friends or family to join, now would be it!

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited period of time
  • Once an end date is communicated, it will be the last day to activate on the promo plan. The promotional price will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer you can sign up for the promotional plan in self-serve. Just paid for your next 30/90 days? Don’t worry, you can future date a rate plan at any time during the promotion. This means after your current service period is up, you will automatically be switched to the promo plan.  Just make sure you future date your rate plan while the promotion is available because once it’s gone, you won’t be able to get it!

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in the promo, you will need to call into the call centre in order to change your plan to the promotional plan. Please note that once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and you will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers

As a new customer, you can sign up for the promo plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only so, if you want to take advantage of it, be sure to activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service.

Public Mobile Community team

263 REPLIES 263

@CalvinW keep in mind, phone plan prices just went up everywhere else. Koodo virgin and ect now charge $70 for 2gb, where it used to be $60. So im not too too shocked to see a small price jump here 

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am Haha exactly what I thought, even my grandma knows about the $40 Fall promo.

@smp99 wrote:

@Jeremy_M wrote:

No @smp99, this is a display error and it is currently being corrected.

Ok then, what about this senerio

pick this, then switch to 6GB - that drops to $84 or $26/month after autopay. That is a pretty sweet deal too.

If that one is real I am switching my wife to that for sure!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@smp99 wrote:

I noticed that if I pick this plan and then switch to CdaWide, the price stays the same at $165/90days. Is this correct?

Those wanting Canada wide calling should perhaps jump all over this before the pricing fix is applied.  I already have a free option for Canada wide calling, so it's not something that interests me.

smp99

@Jeremy_M wrote:

Ok then, what about this senerio

pick this, then switch to 6GB - that drops to $84 or $26/month after autopay. That is a pretty sweet deal too.

@smp99, that is a great find and an even better plan!!!  @Jeremy_M, is this correct or an error

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ute1978

@smp99 wrote:

I noticed that if I pick this plan and then switch to CdaWide, the price stays the same at $165/90days. Is this correct?

Yeah, you are right.....Must be a glitch. If we can get Canada-wide for the same price, why take province-wide?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Jeremy_M wrote:

@will13am It doesn't hurt to share, maybe there paying more or have less coverage with their current provider - Sharing is caringRobot Happy

@Jeremy_M, I care way too much.  My test of whether I would recommend anything is would be to practice what I preach.  I would not get this plan myself and so I would not recommend it to others.  Zoomer offers a $36 plan with 2 gigs that provides for a loyalty offering of double data after 6 months of service.  I am pointing people to that at the moment. 

smp99

It's more like 165 minus 6 if someone signup for autopay right
It's like 159 for 90 days I would say still not bad specially for those who with big companies and paying sky high prices I know lots of people's paying average 100-120 a month
For them it's a win win plan
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

That is correct @smp99

smp99

I assume we keep all of our referral credits if we move to this plan.

That was super fast! On my end @Chaos_Scorpio I'm a little slow today, it's Friday 🙂 I need a cup of Joe!

Chaos_Scorpio

RFD posting saw this before you announced it ... rotf ... 🙂 

I guess better late than never to make it official. Robot tongue

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@will13am It doesn't hurt to share, maybe there paying more or have less coverage with their current provider - Sharing is caringRobot Happy

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is too pricey for me to recommend to family and friends.  They are aware of the 2016 fall promotion pricing.  I would not want to be questioned whether my motives are to pad the referral credits.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Awesome! A spring promo. Thanks for letting us know, @Jeremy_M

Time to get out those SIMS for referrals.  Robot Happy

Gotta love Promos! let hte influx begin!

Awesome! I'll try and switch some of my friends if they need a new phone plan. Seeing as how prices just increased (its now $70 for 2gb and unlimited calling at koodo)

It's a great plan comparing current cellular market it's still a best option available
It's not always about price it's about services satisfaction and peace of mind public mobile offering all of these with great prices will update my family and friend circle
Thanks @Jeremy_M
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

SWEET new plan to share and bring on more customers!!!  Thanks for the update Jeremy time to get the word out for more referrals!!!

collin1215
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
:l better than nothing
Need Help? Let's chat.