cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jlund
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Community Holiday Contest

One of my favorite memories is talking about how my friend and I could convince Santa to let us go for a ride in his sleigh and meet the reindeer. That conversation came up a lot, for years, as kids,  just before Christmas.

aloggie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My favourite Christmas memory is watching my then 2 year old daughter opening her gifts, she was so excited she was literally shaking.

abTest
Mayor / Maire

Got to be putting up the tree as a child. 

RM4

Counting all the presents under the tree with my brothers waiting for the moment Mom and Dad gave the okay to open!  

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Gee thanks Public Mobile for being such a wonderful giving company!

My favorite memory of the Christmas Holidays was as a child growing up when our family was not able to afford much so Christmas gifts were pretty scarce.  However, we always looked forward to receiving gifts from a special family friend who bought us kids the hugest of gifts, one for each of the children.  What joy would fill our hearts when we received that large set of packets!  This special person was not even a relative but she gave such joy to our family. 

She is now long passed away - God bless her soul!

Alternate

Contest Entry for Community Holiday Contest

My favorite memory is that of my God-mother, she used to buy me clothes and pretty dresses and dolls for Christmas.  She really made Christmas memorable for me.

Tags (3)
Rooselark

My best Christmas memory is trudging through snow at the Christmas tree farm with my young kids in tow.  Marvelling at the trees and getting THE TREE of our dreams.  The wonderful pine smell in the house is so reminiscent of Christmas.

Miramichinbl1

My favorite memory was everyone you normally never heard from all over world calling too talk too everyone. This was a bit different time the phone was connected too the wall and no screens just pick up and dial or pick up from ringing. You never knew from no call display who was on the other end until you answered 

losingch

Watching the kids run down the stairs Christmas morning super excited.

mpcdesign
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My holiday Christmas moment is on Christmas Day, where my mom would make and brew a pot of porridge (in Chinese, called congee, or jook.) My mom has made it since I can remember, and it goes back 44 years ago when I was six years old. She would get up at 6 or 7 in the morning and start prepping and cooking it within minutes. The congee would simmer on the stovetop for a few hours until lunchtime. 2020 would be the first year where we won't be together as a family of 12 due to this lovely thing called covid. Although my mom has let it be known, she is still making it for us to do a drive-by and pick up a few bowls to go!

Mama, you da the best!

Need Help? Let's chat.