cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changes to how you verify that you’re the account owner

@srlawren wrote:

@kav2001c wrote:

Question #2

Why not just scrap the entire "send a private message to Mod"?

Seriously

It seems far easier to go the route your competitors have chosen

(EG, *REQUIRE* login to self serve account, THEN click a button to submit request)

Seeing as this message board community is in no way tied to our actual Public accounts I think it is well past time that method of support is scrapped

@kav2001c I'm hoping this is an interim step toward the full ticketing system, which I would imagine would replace private messaging the mods.  This is purely conjecture of course.

Your question #1 (which I did not quote, for brevity) is also extremely poignant, and leads quite naturally into quesiton 2.

I'm also wondering if this procedure is temporary.  It sounds like almost as if it's a band-aid solution to something that they've been made aware of.

Oracle

This authentication seems similar to the authentication used by the dog brand for live chat interactions where the agent asks for the phone number associated with the interaction.  The customer is then sent a secure link to enter the PIN code.  Upon successfully supplying the PIN code gives the rep access to the account.  With live chat this authentication step is real time.  I see this process potentially increasing the complexity and adding to response time, unless...  this is the beginning of a transition to live chat as a replacement for the current private messaging system. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Adding to response time from the Moderators would certainly not be an improvement.  

Mayor / Maire

@will13am wrote:

This authentication seems similar to the authentication used by the dog brand for live chat interactions where the agent asks for the phone number associated with the interaction. 

@will13am thanks for bringing that up, I was going to mention that too

@will13am wrote:

I see this process potentially increasing the complexity and adding to response time, unless...  this is the beginning of a transition to live chat as a replacement for the current private messaging system. 

@will13am this underscores the need for the help request process to be improved...whether that's through live chat, a ticketting system, or even a more guided web form that asks structured questions and then immediately asks for this verification info up front.  There is significant work left to be done, as the free-form approach currently in place isn't good enough.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Awesome, very helpful  

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541

I was actually comparing to Fido

Freedom system is so incredibly insecure as to make old Public system look good

You can gain access to ANY Freedom account with a 4 digit pin only

VERY easy to brute force hack that

Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c wrote:

@computergeek541

I was actually comparing to Fido

Freedom system is so incredibly insecure as to make old Public system look good

You can gain access to ANY Freedom account with a 4 digit pin only

VERY easy to brute force hack that

@kav2001cNot anymore. They changed the way it works about 3 months ago at freedom, once you figure out that 4 digit code you have 2nd authorization code (good for X minutes) e-mailed or sent as a text message unless you are using the same computer as previously registered with a successful login.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kav2001c wrote:

Question #1

@Alan_K

Is this system *automated*?

I am a bit concerned if this new method requires Mods to respond back to EVERY support request (doubling number of messages required, as well as possibly impacting response times)

Question #2

Why not just scrap the entire "send a private message to Mod"?

Seriously

It seems far easier to go the route your competitors have chosen

(EG, *REQUIRE* login to self serve account, THEN click a button to submit request)

Seeing as this message board community is in no way tied to our actual Public accounts I think it is well past time that method of support is scrapped

Logging in to Self-serve account and writing directly to the Moderators (through a new button) will surely be far more secure and time saving. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great change, I think this will be much more efficient!

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

• I WANT FULL REFUND SENT TO ME IMMEDIATELY. YOU F....... G THIEVES.
  • NEVER USED THEIR SERVICE AND THEY GOT MY VISA NUMBER AND STOLE $65 FROM MY VISA ACCOUNT.PUBLIC MOBILE PEOPLE ARE BUNCH OF THIEVES AND HAVE FRAUDULENTLY CHARGED ME 65$ ON MY VISA. I AM GOING TO REPORT THEM TO THE AUTHORITIES. DO NOT SIGN THIS FRAUD COMPANY