Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified Pre-Owned Phones: F.A.Q

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

As many of you may know, it’s been almost a year since we’ve launched our Certified Pre-Owned phones, and we’re so happy you’ve shared in its growth! 

From our evolving CPO catalogue, to our Community Picks promotions, we continue to offer refurbished phones that are tested, inspected, cleaned and re-packaged to look and function like new. Because of this, we are able to offer them at a price you and your wallet will love.

Along the way, we’ve received some common CPO questions from you. We’d like to highlight a few tips to help you out on your CPO journey. 

Where can I buy a Certified Pre-Owned phone?

• You will only be able to purchase a Certified Pre-Owned phone from Public Mobile on our website.
  • Note: for security purposes, your shipping address must match your billing address during checkout. This will ensure that you get your device as soon as possible!

What’s included in the box?

• An original manufacturer’s wall charger and data cable are included with our Certified Pre-Owned phones. Every CPO purchase will also include one (1) Public Mobile SIM card. 

What is the battery health like on a Certified Pre-Owned phone?

• The battery health of Certified Pre-Owned phones are tested to meet TELUS standards. Battery health may vary upon prior usage. 

What do the different phone grades actually mean?

• Like-new: Someone opened the box on these phones and then changed their mind: it’s as close to perfect as you can get with a pre-owned phone.
  • Great: These phones are just a couple of nicks and scuffs shy of perfect, but have passed all inspections and are the best opportunity for a great phone on a budget.
  • Very Good: These phones were well loved by someone - and now they’re ready for someone new! We took care of the buffing and cleaning, and while they may still have bumps and scratches they work perfectly well, and are our most affordable option.

Is warranty included. What’s the coverage like?

• Yes, every Certified Pre-Owned phone purchased from Public Mobile includes a Certified Pre-Owned warranty valid for a period of up to 1 year. To learn more about our Certified Pre-Owned phone warranty, please see our full warranty, returns and repair policy here .

What if I’m not satisfied with the phone I purchased?

• You can shop with confidence, because we have a 30-day Money Back Guarantee! If you are not happy with your purchase, simply follow the steps in this help article for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase.

To learn more about our Certified Pre-Owned phones, click here.

- Public Mobile Team

77 REPLIES 77

Winning247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is public mobile planning to offer flip phones? I wanted to get one for my dad and he doesn't need a smartphone.

@Spike77 wrote:

iPhone XR 64gb unlocked Kelowna BC 280.00$.   I agree not having warranty is a gamble though

wow.. yes, $280 is a good price.  Is it from private sale or from some mobile store?

I agree PM CPO phones are not cheap.. but the 30 days and 1 years warranty is the peace of mind of the extra you are paying.  

Another reliable place if you dont mind the extra $$ is Apple, but again, it is a lot more expensive for the extra peace of mind

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM Is it known how frequently the collection of phones is updated with other models?

Spike77

iPhone XR 64gb unlocked Kelowna BC 280.00$.   I agree not having warranty is a gamble though

GeekWithTea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the heads up!

@Spike77 wrote:

I can find lot cheaper on local market place 

To be fair, not everyone gives you 30 days refund and 1 full year warranty..

and .. I agree with cheaper.. but "lot cheaper"  ?? really?  🤔

Spike77

I can find lot cheaper on local market place 

Namu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you this is good information to know as I may be in the market soon for a new phone.

jivetalker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice info. But definitive delivery dates are important.

we expressed what improvements needed .. but Jade didn't reply .. only acknowledged with a bravo.    I hope she will take it back to PM seriously and will have some good news for us soon

@softech wrote:

@J_PM   

1. do you have a more solid promise regarding delivery time?  Most problem we had before was people waited and unsure if the phone was even sent out and no way to ask (other than open ticket with PM) .

This really cannot be overstated. There has to be a delivery date, even if it's only tentative. And there has to be some kind of order tracking system, even if it's imperfect. I've had a referral (and I know about another) who bought new unlocked phones at London Drugs (and at Staples) - they weren't planning on getting their phones all set up weeks or a month later, they simply wanted/needed something working today. Maybe tomorrow at the latest.

How much worse it would've been for them if I didn't provide some of my spare PM SIM cards. Another week or three of waiting and uncertainty before one (maybe) arrives? And no method of confirming or requesting the order status except opening a support ticket with the stupidbot? I betcha they'd have gone to Lucky instead because they could walk out of the kiosk with working phone and working phone service in their pockets. Even if they couldn't get the device or the deal they really wanted.

jsoul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Awesome additional information, the CPO condition explanations are so important for the consumer.  Also makes it easier to refer friends and family.  May also get a CPO myself if anything happens to my current phone. (knock on wood) 😆

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

Pretty nicely explained for people who may have questions regarding pre-owned phones. Thank you!

@J_PM 

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear that pm is responding to feedback from purchasers. Congratulations is in order for the successful launch of CPO phone sales by Public Mobile. There were doubters at first but the frequent OOS on the website just goes to show how popular the sale of these phones are by pm that have filled a gap in the marketplace and have gained the trust of consumers who have been willing to purchase CPO phones and get a 1 year warranty the same as with the purchase of a brand new phones. Well done.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM

Nice blurb of the CPO program ! 

Great alternative for current and future Public Mobile customers.

Heck, even non-Public Mobile customers can participate.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM   

1. do you have a more solid promise regarding delivery time?  Most problem we had before was people waited and unsure if the phone was even sent out and no way to ask (other than open ticket with PM) .  Would be nice if there is a Expected delivery stated clearly (one week or 2 weeks),

2.  Will there a  better way to find out the  order status (order received, pending deliver, delivered with tracking number , etc ) ?

Also we seen people with phones sent out but returned back to PM due to wrong address or so.  but user was never aware of it.  I assume for whatever reason, user never receive a tracking number and hence unable to track.   

3. you mentioned an interesting point,  your shipping address must match your billing address , will the system able make sure there is no chance for people enter a different address?

Thanks 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Great additional information for prospective buyers.

Need Help? Let's chat.