cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Three Cheers for Bargains! It’s Thrift Shop Day!

I always give than receive. And boy do I give.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Found a perfectly working record play once with some random vinyls of artists I’ve never heard of before.

Mayor / Maire

I WIN.

Since visiting multiple thrift shops is an almost daily occurrence I should win this... random competition but seriously. I will never forget the value village employee carrying out a receiver from the back sorting room as I see MARANTZ I tell the guy I WILL TAKE IT. And he says there is a huge pile of these. My heart started to race, I literally had butterflys in my tummy. A pile (literally) of Carver, Rotel and Marantz used audio equipment new cost was around MSRP $30,000 paid $79.99 sold for ~$4,000 on craigslist/kijiji

Oracle

Mine great find was actually at a garage sale where i got 2 skycaddie good gps's with all the clips and holders for $5. I didn't need one of the mounts and was easily able to sell it for $10.

My daughter says i have to tell her story now lol. She is 8, just last week she got an Our Generation doll at the thrift store for $1. She was so happy with that deal

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

@RobertQc wrote:

I WIN.

Since visiting multiple thrift shops is an almost daily occurrence I should win this... random competition but seriously. I will never forget the value village employee carrying out a receiver from the back sorting room as I see MARANTZ I tell the guy I WILL TAKE IT. And he says there is a huge pile of these. My heart started to race, I literally had butterflys in my tummy. A pile (literally) of Carver, Rotel and Marantz used audio equipment new cost was around MSRP $30,000 paid $79.99 sold for ~$4,000 on craigslist/kijiji

Never hoard tech, lol.  That's why these expensive units end up at the thrift store.  Your story is further reason why my story should win.  We should not just focus solely on the purchases, but also the generous donations of items we no longer want/need but would be fantastic find for others.  It is better to give them to receive.  For all these reasons, a giving story is a slam dunk.

Oracle

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

I WIN.

Never hoard tech, lol.  That's why these expensive units end up at the thrift store.  Your story is further reason why my story should win.  We should not just focus solely on the purchases, but also the generous donations of items we no longer want/need but would be fantastic find for others.  It is better to give them to receive.  For all these reasons, a giving story is a slam dunk.

This was never a competition about giving against finding,it was a thread to share your story of a great find. 

Enter our contest! Just comment below with your best thrift store find by Friday, August 24th at 12:00PM EST and we will randomly select three winners to win a $50 Public Mobile credit!

I personally have also found those who give the most say the least about it

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The complete set of The Sims 2 (Base game, all expansions and stuff packs) for $2. I love that game, still have it loaded and play it. Love controlling their lives Smiley Very Happy

Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

I WIN.

This was never a competition about giving against finding,it was a thread to share your story of a great find. 

Enter our contest! Just comment below with your best thrift store find by Friday, August 24th at 12:00PM EST and we will randomly select three winners to win a $50 Public Mobile credit! 

Come to think of it, since these are supposed to be random winners, anyone could simply concoct a fake bargain story and win.  It could be the most boring deal or even a purchase of terrible value and still win, as long as it meets the contest entry requirement.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I never been to a thrift store, but finding a clearance item is pretty close lol. Cheap t-shirts!!

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have found so many good shirts and pants there