Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dave is making his final curtain call

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

There are a few days in my career that I will never forget:

• October 31, 2013, when I was told we had bought Public Mobile and they wanted me to help transition customers to the TELUS network, pending Competition Bureau approval.
  • November 29, 2013, when the Competition Bureau approved the acquisition of Public Mobile.
  • December 3, 2013, when I first stepped into the old Public Mobile office at Yonge and Davisville in downtown Toronto.
  • And tomorrow, February 28, 2020, as my last day leading the Public Mobile brand. Yes, you read that right. I have made the tough decision to leave Public Mobile.

It’s been an incredible 6 years full of ups and downs. From the infamous $40 for 4GB LTE in the fall of 2016, to scrambling to manage system challenges and repeat defects that sometimes felt like a cruel game of whack-a-mole, to having a dear friend and Public family member, who was an original Oracle, pass away too early – rest in peace Martin.

Over the years, this community has helped hundreds of thousands of people. What I’ve been most proud of is how this community has always held our feet to the fire to be better. Your feedback has influenced our investments and focus over the years and, wow, is some great stuff coming in 2020!

Public has truly become a brand that is more than just a transactions-focused, weekend discount machine like some of our competitors. Public is about you and built by you, with the Community at its core.This is why we shifted our logo to represent you better. Every letter in the logo is different and changes all the time, representing the individual nature of each of you, yet when put together our letters (and you) all make Public Mobile.

Together we’ve become the fastest growing wireless brand in Canada. We crush our peers in customer retention. We’ve become the number #1 wireless brand for Likelihood to Recommend in Canada as of Q4 2019. We deliver the most affordable wireless on the best network in Canada. And we’ve done all this together by doing wireless differently in Canada, even when everyone said this was not possible.

It doesn’t end here either. We have some incredible things in our back pocket that will begin to roll out shortly. Public Mobile will continue to improve and I am proud to leave it in an incredible position, with a passionate and committed team, to continue to move forward. We’re for you and always will be.

May you always enjoy affordable wireless service at Public Mobile. Thank you for all of the memories!

Dave

84 REPLIES 84

PsyJade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Happy retirement! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. 

kimmycooper

Yes he has a great job  I've had every provider and PM is by far the cheapest and best

kimmycooper

Sounds like you had an awesome job . Good luck on your next challenge.  

Newfiescreech

So sorry to see you go Dave ..Take care and enjoy your next adventure in life .

Hawkeyerffr

Can’t wait to see what’s next

thomask
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Dave_M

live long and prosper.

Hawkeyerffr

Best of luck on your next adventure 

kenny1993
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Congratulations. Very nice to hear you speak so positvely about Public Mobile. I'm hoping for a good experience!

Asima

Good luck and best wishes always wherever you go.

Loree

Hi Dave you are right ''ups and downs'', but as long as all of us work as a team trying to solve the problems we have as a community we will be more than ok.

Thank you for your kind words to all of us. Good luck in the future.

JoshMc

Good luck with everything, Dave.  All the best.

-bernie-

Have a happy retirement, thank you.

Gwenel

Good luck wherever life takes you.  You are leaving an amazing project.

Nubee

Well done,,!  good luck in your future endeavours. 

😁

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Best wishes to you Dave 🙂 

Billymack06

Good luck on all your future endeavours. 

Chihuahuas_cool

Thank you for your wonderful work I love Public Mobile best phone company I've ever had even when I had a issue they got it fixed instantly. I'm excited to see where Public Mobile goes and I'm glad I'm here for the new ideas and things to come

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you Dave & wishing you all the best for your next adventure.

It's been about 3 years since i joined PM - i think for the 4G/$40 hectic special & since then the rest of my family & some freinds have moved over (wit most recent freinds joinng in the last 4 months).  I actually defected with the Koodo migration in order to have 1 account with phones deals but everyone else is super happy with PM. 

I think there's been lots of great things over the past few years...some great specials, special gifts add ons, some great plans & still offer value.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Rachelsloan

Best wishes!! Don't know you personally but heck, you seem great! All the best 

Starshoot

Best of luck Dave!

bc731

All the best with your future endeavors!

cynthia_sahagun

Good luck in your next endeavor. Thanks for your help ,Dave! 🙂

Tone89

Thank you Dave! 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dave_M in my few years here you've definitely done an amazing job in putting Public Mobile on the map.  I hope you are truly proud of yourself and your amazing team for all the amazing work that's been done over the last few years.  I definitely think Public Mobile is an amazing service provider, yes there are some thing that can be better, but htat's just how life is, nothing is 100% perfect, but I know your focus was trying to get as close to that 100% as much as possible.  

Amazing work, and I wish you all the best in your next career.  You will be missed. #mambaout

Dlysh113

Best wishes and may you showcase all your skills in the upcoming future Dave!

moalkhatib

Good luck on your journey! ... & Congratulations on your new adventure.

Sarlye

Wishing you good luck and success in your next endeavours.

thank you for creating this wonderful community ❤️

cory_c

Although we have never met, going forward - I wish you all the best.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dave_M Thank you for your contributions to making Public Mobile the telecommunication company that it is and to the Public Mobile community as a key element of that.

Good luck in your next endeavors.

It would be nice to possibly have a hint of your next endeavors as well as the other upcoming changes at Public Mobile.

Thank you and Best Luck for the future.

Tracer

Thanks be to you Dave! You saved me $65/month on my cell phone bills and I know many people who are seriously considering switching over

It's great to still have stayed on the Telus network while enjoying such savings, all thanks to you!

Take care

Need Help? Let's chat.