cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Holiday Contest

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The Community Holiday Contest has closed - winners will be selected and announced by the end of January.

Hey Community,

The weather outside is frightful, but we’re hoping we can bring you some extra warmth, and show our appreciation for your on-going support and contribution with a Community-exclusive contest running in parallel to the More is Merrier campaign. (Spoiler: Yes! You could potentially win both contests!)

How to enter this contest:

• Between December 14th and December 31st, 2020, 11:59PM EST, comment below your favourite holiday memory (Limit one post/entry per customer)
  • We will select 20 winners at random to receive a one-time 1GB data add-on

Please make sure you read the contest rules before entering. 

We hope you like this extra holiday joy from us! Thank you again for choosing Public Mobile, and we wish you all an amazing holiday season.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Contest Rules:

Spoiler

Community Holiday Contest

CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY 

No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share, in the Public Mobile Community post, their favourite holiday memory. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant. 

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs from December 14 to December 31, 2020 at 11:59pm ET. 

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE

There will be twenty (20) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize: 

One (1) one-time Public Mobile 1GB Data Add-on 

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW

A random draw for all Prizes will take place on or about January 4 at approx.12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.

In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (30) business days after prize has been awarded. 

1. PRIVACY

By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. 

1. OTHER

All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

354 REPLIES 354

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The cat I had when I was growing up would love sleeping under the tree, we had a super fuzzy tree skirt for her to lay on and she often looked so very happy sleeping on it. She always seemed disappointed when it went away again but got excited again when it came back the next year.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I don't have any particular memory, it's more the feeling that comes every year around the season, people are so happy and it's contagious. 

yanzhiqiang

My favorite Christmas memory is set up Christmas tree and lights.

RobMBB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  1. My favorite Christmas memory is being about 8 years old and getting up at about 4 am to see if Santa came...and then going back to bed.

beaujangle

My most memorable Christmas was in 1950.I was 17 and just arrived from east Germany to

West Germany with the only clothes I wore..I was united with my mother and siblings who were bombed out during the war,and lived in a small coldwater flat.Things were very bad.But for Christmas we got a large  C.A,R,E, Paket (Parcel). from a charity .Inside was a canned turkey ,coffee and other items .The most importend a lot of used clothes,There were dresses for my yonger sisters but for me a winter coat  from Cashmere Wool. and a dress  that fitted.The first proper winte rcoat that kept me warm for many years.I still wished we could have thanked the American people who donated the stuff.

fricstix
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My favourite holiday memory is building a tobogganing hill with my cousins and family and riding down to the bottom over and over again!

tonewbeginnings

My favorite holiday memory is spending a whole day skiing with childhood friends that came home for the holidays a few years ago. It was special to me because they don't come home often.

mo160319

My favourite moment during the holiday is being with myself, working out, and reflecting on the past year while preparing for the next one. 

raknahss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trekking expedition !

Xquzme

Getting my Kuwahara BMX bike as a child under the Christmas tree.....something I will never forget.  Rode it in the basement as there was snow outside.

andy-plivecom

This is a great promo with the free call and 1GB date.  

Happy Holidays!

Farkle

Favorite memories at Christmas included family being all together, hanging stockings, wonderful cooking smells!

Alison20

Holed up as a kid with my hilarious favourite cousin, listening to the newly-released-at-the-time Grease movie album on repeat.  Happy times. 

michaelch

I always loved setting up the Christmas tree. It's always such a family affair and really brings the spirit home.

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

A snowy Christmas with all the family over and the wonderful feeling of exhaustion and relief once the turkey dinner is on the table and everyone is eating.  

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Winning both of these contests would be great

Chipster

The delicious smell and amazing taste of warm cinnamon buns on Christmas morning.

Hawkeyerffr

Helping feed the homeless and less fortunate 

Mikeyd1

I was working in Germany from 1980 to 1984, and in 1981, we had our first and only "white Xmas" during that time.

Ozilady

Favourite Christmas memory is from when I was a child, around 11-12 at Mum and Dad's house and all (and I mean ALL) the family, Great grandparents, grandparents, Aunts on both sides, Uncles on both sides, their kids and their kids.  The house was full.  The women would all putter about in the kitchen and dining area, setting up the food festivities for lunch.  There was the adult table and the children's table.  Must've been at least 30+.  🇦🇺 

trooper0169

Waking up when I was about 6 yrs. old to a model train set up under the Christmas tree for me on my uncle's farm.

Airborn

Favorite memory = win both contests from Public Mobile!

Pawprints1986

As a kid, waking up ridiculously early to open gifts, waking my parents was a whole other task. But eventually, we were all awake, all gifts open, playing with new things and sipping hot chocolate all before the sun even started to rise ❤

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

The year we got a fire place and all the family kids came over to send letters to Santa. Apparently, this was the most effective way to get your Holiday wishes to the Big Guy!

annaleepooh

favorite memory is finding good deal on boxing date after xmas celebration.

Sarlye
Favourite memory is go downtown with my best friend to see all the decorated trees contests and the Gingerbread Contests.

toduong

my favorite memory is able to spend a xmas in a warmer country in Caribbean. 😀

poohchai

Favorite memory was cuddling in bed watching xmas movies all day.

LG2

Trying to sleep at night as a kid but too giddy with excitement. Hearing my parents shuffle around the house getting everything ready, creating the magic ❤ Oh to be a kid again!!

Emeris

Getting freebies from Public Mobile! 😀🎄❄️

Need Help? Let's chat.