cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number changed

CoarseSocks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I woke up yesterday to see I had no service on my phone, after some testing I determined that something had happened to the SIM card and I replaced it, changed it in the self serve, and voila, it was all working again. fast forward to today, I realize that my number was also changed to one with an area code from half way across the country. How did this happen? How can I change it back? the change number option just gives me random numbers to choose from and I do not have the option of changing to a different number right now. Thanks for any help in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

@CoarseSocks wrote:

Update: it turned out I did get sim-jacked, I have contacted the moderators, and disabled all my cards just in case, thanks for all of your help

Hi @CoarseSocks sorry this had happened to.  There have been a few sim-jacking posts lately.  Good luck to you.

CoarseSocks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Update: it turned out I did get sim-jacked, I have contacted the moderators, and disabled all my cards just in case, thanks for all of your help

Look at your activity for inbound and outbound calls that are not yours. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @CoarseSocks ,

Sorry to hear this. 😞

For future, if at any time you lose service or having a SIM issue, check your SELF SERVE account to see if your the 4 digits listed there match the last four digits of your SIM in your phone?

You can find this under "Change Sim Card" on your Overview account:

esjliv_0-1596590590569.png

I would let the Public Mobile Moderators know about what is happening with your situation as well.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot or link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

(if after clicking this you get an option to: Ignore OR Go to PublicMobile.ca – HIT THE “Ignore” option)

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sam2020XL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes, you may have been SIMjacked. Get you old number back or have it locked ASAP before someone empties your bank accounts.

goodluck

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@CoarseSocks wrote:

I woke up yesterday to see I had no service on my phone, after some testing I determined that something had happened to the SIM card and I replaced it, changed it in the self serve, and voila, it was all working again. fast forward to today, I realize that my number was also changed to one with an area code from half way across the country. How did this happen? How can I change it back? the change number option just gives me random numbers to choose from and I do not have the option of changing to a different number right now. Thanks for any help in advance.

Keep a sharp eye on all your banking transactions. ...just in case you've been sim-jacked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CoarseSocks 

Suggest you change your password and contact the moderators to get your old number back. Seems someone has changed it on you.

Check all your online financial dealings too.

If you can do without service in the meantime, it would be suggested to suspend the service too so that your account doesn't get ported out..

Need Help? Let's chat.