Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors – July 2018

Abdallah_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

July.png

Hello Community,

We would like to thank everyone for the great conversations and for encouraging fellow members to seek support and answers on the Community.

Special thanks to the Community members listed below for supporting other Community members with their questions, providing detailed answers and building on the solutions provided by others.

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

oracles.PNG

We would like to tip our hats to these awesome folks below for their efforts on a daily basis.  The efforts of the Top 1% are truly amazing! 

top10%.PNG

We also want to give a shout-out to the following  members who have been active on the Community as well...   Keep it up!

top1%.PNG

Once again, congratulations to all our contributors for July! A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

english reward chart.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

bravo star.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

accept as solution.png

To learn more about how the Community works, visit our Community Knowledge Base Article. 

78 REPLIES 78

BoatyMcBoatface
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good job everybody

retsina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Congrats everyone and myself. 🙂

abclilly

Congratulation!

Chimples

Wow! Congrats guys!

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congratulations and thanks to all contributors and moderators.

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations and thanks to all contributors and moderators.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541 nah, someone else can have Toronto or Montreal.  I may have been hatched in the greater T-dot, but I'm a west-coast man, through-and-through.  This has been home for > 2/3 my life.  Left coast is the best coast!

ok, fine.  I officially proclaim @srlawren Mayor of Vancouver, or at least in the Public Mobile universe.

@computergeek541 why, thank you!!!

That would be a neat twist if PM actually assigned cities to us "mayors", eh?  @Brooke_C @Alan_K I know you've got bigger fish to fry but hey wouldn't that be fun if the mayors could be "Mayor of <choose your city here>" rather than just "Mayor"?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I pick the right coast!! 😁

GC 

@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541 nah, someone else can have Toronto or Montreal.  I may have been hatched in the greater T-dot, but I'm a west-coast man, through-and-through.  This has been home for > 2/3 my life.  Left coast is the best coast!

ok, fine.  I officially proclaim @srlawren Mayor of Vancouver, or at least in the Public Mobile universe.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous I sure wonder what else that man would have accomplished had he not joined the 27 Club!

I don't know. He was pretty consumed by the booze.

And hey while I'm here saying something...congrats indeed to all the rewarded participants. I got top 5% two months in a row. And I've only been here 3 months. Not sure I can keep that pace up every month though 🙂

@Luddite wrote:

I like @computergeek541's response. I do agree the Community payouts need tweeking from time to time, BUT that is a nicety not a requirement for me. I use PM only because it meets my needs at the best price in Canada. 

PM is not suitable for everyone, nor is Community participation. Anyone participating just for the Rewards will be sorely disappointed with the payout for the effort needed. If it brings no joy spend your energy helping some other organization. For example, I have been away for a bit using my energy to help a friend.

That's what Ralph says anyway. He's been irked lately because he's been missing a spot in the limelight. Wearing the correct colander is a must to catch his thoughts though.

RalphRalphcopper colander.jpeg

Ralph looks hungry.

I think that the rewards definitely contribute to people being here, but it shouldn't be the sole or main reason.  I don't believe anyone is going to come out and say that they don't want the rewards - I mean - of course we do.   And the community rewards just happen to make it so that it's possible to get a very inexpensive cell phone plan. The payout really is nothing, espcially considering that there are only so many top spots available.  The friendly competition means that you have to spend many hours in a month to get the $15 amount. I would say that I average 2 hours per day, easy.  Total that up to 60 hours in a month, and that $15 means $0.25/hour.  Even spending that amount of time doesn't even guarantee that payout.  If I simply go for a walk for an hour, I could possibly find more than that 25 cents in dropped coins on the sidewalk.

srlawren

@Anonymous I sure wonder what else that man would have accomplished had he not joined the 27 Club!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

Echos of Jim Morrison...the west is the best.

Except for the fires.

srlawren

srlawren

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 nobody needs to keep you in line.  You're among the most consistent voices of reason in the oracle group.  But thanks for the kind words.  [ EDIT: you know, other than calling me a traitor!  😉 ]

Hey I didn't call you a traitor I said trader.  As in you traded your PM plan for a Koodo migration offer.  If you were a Traitor you would have left us here for the Koodo forum!!

@ShawnC13 touche!  I do actually participate over there too but it's not nearly as busy (or fun) as here.  And my better half is still with PM so I still have a vested interest around these parts.  🙂

I like @computergeek541's response. I do agree the Community payouts need tweeking from time to time, BUT that is a nicety not a requirement for me. I use PM only because it meets my needs at the best price in Canada. 

PM is not suitable for everyone, nor is Community participation. Anyone participating just for the Rewards will be sorely disappointed with the payout for the effort needed. If it brings no joy spend your energy helping some other organization. For example, I have been away for a bit using my energy to help a friend.

That's what Ralph says anyway. He's been irked lately because he's been missing a spot in the limelight. Wearing the correct colander is a must to catch his thoughts though.

RalphRalphcopper colander.jpeg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

Full disclosure:  in case anyone (newer members maybe?) don't know, I am a former oracle myself.  I also keep in regular touch with the current crop, so I am definitely not unbiased in anything oracle-related.  

For the newer members and those that might not know of @srlawren's time as an Oracle he was someone that I was able to get information from and was always and still is helping me now.  This is someone that is here to truly just help out people. *cough cough trader koodo migration offer*  There are many members that could easily be an Oracle but he should still be or even higher.  When he says he keeps in regular touch with us he means checks in on me keeping me in line.  Thanks for all that you have done and continue to do @srlawren.  3 Tags that should get his attention

He could easily be an oracle even if he no longer wants to title.  We should force him to take it back. Heck, if he's a mayor, then he must be the mayor of Toronto or Montreal, while I'm only the mayor of Brantford (not saying anything bad about Brantford - just using it as an example of city smaller than than the large ones).  I would say he should at least get a rank of Senior Mayor.

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 nobody needs to keep you in line.  You're among the most consistent voices of reason in the oracle group.  But thanks for the kind words.  [ EDIT: you know, other than calling me a traitor!  😉 ]

Hey I didn't call you a traitor I said trader.  As in you traded your PM plan for a Koodo migration offer.  If you were a Traitor you would have left us here for the Koodo forum!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just want to chip in and say that the oracles are awesome members of the community who have spent significant amounts of their time to personally volunteer to assist and help people. The rewards that they are getting are just peanuts in proportion to the time they have used to help people. They really deserve more compensation than what they are currently getting rewards wise.  

pakmode

Congratulations All !

shartomjam

Congrats to all reward earners (I was going to say winners but earners is way more appropriate).  If you have been part of this community for awhile, you will know that the Oracles and other consistent top rewards members are more than worthy of any rewards they receive.  Thanks to all of you!

@srlawren wrote:

Full disclosure:  in case anyone (newer members maybe?) don't know, I am a former oracle myself.  I also keep in regular touch with the current crop, so I am definitely not unbiased in anything oracle-related.  

For the newer members and those that might not know of @srlawren's time as an Oracle he was someone that I was able to get information from and was always and still is helping me now.  This is someone that is here to truly just help out people. *cough cough trader koodo migration offer*  There are many members that could easily be an Oracle but he should still be or even higher.  When he says he keeps in regular touch with us he means checks in on me keeping me in line.  Thanks for all that you have done and continue to do @srlawren.  3 Tags that should get his attention

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

Some great discussion on this thread.  Sometimes on these threads I tend to mostly "tune out" by the 2nd or 3rd page but this one has been interesting.  I think it's indeed important to remember that we are all volunteers here, at any rank or title, other than the people with "PM" beside their name, and pretty much all of us have other obligtations whether it's caring for dependents or family members, working part or full time, volunteering for charities, or just living life.  

The other interesting bit of perspective is that yeah it's a $5 / 30 days difference between oracle and top 0.1% (that is attainable).  That's $5 / 30 * 365 = $60.83 a year extra reward the oracles are getting.  It's not worth giving them flack! 🙂

PJC

@kav2001c wrote:

Actually to add to what @computergeek541 mentions

A $20 reward sounds like alot but it really is nothing

Contrast this to the Koodo Mobile Masters (Oracles)

Koodo sends them among other things FREE HARDWARE

So being in the top10 rankings can net you a premium device for FREE such as a Samsung S9

Technically the phones are classed as "loaners" but if they offer to send you a new phone every 6 months (or whatever the cycle is currently) would you say no?

Public is a low cost / no frills operator

You mean I've been trying to climb the wrong corporate ladder this whole time?? Sounds like the real party is over at Koodo!

Acekiller

congratz everyone!

jp2

@imm1304 wrote:

Congrats to all the top contributors!  

I had to take a prolonged time off for personal reasons.  I see some new names on here.  Look forward to catching up and interacting with you all.  

Thank you to all those who participate and make our community so wonderful.  

Personal issues or saving lives in the ER should always take priority over peoples phone service. Don't sweat it Smiley Happy

@stonechucker

The irony to me is asking a Luddite to unionize a group of people who use cell phones

Bad history with machines and all

We better make sure they never find out where Simon's program is being stored

Cat LOL

@kav2001c, I don't know man, I'm pro-union all day, but we got a pretty good increase this past couple of months.  Theoretically, they could run out of reward dollars for us, and that wouldn't be good. 

@will13am

Cat LOL

Asking @Luddite to unionize

@will13am wrote:

You have a point.  The top contributors need to unionize and lobby for even better working conditions.  I nominate @Luddite as our illustrious president as when he talks, the decision makers listen.  The community forum is far more valuable to Public Mobile than the the Koodo forum is to the Koodo service.  We need reward paritiy adjusted by forum importance.  Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.