cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthieu_C
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: A Letter From Dave: Reflecting on our journey together + Introducing our 5 Days of Giving!

My best holiday deal was two drones for my nephews.  What would have cost me $80 each, I paid only $16!

Smitty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: A Letter From Dave: Reflecting on our journey together + Introducing our 5 Days of Giving!

Without a doubt, my best holiday deal has been joining Public Mobile! The monthly savings add up really quick and I couldn't be more thankful.

CHarding

Best deal of the season thus far is buying a new galaxy S8 for a hundred bucks, unlocked no contract.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm not one to buy many things during the holidays. Usually just give money if it's a holiday gift via red pocket, obviously that seems a lot less personal but I end up not knowing what to get them anyways and I don't want to buy them a gift card they won't use.

Stuff that I bought this year during black friday was a 2 in 1 coffee maker for $10 + free shipping, and electric kettle for $10+ free shipping from living.ca. On their sister site, prime cables, I purchased 2 power banks for $2 each, and a OTA antenna for $3. Also free shipping. Mostly just random or actually useful stuff to use around the house without spending much.

Evanjms
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My best holiday deal/hack would definitely be making all those sweet homemade decorations and skipping on those premade, storebought kind 🙂 Public Mobile is always helping me pinch those pennies 😉

trillium

best holiday deal you’ve ever gotten--Well that would be the Wolf oven we recently picked up as our holiday gift to each other.  It was on sale at The Bay (10% off), then if you got one of their credit cards another 10% off.  Hubby immediately said no to the card, however, I said wait a minute--that's a lot of money!  So, we got the card and 20% of the expensive new kitchen toy.  We were quite pleased with our find.  Cheers, Linda (thanks for the fun contest!)

Whatzhisface

My best deal? You mean something I bought for the holidays, not neccessarily public mobile related? That would be a snowblower I bought for my parents. Saved $200. Happy Holidays!

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Ok

Its not nice but best deal I ever got at Christmas time Cat Wink

Went to local Costco to buy a new DSLR camera

Card gets rejected at check out (?) so just paid cash

Went home and after talking to bank found out (approx) $800 of fraud on card so it was suspended

Bank said they would reimburse me the amount before Christmas

After waiting a few days I called em to yell at em why it was not fixed yet since I actually need to USE my card for Christmas shopping

Person I spoke to said holidays / backlog / etc BUT would manually apply credit and fix card asap

Day later $800 credit and card works again

Bout 2 weeks after than got a memo from bank and they advised $800 credit was applied. AGAIN.

So I got -$800 fraud + $800 adjustment + $800 adjustment in the end

Free money is best deal there could ever be Cat LOL

sea_monkey

Hope this is going in the right place...my contest entry: I was shopping for an electric fireplace (because our heat pump had stopped working) and found the last one at a big box, and an attendant who didn’t want to count it - so I got a $300 fireplace for $100 and then sold the cabinet for $65 (really only needed the insert).  That was the best holiday deal I can think of right now.  🙂

Tags (3)
Ninawells2017

The best holiday deal i have ever gotten was this year at a store that was closing out , every thing was 60-80% off the entire store , i have six kids to buy for , for christmas , it usually cost like 2000 dollars or more on christmas gift , i got everything i need to for my kid , for like 500 , 

Need Help? Let's chat.