cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Holiday Contest

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The Community Holiday Contest has closed - winners will be selected and announced by the end of January.

Hey Community,

The weather outside is frightful, but we’re hoping we can bring you some extra warmth, and show our appreciation for your on-going support and contribution with a Community-exclusive contest running in parallel to the More is Merrier campaign. (Spoiler: Yes! You could potentially win both contests!)

How to enter this contest:

• Between December 14th and December 31st, 2020, 11:59PM EST, comment below your favourite holiday memory (Limit one post/entry per customer)
  • We will select 20 winners at random to receive a one-time 1GB data add-on

Please make sure you read the contest rules before entering. 

We hope you like this extra holiday joy from us! Thank you again for choosing Public Mobile, and we wish you all an amazing holiday season.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Contest Rules:

Spoiler

Community Holiday Contest

CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY 

No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share, in the Public Mobile Community post, their favourite holiday memory. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant. 

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs from December 14 to December 31, 2020 at 11:59pm ET. 

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE

There will be twenty (20) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize: 

One (1) one-time Public Mobile 1GB Data Add-on 

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW

A random draw for all Prizes will take place on or about January 4 at approx.12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.

In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (30) business days after prize has been awarded. 

1. PRIVACY

By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. 

1. OTHER

All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

354 REPLIES 354

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Pirate1 

Lol......Of all the years to have wished for a green Christmas!

Pirate1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My favourite memory was when i was 12 years old waking up Christmas morning to find my very first brand new snowmobile in the front yard with no snow.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Great Contest public mobile! Keep them coming.....     

I have always loved Christmas and now I really enjoy the giving part but as a kid its all about the getting.... my parents managed and we knew not to ask for extravagant gifts but as a teenager in 1982 with long rides on the bus to get to school I really wanted a sony walkman and was diligently saving up my babysitting money to eventually buy one. Coming in at well over $100 it was going to take quite awhile. I knew better than to even ask for it.

That Christmas as we cleaned up all the used wrapping paper after opening our gifts i found one gift that had gone unnoticed with my name on the tag from Santa. I unwrapped it expecting a stocking stuffer type gift only to reveal a brand new walkman! It was so unexpected I started to cry! It didnt matter that it was a "valkman" or some other generic brand like curtis the fact my parents had gone to such lengths to get me an "extravagant" gift that I wanted soooo bad is a holiday memory I will remember forever.....love you Mom and Dad!

Happy Holidays everybody!

DavidTheOne

My favourite holiday memory is the first time I hosted our annual extended family Christmas gathering of 50+ relatives. I felt all grown up. Especially missing those type of gatherings this year.

Thanks PM.

Profbob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Welcome to Canada! I’m glad you appreciate the snow… You will know that you have truly become Canadian when you both love it and object to it at the same time, LOL! In the meantime, enjoy! (Hint: snowballs are the best part!)

Thats great @happynow1 . Where did you come from and how long ago? Likely way too late now (nah, its never too late) but Welcome to Canada! Were glad you’re here.

AE_Collector

happynow1

Hi. First winter in Canada. I grew up where snow was not something we got so Christmas in Canada was magical. Love the white Christmas. 

Klept

My fondest memory was spending the dinner evening with family and then meeting with friends online for a late game of left4dead. The tank killed us many times but we eventually beat the campaign! Thankfully we can still do that again this year

Morgan20

My favourite holiday memory is going roller blading with all my family. Wish it could happen again this year! 

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When I was a young lad, my brother and I would wake up around 5am on Christmas Day, and quietly run to the living room and tear open our presents. Ah the memories!!!!

Profbob

My family did something similar a few years back: we strolled the Christmas Market in Vancouver with light snow drifting down and drank hot, spiced tea, ate German bakery treats (and a couple of authentic churros, to be honest) and listening to Christmas music!

Profbob

Your story reminded me of something from when I was about 5? .. 6?  I used to think my Dad was the biggest cheapskate in the world because all the GOOD gifts were from Santa, LOL!

rhkjcfp

My most favorite X'mas memory:

In 2012, a 4 days short trip to Regensburg, Nuremberg, visiting X'mas markets. Holding warm mulled wine in a mug , strolled in the market, browsed stalls to watch those lighting and immersed in the holiday mood. When returning to Toronto, upgraded to first class seat. 😀

wleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My favourite Christmas memory is getting 7 Christmas presents from my mum when I was little!

LoreckAvery

my favourite Christmas memory is announcing our first pregnancy. We wrapped up the pregnancy test in a cigar box and gifted it to both sets of grandparents!! It was epic! 

WestEver

My best Christmas memories come from the time I was a kid same age as Ralphie in "The Christmas Story".. practically all same _story_ including licking the iron on frost.. that very time when I started suspecting that Santa's steps sound like daddy's.. but.. no, no! Santa does exist ))

Profbob

So true! And applies to a LOT of things ...

UFO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Didn't find anything memorable until we hit 2020 -  we all took xmas gatherings for granted until we are not allowed to host any this year.  Now all the previous xmas gatherings are so memorable to me. 🙂

Profbob

Reminds me of a family summer holiday: supposed to be camping but it was raining so hard we opted for a motel - found one that was technically closed but the owner took pity on us for one night. There is good in the world!

Khan_505

Getting stuck in snow storm with collage friends on our way home from winter holiday. Luckily find a hotel which allowed 5 people in room. We were heavily charged for it but no price for safety.

ansonc

Cookies on christmas day!

Mattredwingsfan

My favourite Christmas memory as a child was waking up to read that note Santa Claus always left my sister and I (next to the half eaten Christmas cookie he always said was his favouritism). To this day my mom, sister and I still make the same special Christmas cookies

Profbob

My favourite holiday memory is from when I had just finished my undergrad degree. A friend of mine lived in and operated a campground and offered cross-country skiing in the winter. That particular Christmas, we had finished grooming the trails and closing up for the day and were sitting in his cabin with tea and home-made elderberry cordial watching looking out at the snow in the evening's blue light - it was so tranquil and beautiful!  His Christmas tree had the old-fashioned lights that used real candles and the whole thing was just perfect!

PubComBkm

We make up and drink a martini per day all through December! Technically they're cocktails but still. Cheers!

aragingbull

Ah mine would be that everyone was home on the Dec 24th, 25th, 31st and Jan 1st b/c we all work different shifts so it's quite rare that all of us had those days off. Something simple yet memorable.

wdmelnyk

Watching "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" dressed as Cousin Eddie!

103chahal

My Favorite Holiday Memory was spending the christmas break in Magic Kingdom in FLorida and also going to Orlando.

sparky4514

My best holiday memory when my first of daughters were born. I put a few decorations out in the front yard. And 40 years later it has turned into a full blown yard display with lights, figurines, animals and toys as well as sound that tells christmas stories.People come from miles away to check it out. The children that grew up in our area and used to come by to see it are now bringing their own children by to show and tell them their story of growing up here. We now have great grand children, so I guess won't be stopping anytime soon.. So, the memory continues year after year.

HO HO HO!

deeranger

My favorite holiday memory is from when I was 14 years old and I rmbr getting the newest PlayStation as a surprise on Christmas Eve. My dad told me had gone all over the city at different stores to get it. Was a great Christmas!

PMcust_LT

In 2007, I travel with my cousins and his friends during the holidays to Toronto.

Long ride, snowy and cold period. We laughed and made jokes during the trip. Played board games in the hotel. Very different than my usual Christmas holiday where I tend to stay home and have a simple family time.

Need Help? Let's chat.