Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate any $30+/mo plan online and get $10 off for 6 months

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From November 26 to December 2, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, customers who activate online on a $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans) can get $10 off every 30 days for 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card.
  3. During the activation process, select a plan that is $30/mo or more.

Here’s what else you should know:

• 30 day and 90 day plans are eligible for this offer.
  • The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts on December 3, 2018. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into suspend or an inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here. For FAQs, check out the spoiler below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Spoiler

FAQs

Question

Answer

Can this promotion be combined with the current Refer-a-Friend promotion?

Yes. This promotion can be combined with the current online Refer-a-Friend offer. If you refer a friend who enters your phone number as their referral and signs up on a plan that is $30/mo or more online then you are eligible for the Refer-a-Friend credit and your friend will get the Refer-a-Friend credit AND this online promotion. 

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

273 REPLIES 273

Freshane
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes it's available in bc I see the promo when I click the main page. Good luck

@Freshane wrote:

Awesome so many ways to save. One last question.. how does the voicemail work for public mobile? Do you phone in enter a password And how many voicemails do you get?

Voicemail: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Voicemail-Limit/m-p/28067#M3357 and

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

S15smallblock
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is this promo available in BC? other provinces show it on the home screen. BC still shows the $25 refer a friend promo

Freshane

Awesome so many ways to save. One last question.. how does the voicemail work for public mobile? Do you phone in enter a password And how many voicemails do you get?

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

@GreatCanadian, it's great that you've found an offer to current subscribers previously that you're able to benefit from.

Sadly, some of us on the Fall 2016 Promo have received very few offers we can make use of.  Still on province-wide calling, still paying base cost of $120 for 90 days, getting total of 12 GB of LTE Full speed.

Would love to see something that betters at least two of those factors, without hurting the other factors.

@stonechucker This question is not argumentative in any way. Is there any reason that you need LTE speeds? I'm just wondering if the old $120/90 day plan is as attractive as it once was. I would assume that some of your usage demands LTE speeds?

GC

@Freshane wrote:

Thanks guys appreciate the speedy help.. so the only thing I need to do is buy a simcard from Walmart or are they free? When you activate at Walmart you don't have to pay anything that's why I wanted to do it there. But don't want to miss out on the 10 off promo. 😵

@Freshane

The SIM is $10. If you combine this offer with the $25 referral promo your SIM card cost is off set and you get a $15 towards your next month's bill. (It will show as $25 credit in your self-serve acccount after a couple of days.)

And just to say it again: You need to go into a store, buy the SIM, go home, get a referral from a current Public Mobile customer, and do the online activation yourself to qualify for this promo and the $25 referral promo.

Carld123

@Freshane

Promo states.. Purchase a sim card..sign up Online..

Freshane

Thanks guys appreciate the speedy help.. so the only thing I need to do is buy a simcard from Walmart or are they free? When you activate at Walmart you don't have to pay anything that's why I wanted to do it there. But don't want to miss out on the 10 off promo. 😵

Carld123

@loves_tweet

Was advertised here as of today..

loves_tweet

interesting...where was this deal advertised?  I am a PM member and also follow on facebook and didn't see the deal!  I am looking to switch my husband over from Rogers.

loves_tweet

I don't think so.

@GreatCanadian, it's great that you've found an offer to current subscribers previously that you're able to benefit from.

Sadly, some of us on the Fall 2016 Promo have received very few offers we can make use of.  Still on province-wide calling, still paying base cost of $120 for 90 days, getting total of 12 GB of LTE Full speed.

Would love to see something that betters at least two of those factors, without hurting the other factors.

@Freshane wrote:

I'm  with Fido and want to take advantage of the $10 off offer. Can I go to Walmart and get them to add the plan I want and everything and get them to add this promo?

>> NO, online activation required

The $50 8gb plan has unlimited talk Canada and usa is there any hidden fees??

>> NO PM is totally prepaid, so if you attempt something not included in your plan it just will not work 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Freshane wrote:

I'm  with Fido and want to take advantage of the $10 off offer. Can I go to Walmart and get them to add the plan I want and everything and get them to add this promo? The $50 8gb plan has unlimited talk Canada and usa is there any hidden fees??

You need to activate online for this promo, not at a retail location

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

GreatCanadian

There have been plenty of offerings for current customers. Since I first joined, here are some of the offerings I have taken advantage of:

1. Switched from Province-wide to Canada-wide calling.
  2. My data allotment has increased by 1 and a half GB.
  3. Numerous account credits for referring customers (my most recent being the 25 dollar promotion credit)

All of this (and more) while my plan price has dropped by $5 (well, my current plan is $5 cheaper than my original one - yet with more features and data). Add in the monthly and community rewards, and I am paying about 10 bucks a month for my plan ($0 last month). I do not feel the least slighted when a promo comes out that targets New customers only. That's life! And life is too short for me to be upset that someone paid a few dollars less than I did for a product!! I'm content with knowing that I am getting a fantastic deal for a product that serves my needs. And it keeps getting better.

GC

Freshane

I'm  with Fido and want to take advantage of the $10 off offer. Can I go to Walmart and get them to add the plan I want and everything and get them to add this promo? The $50 8gb plan has unlimited talk Canada and usa is there any hidden fees??

This is not new to Public Mobile.  New promos have been frequently offered to new activations only.  A new activation is considered a new SIM card, on a new plan.  In this case, a $30+/$90+ plan on a 30/90-day cycle.

flashasif

Thanks thats a better idea...

flashasif

No thats ignoring existing customers and not doing anything for voluntary churn..

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@flashasif you could always port out then port back in.  You would lose ant referals rewards etc.  Many people did that during the freedom targeted promos.

I understand the fustration, but most of the promos are to get new customers. If it was open to all existing then pm would be losing a boatload of money, as I bet more than 1/2 are on plans greater than $30.

Carld123

Thats retail...sales come and go..

flashasif

Hi Mod,

Why excluding the exisitng subscirber base in this promo? If a person want to upgrade to higher plan he/she should be getting the same discount....rather then loooking for deals else where??

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow, great deal, Public Mobile! I'm sending emails to family members now. I tried during the $25 referral to get people to switch over, but this sweetens the deal even more.

dna2016

Definitely a great offer, good job PM.

@kravnos that sucks, but that's the nature of retail, new deals can pop up anytime.  

@mimmo wrote:

@ShawnC13 Is this really targeted? It's for new customers only, as the 35+25 or the second month free promos, not a specific subsection of new customers.

I know chatr  offered or used to offer 10$ off for 8 months with autopay. 

@mimmo wrote:

@ShawnC13 Is this really targeted? It's for new customers only, as the 35+25 or the second month free promos, not a specific subsection of new customers.

@mimmo, I would say it is as it is only new activations any current $30+ plan does not get this.  When plan pricing is affected in other promos all could take advantage.  

I see your point with the free second month and that.  I guess I am just really looking for something exciting and market disrupting like they did 2 years ago.  We are no longer with the PM that was the innovator and leader in promos where others had to react to what was happening here and that saddens me.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

More coming as well.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hmmm first time in awhile where it is a trageted promo (last one was Freedom customers) and not all existing customers as well?  Will this be a new trend or is just the Cyber Monday offering?

@reachme

You can either port directly when you activate your SIM card online

Or you could activate a new PM number first, try the service for a day or two and then port your number afterwards online by choosing the change your phone number option/tab.  

Keep your porting information simple:  just include your Rogers account holder name, account number and of course phone number.  Don't need other extra information such as PIN, IME, etc.

Carld123

Sign up with Pm... Then once you have your account there is an option that says change number..there is the porting from another wireless option there...

Need Help? Let's chat.