cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: $10 ready-made plan expiring July 16

@RobertQc wrote:

Hey, thanks for giving us a heads up!

$10.png

Will the home page of publicmobile.ca will say "Plans starting at $15/mo" ? Since the plan builder $10 30 day 0 text, 0 data, 0 calling is not able to be selected?

15.png

The $10 is even an option in the plan builder.  It has never been a plan, and can’t even hold a telephone number.  I’ve not tried to activate it as it would be a waste of $11.30 if I tried.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just signed up my Dad for this plan yesterday.  Huge savings over his previous $30 plan with Telus.  My Dad uses less than 50 minutes a month.  Just in case I bought him a 500 minute add-on.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

I trust @Alan_K will be revealing surprising news for us next week

Otherwise some new business will be lost to that horseshoe brand.
They are still offering $10 plan and $25 referral credit for both parties.

Don’t you mean the $15?

They have both Smiley Happy

horseshoe plans.jpg

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

All good things come to an end. Looking forward to new plans in the future.

Oracle

@stonechucker wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

As of July 15th 2019, 11:59 PM ET, the following price plan is being expired:

• $10 Ready-Made plan

If you’re interested in taking advantage of this ready-made plan while it’s still available, learn how you can set up a future-dated plan change on your next renewal date by clicking here. By doing so before July 16, your plan will automatically change to the plan that you choose on your next cycle. 

Spoiler

I am surprised it lasted this long.  Without the ability to purchase an add-on for more texts, this plan would stop sending after 50 outgoing sMS messages.

The $15 plan has unlimited text in and out, unlimited incoming calls, and 100 Canadawide minutes and 250 mb. Of data.  This is a much more useful plan.  The new 500 minutes for $5 is a sweet add on!

$13 after AutoPay discount, this is a steal at twice the price.

I have a couple of relatives who like to keep this $10 plan as an infrequently used backup/emergency phone.  At $8/mth after autopay, plus loyalty rewards eventually dropping it to as low as $3, it suits that purpose.  They don't need the data that comes with the $15 plan.  Well, at least they'll be grandfathered.

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you were referring another carrier.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

I trust @Alan_K will be revealing surprising news for us next week

Otherwise some new business will be lost to that horseshoe brand.
They are still offering $10 plan and $25 referral credit for both parties.

Don’t you mean the $15?

They have both Smiley Happy

horseshoe plans.jpg

@stonechucker No need for apologies here. I definitely make my fair share of mistakes.Smiley Happy

@sunflowershine wrote:

Originally I will have my mom cellular switch to PM after her prepaid plan finished. Seem I have to use Speakout instead...

I think it's worth getting now and when hers is about to expire port her number. If she never use phone it's a great plan, but it is for emergencies only, and a family member has that one in my household used only to tell us where is the pickup or to call a cab if nobody can drive to pickup. 

best value is still with 15 plan in my opinion, as you can turn it to unlimited with VoIP and everybody I know who went for 10 ended up switching to 15 eventually.

It is a great plan to get people to try it and I'll miss it.

I just hope it gets replaced by even better one. I know if at least one person who switched over only due to 10 plan. She doesn't have it of course anymore but if I didn't get it myself and let her use the sim and she could see it's just fine and that cheap and get plan was two times less with better coverage. I will miss it: (

Will be missed: (

@Triguy wrote:

Probably popular plan used by families and people who use their phones only as a backup or emergencies.  Hopefully, PM has some new plans in the works.

I too hope they are dropping this because they have something better.

This plan hits a sweet spot for my up-and-coming family just getting started into cell phones. The $15 is too much for our needs, especially multiplied many times over, since we have to get multiple plans. I guess I'll have to hold on tight to those $10 plans for the time being.