cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: A letter from Dave on the recent changes

there is no such thing as a free lunch. Economics 101. Nothing in this world is actually free, no service is free. There is always a cost somewhere. If you expect something to be "free", you'll be disappointed. 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have anyone seen Super Dave yet ? Just reads a letter from Dave 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@phoneemail

I actually agree with you that there should not be any data usage for using the online community, but do you really need to keep repeating that you are able to successfully predict the outcome of court rulings? It's distracting from your main argument.

If you want to go to court, good luck. No need to keep emphasizing it here. I think everyone's tired of hearing it.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm going to be honest here and say I'm not entirely understanding everything that you're saying. 

You're askng that PM have a free data if you need technical help.  While perosanally this isn't a bad idea, there is something called "net neutrality" that this country has, which prevents ANY cell company from offering free data for anything. There doesn't seem any way to skirt these issues. I believe it was Bell that got into problem when they were offering 5 free hours of TV on all cell plans that *wouldn't* affect data usage. The CRTC ruled against Bell. 

You are also mentioning how Rogers is charging $1/MB and how much this is costing you and somehow related to this. 1) Even if PM could skirt the rules and disregard "net neutrality" legally, it would only affect users of PM, not other cell companies (including Rogers). 2) If you're mentioning $1/MB in regards to PM, it's not that expensive. A 1 GB data add-on is $30, which works out to 3¢/MB.  Otherwise it's even cheaper if you have some sort of data on your plan. This site is not data heavy, due to lack of pictures and multi-media. Even worst case scenerio, at 25MB as you mentioned, that is 75¢ that you'd be out, at a max. 

You could try taking PM to court an all, small claims maybe, but in all honesty, a judge would throw the case out. 

If I am correct in sorting out what your complaint is, you might be out 20¢ in PM data charges from using this site. That would be your financial losses. 

Your headaches from dealing with PM are understandable. However, courts, again, won't be of much help. Every person has had technical issues with all companies, be it their cable, cell, internet, or whatever.  

If you really want to take it to court, go ahead. Let us know how it turns out. Don't be upset, though, if the court rules against you and asks you to pay court costs for Telus.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sheytoon wrote:

@phoneemail

I actually agree with you that there should not be any data usage for using the online community, but do you really need to keep repeating that you are able to successfully predict the outcome of court rulings? It's distracting from your main argument.

If you want to go to court, good luck. No need to keep emphasizing it here. I think everyone's tired of hearing it.

The court won't agree with the OP.  I think everyone needs to understand what 'net neutrality" is, and how it affects wireless companies and their clients. You cannot have domains and subdomains that are 'data usage free'.  The technology is there. It's easy to get done. That's not the issue. The issue is how the CRTC views 'free data'.  Free data has to be either all inclusive or it can't exist.  Sub-domains and domains was actually one of the findings that the CRTC talks about when it comes to net neutrality. 

Legally, what the OP is asking for is simply not legal and any judge would be quickly educated by the legal team of Telus. 

FIDO has found a loophole in the law, which they are allowing 1-hour sessions, 5 times a month, where data usage isn't counted. However, that data is all-inclusive. You can use it for anything. 

PM could give a one time credit of perhaps 50MB for technical issues to all users, or whatever they feel is the right amount.  

Really, does anyone know how much data this site uses? Can't be that much. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My god people can be so god **bleep** stupid.. they do it for selfserve. So by your saying is that selfserve should also have data charges.. also net neutrality does not apply if a site like this site is used for technical support and or help with the providers services. 

net neutrality is for offering services such as TV ip or VOIP that gives preferential treatment. And does not apply for support. How else can we get support? I guess then Public will have no choice but to provide phone support. As I WILL BE TAKING TELUS/PUBLIC to court. It could also be false/misleading anddeceptive advertising saying service  is cheaper because no phone support and not tell you that if you use your phone to get support you will be charged by using your data usage. Wow telus where do you get your legal team from? 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@phoneemail wrote:

1.) They have no legal standing when it comes to their TOS/TOU/TOA ECT (A judge said this sone years ago when someone took rogers to court)

3.) Public/telus charges DATA when using the Community to get help and or support. Why charge data when its only way to get support?

5.) The hassle/waste of time just to get account 100% working (I wasted 2 days of my time)

I'm sure any judge would rule in my favor for the listed above reasons.

@phoneemail you do realize law is far more complicated than that (I hope)

Trust me contract law does apply to the TOS and they are enforcable in a court

I am suggesting you do not understand the judges ruling on a random Rogers issue because there is no way a judge could override hundreds of years of precedents

If you notice in your TOS there also is a severability clause for that very reason

If one section is found to be invalid they can sever it and remaining clauses of TOS are still valid without need for replacement contract

Out of curiosity though what was the Rogers issue?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@phoneemail lol what? How could any judge order this?

@phoneemail wrote:

Ok and it did not work out because? What because of bandwidth telus has to pay for?  I can guarantee that a judge would say atop charging data usage or provide phone support. 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

impossible to port number or get new one!

can someone please help me sign up and port my numbers...i have 2 accounts i want to bring over but for the last few days i have been trying to navigate this horrible website with no prevail and endless errors trying to activate/port a number and wont even let me "get a new assigned number" and then port later....this is not a good way to get customers, and im ready to give up.....been trying to get the deal that ends tomorrow but the way things are going and how difficult it is to actully contact someone for help in this company is rediculous!

Oracle

Re: impossible to port number or get new one!

@rtseking  it is always best to start your own thread and not tag onto an older thread.

What exatly is happening i what part of teh process is giving an error?  have you tried incognto mode or  a different browswer?  sometimes a tablet works as well.