Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to select bonus data and promotions

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

With the change of seasons, we also have some changes to bonus data and promotions. Last night, as you may have noticed, we discontinued the following promotional plans:

• $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed
  • $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed
  • $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

While these promotions are no longer available, have no fear. For starters, we’ve made the decision to offer something similar to the $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed promotion available in the calculator as $50 for 6 GB + 2 GB BONUS at 3G speed. To check out the other changes, all of which are taking effect today, please check out our plans page at publicmobile.ca/plans  or by selecting plans from the top header of our site. 

Have some questions about this change? Check out our FAQs below or post below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

My current plan is one of the promotional plans. At my next payment due date, am I required to select a new plan?

If you would like to continue on your current plan at your payment date, no change is required.

I am currently on one of the promotional plans, and am considering switching to another plan. If I don’t like my new plan can I simply switch back to the promotional plan I was on?

The short answer is no. After changing your plan, you can only change to another in-market plan. For example, this means that, if you’re currently on the $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed plan, then switch to a new plan, you would lose access to the $45 for 6GB at 3G speeds offer.

On my next plan renewal date, I chose to switch to one of the following plans:

●     $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

●     $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed

●     $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

Now that these are being removed, what will happen?

If you have setup  a plan change to one of the mentioned promotional plans at your next payment date and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

How do I change my plan? What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our Self-Serve Account Management help article here

47 REPLIES 47

@popping wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

One potential lite use type of plan:

$20 for unlimted talk/text with 250 mb Data.  

This will be a good plan for people want data for MMS only.

You don't need a data plan for the MMS feature at Public Mobile. However, your data connection needs to be turned on to be able to send and receive them.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dunkman wrote:

This will be a good plan for people want data for MMS only.

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman wrote:

I do think the deals are great for people who need more data (like me), but for my kid and some of my older family members, I would love to see a plan like what @Dunkman has listed here. I could probably convince more of my family to join PM with something like this. Even though the standard plan of $25 talk/text with an add-on isn't bad, it's still more than a lot of lite users are willing to pay. I'd also love a texting add-on.

ghune
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think that any business model is based on you spending more money, even though they offer you more for that. They need to show investors that their customers are paying more than before, not less.

Offering a good deal on cheaper plans would hurt them because many would switch from the great 40$/4.5GB to something cheaper (I would!). It's not just about the data, it's also about the money.

I'm personnaly very happy with PM. My budget is and has always been 35-40 dollars for my phone plan. I won't spend more, even though I can get much more... just because I won't use it (wifi at work and at home, I barely use more than 2GB/month). A few years ago, I was paying 40 dollars for 1GB and unlimited provincial calls and now, I have one of the best deal among all people I know.

@mimmo wrote:

@RobertQccan you give an example(s)?

currently

• 25$ talk text only
  • $30 talk text +500mb
  • 35$ talk text +1gb
  • 40$ talk text +2.5gb

@mimmoHow about instead of giving 500mb if you buy 2gb 3G , or bonus 1gb if you buy 4GB 3G ... just give a % bonus to all plans that include 3G data.

Such as if you buy a 1GB plan you get 250mb bonus instead of 0... or if you buy 500mb plan maybe a 125mb bonus. Something % based not only to the "higher priced" plans

bonus.png

The bonus is for $40, 45, 50. Not $30-35

Bonuses / Promotions It seems to only ever be given for the high priced plans.

popping

I like to see text message add-ons to supplement the $10 50/50 plan for using over 50 outgoing text occasionally. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

These new plans are also available for 90 days. I think the previous $50 8GB plan was only for 30 days. There is no price relief for 90 days, but yuo get 24GB spread over 90 days.

mimmo

@Anonymous I listed the current plans so Robert or someone else could give concrete examples of what they were looking for the lite user. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

currently

• 25$ talk text only
  • $30 talk text +500mb
  • 35$ talk text +1gb
  • 40$ talk text +2.5gb

Those are the standard plans. There's no "deal" here.

As I've said on many occassions, and I think RobertQc is saying as much as well, I'd like to see promos on those offerings. Particularly the $10 plan in my case. But promos in the area of $15-$30. Not these $40-$50 promos of mountains of data that few actually use all of.

I said few. Some do. But I gotta imagine most people pay for it and it goes to "waste". They just like having it. And they are of course free to and free to spend their money however they like.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

So the big gig deal is still alive and well but packaged differently.  It would be nice to see a bit of love for the lighter users.

mimmo

currently

• 25$ talk text only
  • $30 talk text +500mb
  • 35$ talk text +1gb
  • 40$ talk text +2.5gb

syantixmanjah

I probably should take that note "MORE FOR MORE" - "MORE MONEY FOR MORE DATA" Smiley Very Happy  for right now.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Brooke_C wrote:

Hey Community,

With the change of seasons, we also have some changes to bonus data and promotions. Last night, as you may have noticed, we discontinued the following promotional plans:

• $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed
  • $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed
  • $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

While these promotions are no longer available, have no fear. For starters, we’ve made the decision to offer something similar to the $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed promotion available in the calculator as $50 for 6 GB + 2 GB BONUS at 3G speed. To check out the other changes, all of which are taking effect today, please check out our plans page at publicmobile.ca/plans  or by selecting plans from the top header of our site. 

Have some questions about this change? Check out our FAQs below or post below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

My current plan is one of the promotional plans. At my next payment due date, am I required to select a new plan?

If you would like to continue on your current plan at your payment date, no change is required.

I am currently on one of the promotional plans, and am considering switching to another plan. If I don’t like my new plan can I simply switch back to the promotional plan I was on?

The short answer is no. After changing your plan, you can only change to another in-market plan. For example, this means that, if you’re currently on the $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed plan, then switch to a new plan, you would lose access to the $45 for 6GB at 3G speeds offer.

On my next plan renewal date, I chose to switch to one of the following plans:

●     $40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed

●     $45 for 6 GB at 3G speed

●     $50 for 8 GB at 3G speed

Now that these are being removed, what will happen?

If you have setup  a plan change to one of the mentioned promotional plans at your next payment date and choose not to make any changes now, on your next renewal date you will still switch to the selected plan even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

How do I change my plan? What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date. We recommend changing your plan on your next renewal date so your money can go further, but ultimately the choice is yours.

To learn more about how to change your plan and other things you should consider when determining which option is best for you, check out our Self-Serve Account Management help article here

@Brooke_CPlease give the regular users a deal next time, its always "big data" plans, where is the deals on $20-30 even $35 for users without much data needs. This is supposed to be public mobile, "less for less" but its always "more for more" .... "more money for more data"

syantixmanjah

Smiley HappySmiley IndifferentSmiley MadSmiley SadSmiley SurprisedSmiley Frustrated

Those emoticons means everything (I mean for some of people). :(:

Not bad.  The $50 plan is the same.  The $40 plans are a bit more expensive.

$40 for 4.5 GB at 3G speed ----> now available for $45 for 4.0 + 1 GB

$45 for 6 GB at 3G speed-----> now available for $45 for 4.0 + 1 GB

$50 for 8 GB at 3G speed (with US calling) ---->  $40 for 6.0 + 2 GB

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Brooke_C, thanks for the update and it is great to see the 8GB (6+2) is still available for $50.  Is the bonus 2GB a limited time offer?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.