cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTEST NOW CLOSED: It’s Ditch New Year’s Resolution Day, But We Still Believe in You!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

It’s the last week of January and you know what that means. All the people who said they’re going to hit the gym, eat healthier, and read more books are sliding back into their old ways. We understand. Keeping a resolution for a whole year feels as difficult as going a whole day without checking your phone. But we don’t want you to give up! So here are five awesome tips to help you keep going strong on those resolutions:

• Recruit A Friend: Get a bud and hold each other accountable. It’s easier to work towards a goal when someone is keeping tabs on you. Don’t let them down!
  • Embrace the Slip-Up: The plan was to do yoga three times a week, but life got in the way and you skipped a couple days. That doesn’t mean you should throw your yoga goals off a cliff. Accept that you messed up and get back in the studio ASAP. 
  • Make Specific Goals: Redefine your goals by putting numbers on them. “I want to save more money,” should be changed to, “I want to save $100 a month.” And by the way, you can save big time by getting your phone plan down to $0 through our rewards program.   Learn more about it here.
  • Treat Yo Self: Did you swear off sweets for this year? Once you have gone two months without eating dessert you deserve a nice big slice of guilt-free chocolate cake. Rewarding yourself can be the fuel that pushes you to keep moving forward
  • .Just Do One Thing: Having multiple resolutions can be overwhelming. You’re asking yourself to change your whole lifestyle overnight. If that’s too hard, pick one resolution and put all your focus and energy into that.

Use those tips and we know you can do it!  Comment below by 12:00pm ET on February 3 and tell us your New Year’s resolution and how you plan to keep it and we’ll randomly select three winners to receive a $50 Amazon eGiftcard to help you keep your resolution. Go back and read tip number two if your resolution already went out the window. Stay strong everybody! Contest runs January 27 to February 3, 2020. Read Contest Rules before entering.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

Contest Rules

Spoiler

New Year's Resolutions Contest
CONTEST RULES

1.       HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY 
    No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share, in the Public Mobile Community post, your 2020 New Year’s resolution and how you are keeping it. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant. 

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs January 27 to February 3, 2020 at 12:00pm ET. 

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE
    There will be three (3) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize: 

One (1) $50 Amazon eGift Card

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW
    A random draw for all Prizes will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario on or about February 3 at approx.12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
    In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (7) business days after prize has been awarded. 

2. PRIVACY
    By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

1. QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. 

1. OTHER
    All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

144 REPLIES 144

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Thank you to everyone who entered our New Years Resolution contest! Its great to see that many of you are on track to meet your resolutions (for those of you who made them)! I want to give a big congratulations to our three winners @darlicious@Ortho, and @Krista8279! They're all winners of a $50 Amazon e-giftcard that will hopefully help them with their resolutions. 

Thank you again to everyone who participated, and good luck with meeting your goals for the rest of the year!

- Tiana 🙂 

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

And it is now closed . Thanks for the opportunity to enter 

Rlarocque11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Nope, no ditchin of resolutions for this guy. Im stickin to er so I can be all buff n stuff this summer. Settin the expectation bar a little lower though with every pizza and beer. 🙂

Elittle01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I never was able to fulfill my resolutions. However, October 2019, I decided that I will keep a resolution to eat healthier and to start exercising. In the new year's, I resolved to continue. 

I am still eating healthier but keeping a cheat day where I can have a limited quantity of some junk food or dessert. It's been helping me so far. In regards to exercising, I am going to the gym with a colleague after work so we both motivate each other to work out.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Oh I never made new years resolution, I'm one of those people who postpone all the improvements to September:) just a habit from school

Nightwing

A New Year's Resolution is made on the first day of the year and usually lasts for...the same day? In 2020, do people still follow this tradition?

Cupcake23

Every year is a fresh start - no pressure required. Take one step at a time to make your goals a success or at least a version that you feel is a personal level of success.

FallenAngel

I just joined a gym last week and strive to go 4 times a week. I try to keep my goals by planning ahead and getting rid of potential excuses.I bought a membership for a gym about 5 min walk away from my office so I can't make the excuse of not wanting to travel to excerise 😛

Not exactly a new years resolution though since I didn't start on new years.. was trying to avoid the super busy January rush xD

sunmelki

My resolution for 2020 is to be happy Smiley Happy

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Well I always try to quit smoking but it stresses me out too much that I need a cigarette!

Krista8279

My New Year’s resolution is to improve my health by exercising.  Shoveling all this winter snow is keeping me on track....lol

Jeff8279

My New Year’s resolution is to not eat before bed.  So far so good and a good help was not watching the Food Network Lol 🙂

Roadrunner7811

I started mine a bit early...in November. I wanted a healthier lifestyle, so i talked to my boss and have been able to exercise during work for 30 minutes every day and found its getting easier and easier.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

My new years resolution is to try to stop running afowl of the local birds and keep the birdicide rate down to one a month and cut down on my fat intake....that sour cream is just so tasty! I like to dip wings in it.What? Is there something on my face?What? Is there something on my face?

@homer   Bonjour. Bienvenue Public Mobile!

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My new year resolution: learn some French! 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To eat a healthier diet and to get more sleep by avoiding screen time before bedtime.

Tony_Xu

Let's save more money in the new year with public mobile!

Sunshine-754

My New Year's Resolution is to get more sleep.  I am planning to keep by not drinking coffee before bedtime and stay away from the internet.

grandic

I'd finnaly need to go diving with sharks this year !😃

SAW

Didn't make a new years resolution but would love to win this contest. 

ljdemont
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Recruit a friend!

LDD

Make specific goals. Thanks PM.

Blumsden

My new year's resolution is to schedule my entire day out( like everything) and be motivated to stick to those times so that I meet the goals that I have in life/carreer. I am big into setting goals but I find it hard to stick to them (unless it's watching more netflix) so I'm programming an app to help people stick to their goals. If anyone has any ideas for that kind of program drop me a note because the more input the better!

LoveMyBolt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My resolution is to let more nonsense run off my back. The big meh. Whatev's. I think it should be more relaxing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I don't really do resolutions either so I hope this is a valid entry.

Or fake it 'til you make it...I resolve to aim to be a snowbird. I'm done with snow and ice and cold. It might take a few more years but will that work as an entry.

erinc2001

My resolution is to eat healthier, sleep better, and be more active but I'm mainly just trying to do these step by step. Progress is still progress. Even if it's 0.00001 progress units or something like that yeah. Happy 2020

JGC

Goal: Understand the big questions in quantum physics - not the answers, just the questions.

I  got an answer yesterday that determined what my resolution for 2020 will be....exactly three decades to the day I met my husband.☘

I want to be lucky this year. More specifically I'm counting on the luck of the Irish and maybe some divine intervention from my late jackeen husband so that I'm third time lucky on March 17th when I go under the knife for a third time to fix my hip/THR . This is the most difficult surgery to date so I'm hoping with a lot of luck this one will be successful.🍀

If it  is I will count myself the luckiest lady living limp free, pain free and cane free.  Maybe by this time next year I can finally fulfill 2014 new years resolution....to hike to top of the North shore mountains.🏞

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Some people might have a resulution to be more active on the Public Mobile community and plan to acheive there resultion by entering and engaging in with competions such as this one. 

Need Help? Let's chat.