cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Junk Texts!

pomlady7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I have been with Public Mobile for years with the same number. 

The last few months I am getting a lot of Junk Texts, ie: "getting an online job" or from "political parties", etc. 

I just delete them and report "junk mail" but I still keep getting them.  

Just wondering if everyone is having the same issue?

I am with another provider with my other phone because I want to keep the original phone number and the exchange has not been available so far with PM and I do not get very many "junk texts" with them!

I also have been going to Mexico periodically over the last couple of years and I need to be able to phone home and from what I understand I can not do that with PM from Mexico.  The person at home can answer my phone calls on the PM phone, just not call me, so we use Facetime for that.

I would be happy to switch over if it were not for that!

Thanks for any replies.

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@pomlady7 

You can use WhatsApp on wifi with your PM number if all parties are on WhatsApp too.

Terryscell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There is a tone which tells computers that the number is disconnected, and some - not all, will remove that number from their calling list. I have recorded it on my greeting: It has reduced phishing calls significantly. You can get it by Googling, or it's on Wikipedia. Look for "Phone disconnected tone".

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

you can avoid those junks. 

Sometimes, it is totally random, the systems generate random numbers and send

sometimes, they target and phishing that way.  Your number is tie to a particular service provider.  For example, they will get all the Rogers numbers, then send out fake text saying your Rogers account is suspending soon if no action..blah blah blah

So, just ignore those text and never never click on the link on the text. 

pomlady7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi thanks for the reply.  I kind of doubt I gave out that number for anything to be honest as I don't give my phone number out very often.  I don't even answer my phone if I don't know who it is; if they want to leave a message then I will return their call if I want to.

Thank you though for taking the time to reply.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @pomlady7 

this is not because PM leaks your number or not, they are simply spam you will get on any carries, too.  If you port your number to another carriers, you will get the same junks

probably you put in your number somewhere (maybe for draws or some online reservation systems), and the number got picked up by those spamming sites

Need Help? Let's chat.