Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BLOG]: Physical Distancing Tips from the Public Mobile Team

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

I hope you’re all doing well and staying healthy! To say that the last few weeks have been a bit of an adjustment for Canadians would definitely be an understatement - we’ve all had to make some changes to our daily routines in light of physical distancing efforts. It’s important that we all do our part to flatten the curve of COVID-19 by staying home as much as we can. This means that many of us are staying indoors a lot more than usual and I can imagine that many of you, like myself, are getting a little bit stir-crazy. With that, we wanted to share some of the ways that the Public Mobile team has been occupying themselves while physical distancing. 

I’ll start us off! 

Tiana (Community Lead): I’ve started doing workouts and yoga in my backyard when it’s sunny. It provides a nice break to my day and helps me get off my couch, but it's also a great way to be outside but avoid coming into contact with too many people on the street or at a park. I typically just search up yoga videos on YouTube and follow along as best I can. 

Julia (Customer Base Management): My favourite activity at home lately has been finding a fun recipe online to try out. Sometimes it’s an elaborate dinner or a sweet classic like chocolate chip banana bread. I make do with the ingredients I already have or put things on the list for my next grocery run. Great sites for food inspo are bonappetit.com, foodandwine.com, and of course, Google!

Alan (Self-serve Strategy): With the weather warming up in Ontario, I have been getting back into running recently which has helped take my mind off of things! Exercise helps make the mind and body healthier which is absolutely essential. My long term goal is to conquer a 10K. When I’m not moving around, I’ve been loving Ozark and Community on Netflix.

Sarah (Manager, Support & Innovation): I have taken this time to try to learn some new skills! With the help of YouTube, I’ve really enjoyed learning how to do calligraphy (shout out to @thehappyevercrafter), paint my own cards, juggle and cut my own hair (!!). I am not good at any of them yet but it’s fun to be a student again. If anyone has any resources that may help me on my journey, please let me know! 🙂 

Some other activities the team is getting up to include: 

• Virtual book club
  • Organizing photos and scrapbooking
  • Binging netflix
  • Going on walks and rediscovering the neighbourhood

If you’re getting restless at home, maybe try out a few of these activities and let us know how they go! The PM team is also looking for ideas on what to do at home, so reply below what you’ve been up to while physical distancing. Do you have any tips on how to stay social and connected with others? 

Stay safe and please remember to stay home as much as you can. 

- Tiana + The Public Mobile Team

58 REPLIES 58

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@zblackma 

I don't find things too bad yet except for the fact I haven't been able to get a haircut.

Finally had enough and buzzed it this morning, though there really wasn't a lot to take off on the top. Just wish I could get my arms to work right in the mirror when trying to do the back. 😋

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So, anyone sheared their hair off yet? Just asking how the distancing is going? Hope everyone is healthy and going strong.

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

Those are all great activities and ideas and very helpful during these times.

People are really getting restless.  Myself I am usually a busybody.  Like exercising such as swimming (pool is closed), doing exercise videos at home (others say too much noise in the house from the movements.  

Thought I would take this time to stop and smell the roses.  Very difficult from going from being really active to almost sedentary.  Not good. 

I have been doing some easy reading (magazines), cleaning, reorganizing (found $50), baking and thinking about what to do next.  Almost finished doing my income taxes, should be completed by tomorrow afternoon.  Filing deadline moved to June 1st, 2020.

@Eliza5

Superapoon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will play badminton with my families in front of the house, or clean up my closet during this period. 

@titi 

Paul, vous devez aller sur votre compte libre-service puis cliquer sur effectuer le paiement. Ensuite, vous pouvez payer avec une carte de crédit ou un visa. Il est également judicieux de configurer Autopay afin de bénéficier d'une remise supplémentaire de 2,00 par mois. bonne chance.

Bonjour @titi Paul. Vous devez ajouter votre carte de crédit dans votre compte en libre-service. Voici un article sur la configuration du paiement automatique https://www.publicmobile.ca/fr/on/get-help/articles/set-up-autopay

Connectez-vous et voyez une capture d'écran pour savoir où le faire Lors de la saisie de vos

Screenshot_20200405-185454.jpg

informations de carte de débit / crédit:

1. Entrez l'adresse de la carte de crédit telle qu'elle apparaît sur votre relevé (mettez tout en majuscule si nécessaire).

2. Laissez le champ de l'appartement vide, le cas échéant, entrez votre apt dans le champ d'adresse postale, c'est-à-dire xxx - adresse postale.

3. Entrez votre code postal sans espaces (s'il y a un espace sur le relevé de carte de crédit, entrez les 5 premiers chiffres uniquement avec l'espace).

Merci. Restez en sécurité.

Mary73

I love boat trip with Cuba Gooding jr, and a night at the Roxbury with will ferrell.

seen them both more then a few times, always makes me laugh.

titi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

BONJOUR MON NOM EST PAUL NOEL JE VEUT VOUS FAIRE PARVENIR UN PAIMENT AVEC UNE CARTE DE CREDI MASTERCARD CANEDIEN TIRE ET PUIS JE NE SUIS PAS CAPABLE DE VOUS LE FAIRE PARVENIR ON LINE SUR LE WEB ,,,IL YA T'ILS UNE FACON DE LE FAIRE AUREMENT MERCI

RM4

We’ve been watching more movies than ever before also. The best rewatch this week was “Get Smart” with Steve Carrel. The whole family was crying and cringing with laughter at the airplane scene. What are your best comedy suggestions?

Newf2000

My family has been watching movies just about every evening these days. Im usually an Action /Thriller kind of person.

All we watch now are comedy movies and we usually have a good laugh during these tough times. Also don't watch the news too much.

Mary73

Ok, never mind I’ve got it, thanks 

Mary73

Thank you, but about the three dots in the corner, it doesn’t say edit in there or correct.  And what do you mean about my info, does it show all my info.  I’m new to this.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mary73 

IMG-2710.jpg

click the 3 dots on top right delete your info in this public forum.

Thank you very much for your hard work as a nurse, you are working hard so we can 

stay safe. Thank you very much.

@Mary73 wrote:

Sorry my autocorrect said plan but I’m a LPN nurse

There's an edit function available to members. In the top right of your message post, there is a menu to get that done.

Mary73

Sorry my autocorrect said plan but I’m a LPN nurse

Mary73

I everybody, I live in NB and social distancing looks like it’s working here, keep on the good work and stay safe.  Like for me I still have to go to work because I’m plan in a nursing home, so stay safe and at home, will we take care of your love ones.

PsyJade

Some great tips. Thanks. To keep busy I've been tapping into my creative side and making tie dyes. I call it my colour therapy. I really enjoy it. I've also been making sure to spend some time outdoors. I live on a mountain near a lake, so there's plenty of nature to escape to. 

@Danilorpaixaoo wrote:

Wow! Really nice tips. I’ve been reading several books on different topics. Besides that, and most of the time, watching movies and TV series on Netflix has been my second option. I’m glad there’s a terrace at the top of my building where I can enjoy the sunny days, and keeping the social distancing. It has helped a lot! 

Hope everybody stay safe end healthy! 

So good to hear get that knowledge!

I am starting my own youtube channel for financial awareness during this time and going forward. Recorded my voiceover last night. Time to pick up new hobbies and run with it! 🙂

Danilorpaixaoo

Wow! Really nice tips. I’ve been reading several books on different topics. Besides that, and most of the time, watching movies and TV series on Netflix has been my second option. I’m glad there’s a terrace at the top of my building where I can enjoy the sunny days, and keeping the social distancing. It has helped a lot! 

Hope everybody stay safe end healthy! 

Princesseplume

Makes sense. Wouldn't say no to that.

nguifombeoh

Post well elaborated.  PM thank you 

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious I'm alive and well! I've been busy with a lot of things recently, but I will try my best to pop up every now and then. It's a crazy world right now.

Stay positive!

Ed

@Ed404 wrote:

I love hearing about the Public Mobile Team, but I wish it was under better circumstances.

Stay safe 🙂

Look everybody!!  Hes alive ! @Ed404  youre back.....so the rumours of your demise were just wild tales from crazy people. Happy to hear your still with us safely socially distant.

Ed404

I love hearing about the Public Mobile Team, but I wish it was under better circumstances.

Stay safe 🙂

limdewell

Yes, good point.

I also heard, and it will vary by province, that some sort of discount is coming down the pipe from insurers, regardless of client actions, because there are fewer cars on the road, which equals less risk.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@limdewell wrote:

I'm new here but assume the public mobile community is frugal and savvy financially. Why not take some of the isolation time to look for more ways to save money?

Review your insurance policy, look at refinancing mortgage or other debt as rates have dropped once again.

Look for a better deal on your cable, internet, or phone rates. 

That's how I ended up here 😀.

It can be an easy way to save/earn/find money while at home.

Thanks for the warm welcome so far.

Stay healthy.

If you are working or isolate at home, call your auto insurance to change your policy from driving to/from work to driving for pleasure.  It will be at least another month before lifting the restriction.

limdewell

I'm new here but assume the public mobile community is frugal and savvy financially. Why not take some of the isolation time to look for more ways to save money?

Review your insurance policy, look at refinancing mortgage or other debt as rates have dropped once again.

Look for a better deal on your cable, internet, or phone rates. 

That's how I ended up here 😀.

It can be an easy way to save/earn/find money while at home.

Thanks for the warm welcome so far.

Stay healthy.

jor123

Stay safe, everyone!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mpcdesign wrote:

@popping snow? Seriously? I can't rub that in with a friend who moved from Vancouver to Calgary. Granted, he now owns a house, and I still in a condo. 🤔

Are you sure that your friend was not moved to some where else than Calgary?

I thought everyone left Calgary after giving their house key to the big bank and walked away from their mortgages...

Sorry, with the COVID-19 and low oil price... empty street...  I thought I am back to the early 1980s recession.

@popping wrote:

It started this morning as wet snow. Snow is on my yard and driveway now.  4" to 8" snow by tomorrow night.  Spring snow is common in Calgary.  We do not plant anything outside until May long weekend which is over a month away.

At least that will keep people home. Here are the headlines in BC:

“Highways, ferries filled with long-weekend travellers despite requests to stay home”

Need Help? Let's chat.