Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Ready Test on November 25, 2020

Vivian_Y
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community,

On November 25, 2020, provincial and territorial governments will be conducting another test of the Alert Ready system. Alert Ready is designed to deliver critical and potentially life-saving alerts to Canadians. Test alerts educate Canadians on what an emergency alert will look and sound like in the event of a life-threatening situation.

The test alert will be distributed on TV, Radio and wireless. However, not all Canadians will receive the test alert on their mobile device. This may occur for a variety of reasons; device compatibility, connection to an LTE network, cell tower coverage and device software and settings.

To learn more about the Alert Ready service, what devices are supported, and the test schedule for your province or territory, visit alertready.ca.

- Public Mobile Community Team

39 REPLIES 39

I actually like these alert announcements.

It lets me test and fine-tune the finicky SMS-CB stuff in my modded messaging app, lol. The more heads-up I get the more devices I can get ready for the event.

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for the alert about the alert.  Can you send out another alert to remind us of the upcoming alert?

😂

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good to know!

wbg13
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for the fyi

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Vivian_Y Thanks for the notification! Hopefully, everything would work well.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks for the heads up. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for keeping us updated.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for alerting us

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Vivian_Y Thanks for the information !